Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney hotel opens way for 600 new jobs

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Disney should open a third resort in another US city first if you ask me. Possibly Houston. The profits would be even higher than a second tier Chinese city.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Asa View Post
      Disney should open a third resort in another US city first if you ask me. Possibly Houston. The profits would be even higher than a second tier Chinese city.
      A 3rd resort in the US will probably end up having the same HKDL issue and being crushed by Disney World and Disneyland Anaheim in the first decade, unless the 3rd park is a 10 billion USD investment with 2 gates to start with on the very first day. Otherwise adding expansions area's to the existing parks might be the cheapest and fastest option to make money.
      Also, Disney already owns the US market completely with 2 parks, people have been going to Disney for generations, the fan base is extremely solid and massive.
      In 20 years, the Mouse would have brainwashed China, and it would contribute a few more billions per year on top of the solid income from the US parks.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by ree523 View Post
        http://www.menafn.com/1095715657/Ove...st-over-a-year

        The news again mentioned about another Chinese Disney park will be coming.

        Hakjie,
        The focus of the summer event this year.
        1) Marvel hero super summer
        2) Final call of the Buzz Lightyear Blaster
        3) StellaLou greet and meet

        Well, I don't know what to say.....I don't think HKDL will do any good in 2017. The event and promotion, nothing big nothing good so far.
        Yeah, the efforts just doesn't seem to pay off yet for HKDL this summer.
        I just think that we might be heading the Paris Disneyland way. When WDC opened the 2nd gate in Paris (which is widely considered to be a failed 2nd gate), WDC didnt want to build it, but WDC wanted the land which is a value on its own. So WDC just built some cheap stuff on it to claim the 2nd gate land.
        Our 2nd gate land is the most expensive valued land which WDC could own and without enough attendance they would really slow down their investment after they bought it. ( The same way WDC treats Paris Disneyland now, keep it running in a good shape and 1 re-imagined inexpensive ride once in a while )
        2023-2025 would be the definitive period for WDC to do the final maths for HKDL's future.
        Last edited by hakjie11; 08-12-2017, 03:35 AM.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Asa View Post
          Disney should open a third resort in another US city first if you ask me. Possibly Houston. The profits would be even higher than a second tier Chinese city.
          I think if the advantage for WDC to invest and build another park in China is that WDC only owns less than half of it and need to pay only half of the cost. The convincing profit SDL earned by SDL in the first year gives WDC confidence and is a boost to its ambition in China park.

          My two cents: Even if HKDL kept losing and losing money, WDC still got a net profit from Asia parks. DLP has been lossing money for a long time, and I don't think that is a huge problem to the WDC.
          ------------

          I have been following Mr B's facebook page, and I share the same view. The page recently took a look back the past TV advertisement and summer, and halloween events. The park's marketing and performance this year in every aspect has been a shadow of itself. Marvel and Star Wars are the future direction from the Disney park, but how to promote it, is in HKDL's hand.
          I don't know the change of the strategy is a consequence of the resignation of it ex-director Mr Andrew Kam last year or not. I just hope they will beat the game hard next year.


          -----------
          It's a little bit off topic.

          Disney recently said the withdrawal of programs and film from the Netflix platform, and they are going to start their own streaming service.
          Though I guess the plan may be focusing on the US market first, but when it goes global, do you think they will provide the broadcasting service in HK? Any thoughts?

          I hope I will not be disappointed to the possibility that the streaming service may be launched in China, but not in Hong Kong because HK is never a big market. And TVB already has the Disney on demand service contract.
          Last edited by ree523; 08-12-2017, 05:18 AM.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by ree523 View Post

            I think if the advantage for WDC to invest and build another park in China is that WDC only owns less than half of it and need to pay only half of the cost. The convincing profit SDL earned by SDL in the first year gives WDC confidence and is a boost to its ambition in China park.

            My two cents: Even if HKDL kept losing and losing money, WDC still got a net profit from Asia parks. DLP has been lossing money for a long time, and I don't think that is a huge problem to the WDC.
            ------------

            I have been following Mr B's facebook page, and I share the same view. The page recently took a look back the past TV advertisement and summer, and halloween events. The park's marketing and performance this year in every aspect has been a shadow of itself. Marvel and Star Wars are the future direction from the Disney park, but how to promote it, is in HKDL's hand.
            I don't know the change of the strategy is a consequence of the resignation of it ex-director Mr Andrew Kam last year or not. I just hope they will beat the game hard next year.
            .
            Agree, money is not an issue for WDC to keep HKDL up and running, but I mean that we will not be on the first row to get exciting development if grow keeps stagnate in the future.

            I enjoy reading Mr B's pages, but I just cannot see myself commenting on its posts, since most of his followers doesn't share the same deep Disney knowledge and understanding compared to the ones commenting here in Micechat forums for example.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post

              A 3rd resort in the US will probably end up having the same HKDL issue and being crushed by Disney World and Disneyland Anaheim in the first decade, unless the 3rd park is a 10 billion USD investment with 2 gates to start with on the very first day. Otherwise adding expansions area's to the existing parks might be the cheapest and fastest option to make money.
              Also, Disney already owns the US market completely with 2 parks, people have been going to Disney for generations, the fan base is extremely solid and massive.
              In 20 years, the Mouse would have brainwashed China, and it would contribute a few more billions per year on top of the solid income from the US parks.
              Not necessary. Today you build anything with the Disney brand in the USA with decent quality, people will queue up for it. Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! was a totally unknown IP three years or so ago. It got people waiting 5 hours for it now. Disney Anaheim is able to actually sell a day pass to its annual pass holders on an originally block out date this summer. That kind of enthusiasm and demand for Disney is phenomenal. If HKDL existed in Houston then it would be getting 10 million + visitors per year no problem. Guaranteed. Even better, all profits belongs to Disney, no sharing with local partner required.

              Yeah you pay half for your Chinese parks but you also earn half the profits only. Disney pay nothing for Tokyo Disney Resort and they earn nothing from the gate receipts. You reap what you sow.

              Chinese crowds are famously volatile. Disney might be very interesting to them but the Chinese crowd still have plenty of local media to keep them entertained. "Journey to the West" has another new film in the cinemas today and there are lots of other stuff. Don't forget China still has control of how many foreign films can be shown in Chinese cinemas per year and Disney share this quota with Fox, Warner Bros, Universal, Paramount, Sony etc. There is absolutely no way Disney can "brainwash" the Chinese public.
              Last edited by Asa; 08-12-2017, 06:54 PM.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                I enjoy reading Mr B's pages, but I just cannot see myself commenting on its posts, since most of his followers doesn't share the same deep Disney knowledge and understanding compared to the ones commenting here in Micechat forums for example.
                Some of the people on Mr. B's page cannot even understand why LegCo has to approve govt spending... for me that's beyond ignorance... Even Mr. B himself is not very knowledgeable in terms of business practices, finances and economics. But I do agree that the park can do better in terms of marketing and product designs.
                Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

                Comment

                Get Away Today Footer

                Collapse
                Working...
                X