Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Iron Man Experience Review

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the transformers/spiderman ride is literally incomparable to the disney star wars/ironman ride, they are totally two different things, just people (including me) think that the game would be as exciting as the universal rides and that's how people may get underwhelmed too.

Be honest, I think the ride is good but Disney could make the Stark expo and the Ironman ride much better than it is now. With due respect, I think the Stark Expo is a bit lame, even an exhibition (in museum) by LCSD would be more fabulous and interactive. The story to the ride is that simple and a bit dull. I wish I could see more Jarvis "humorous" line or some easter eggs or hidden someone in the footage, just like it movies did. (Please tell me if you find one, I mean anyone except Mr Stan Lee. I really want to know).
    Last edited by ree523; 01-03-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ree523 View Post
      I think the transformers/spiderman ride is literally incomparable to the disney star wars/ironman ride, they are totally two different things, just people (including me) think that the game would be as exciting as the universal rides and that's how people may get underwhelmed too.

Be honest, I think the ride is good but Disney could make the Stark expo and the Ironman ride much better than it is now. With due respect, I think the Stark Expo is a bit lame, even an exhibition (in museum) by LCSD would be more fabulous and interactive. The story to the ride is that simple and a bit dull. I wish I could see more Jarvis "humorous" line or some easter eggs or hidden someone in the footage, just like it movies did. (Please tell me if you find one, I mean anyone except Mr Stan Lee. I really want to know).
      Agree, yes Disney could have done much more with this ride. But they opted for the easy n safe way using old technology. I am not dissapointed because I didn't expect it to wow me. But for Disney fans who have experienced Star Tours a thousand times, this is nothing new besides the story and the building.

Comment

I don't understand why they didn't use a modified version of the Mission: Space Tech? That could make it feel like you're in your own Iron Man Suit. After coming from a great expansion track record (Toy Story Land non withstanding) this is kind of a disappointment. The show building is very uninspired, the theme clashes with the whole concept of "Tomorrowland", the ride is dull and essentially a boring rehash. Even the name wasn't thought through enough! "Iron Man Experience"? It's the laziest name they could've come up with. Definitely not worth the 2-3 year wait.

I personally don't like the new direction HKDL is going in with all these franchised mini-lands that are all very short term in hindsight (unlike Grizzly and Mystic, which could go on forever). I really hope they refresh this ride in the future because this is just disappointing.
        Disney Trips:
        Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
        Walt Disney World: April 2015
        Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
        Disneyland Paris: July 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018 (SOON!!)
        Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013, June 2016...

Favorite Rides:
        1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
        2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
        3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
        4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
        5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyHKP View Post
          I personally don't like the new direction HKDL is going in with all these franchised mini-lands that are all very short term in hindsight (unlike Grizzly and Mystic, which could go on forever). I really hope they refresh this ride in the future because this is just disappointing.
          I also don't understand why "franchised mini-lands" cannot go on forever while non-franchised rides can?

Isn't Fantasyland entirely filled with franchised rides and stuff? It seems to be as popular as it has ever been, if not more popular than before.
          Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
          Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
          Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
          Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post

I also don't understand why "franchised mini-lands" cannot go on forever while non-franchised rides can?

Isn't Fantasyland entirely filled with franchised rides and stuff? It seems to be as popular as it has ever been, if not more popular than before.
            Fantasyland is fine and is a prime example of what Disney should be doing. Yes, there are rides based on franchises in Fantasyland but the ENTIRE fantasyland isn't themed to 1 specific franchise. This is what Disney should be doing as 1) It doesn't limit the creativity of attractions that could go in that land 2) the investment required to change a specific ride when/if a franchised ride stops being popular is significantly less than changing an entire LAND. If Frozen stops becoming popular in 20 years, Disney will have to invest a lot more in completely changing the story and theming of Frozen Land compared to if it was simply a ride.

I say that non-franchised attractions and lands can survive longer, and theoretically "forever", compared to franchised ones can as these original stories and themes aren't confined to a movie that goes by a specific story. For example, if Imagineers wanted to change Mystic Manor, they could very well make up a story as to why Lord Henry left and why this other person came in that could still fit in the "world" of Mystic Point. In franchised rides, however, you're limited by the scope and story of the movie it is based on. You wouldn't expect to see anyone other than Frozen characters in a Frozen land, and taking them out wouldn't make sense at all. This leaves Disney "trapped" in a way, with no other alternative other than to stick with the original franchise even if it becomes unpopular. This isn't the case with non-franchised areas. Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point could go on until HKDL closes without becoming stale because the imagineers could blue sky a multitude of stories for those particular settings. For frozen land, not as much.
            Disney Trips:
            Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
            Walt Disney World: April 2015
            Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
            Disneyland Paris: July 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018 (SOON!!)
            Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013, June 2016...

Favorite Rides:
            1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
            2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
            3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
            4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
            5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyHKP View Post
              If Frozen stops becoming popular in 20 years, Disney will have to invest a lot more in completely changing the story and theming of Frozen Land compared to if it was simply a ride.
              Honestly, I don't see the problem or the difference. I guess neither does Disney.

Comment

Does this ride only have one story or are there multiple random scenes that change each time you go on it, like
                Star Tours? Also, it looks like they will need to update the video once the new castle is built.
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.inparkmagazine.com/iron-m...-kong-opening/

Comment

Stan Lee narrates the TV ad!

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post

Stan Lee narrates the TV ad!
                      This's incredibly awesome!!

Comment

There are little things they could have done to improve the experience using this old technology. They could have just added windows-displays to each row on both sides. The moving scenery at the side and the front display combined could have made it even more immersive for example.

Comment

Well, I also did the ride twice over the weekend. First, both times I used Fast Pass so I did not go through the standby queue. The queue is good and it shows all the previous Iron Wing versions.

The ride itself is very similar to Star Tours 2. But ST2 has an AA as a pilot and they would pick a rider as a suspected "spy", which is always funny. But Iron Man also has its shares of humour and excitement. The film is very clearly HKDL specific so if any other park wants to replicate the ride, then they will have to make their own films. It was the same film both times I rode. The details are good. The woman who talked us through the boarding process could be seen in the end of the film giving a sigh of relief as we returned safely to Stark Expo.

My wife said first, the ride is too short, second, she feels both Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios and Batman: Dark Flight at Studios City Macau are better than this ride.

I think Iron Man Experience has a better film than both Batman: Dark Flight and Transformers. But both Batman and Transformers have better ride vehicles and effects. Iron Man Experience does not even have water sprays, even though the vehicle hit the water once or twice.

It is very disappointing that Disney, supposedly the industry leader, is so far behind in terms of ride vehicle technology. I hope they can find ways to improve the ride in the future, if possible.

The ride is worth a try but not worth a special trip. If you have done ST2 then you have done the better version of the ride.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X