Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20170324222257_0_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	8529075

Stella Lou officially arrives in Hong Kong Disneyland today. She will appear in Main Street Cinema "My journey with Duffy" for meet and greets.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20690190_10155703732237148_3944005298304510  430_o.jpg?oh=6ebf3bb0d3cd324262e9508c6b0e117a&amp;oe=5  A356EC6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	8529344

Click image for larger version  Name:	20748030_10155703660912148_8905631193874069  642_o.jpg?oh=885b5c29c333967683853e29a59bd8cd&amp;oe=5  A21D4BB.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	8529345

Click image for larger version  Name:	20690083_10155703662077148_3198235720775455  696_o.jpg?oh=b7f4073fdff6f791c7ed0cdacc10fde7&amp;oe=5  A38D9F3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	8529346

Click image for larger version  Name:	20645407_10155703133452148_5968746407313790  939_o.jpg?oh=aa22d7e158428f3c09fbb3190b5a42e1&amp;oe=5  A303933.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	8529348

Click image for larger version  Name:	20728405_10155703311702148_7822836477065283  674_n.jpg?oh=58333550c799c238bd6b8119c4ee8882&amp;oe=5  9F792A3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	8529347

Stella Lou was officially welcomed into the HKDL family yesterday. She will meet and greet fans at Main Street Cinema: My Journeys with Duffy. Of course her merchandise is available in the shop next door.

There are related food items available in the Main Street Corner Cafe as well.

I honestly think with the Duffy family growing to four members now, the Main Street Cinema is just too small to accommodate all of them. There is room behind the cinema, maybe they should expand the site and turn it into a real "cinema" or theatre and put a Duffy show in there.
      Last edited by Asa; 08-10-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post

I honestly think with the Duffy family growing to four members now, the Main Street Cinema is just too small to accommodate all of them. There is room behind the cinema, maybe they should expand the site and turn it into a real "cinema" or theatre and put a Duffy show in there.
        I hope our Main Street will add another street like the one planned in Magic Kingdom which will feature a new Theater.
        http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/confir...-presentation/

Comment

• I am thinking if HKDL or TDL will add Duffy and friends characters into It's a small world ride someday.

Comment

• Disney Halloween Time begins on 14 Sep 2017.

Reports said there will be a brand new haunted house and Paint the Night will not run during the period, so there must be new night time entertainment.

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/halloween-time/

Comment

Disney Halloween Time begins on 14 Sep 2017.

Reports said there will be a brand new haunted house and Paint the Night will not run during the period, so there must be new night time entertainment.

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/halloween-time/
              The haunted house is being constructed next to Plaza Inn restaurant. Quite a massive building.
              https://www.facebook.com/mrbpage/pho...type=3&theater

Comment

• Expansion work officially begins at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Strangely Disney chose Friday the 13th to be the work commencement date...

Comment

• I wonder whether they have thought about to combine Frozen land with the earlier concept Glacier Bay, there are several elements they could re-use like the lake or the snow mountains.
                  If the landscaping is done correctly it could probably blend in perfectly.
                  I really want the Frozen land to be impressive. The mini lands like Grizzly Gulch/ Toy story/ Mystic Manor are nice, but since they are quite small they don't really convince you of actually being there. I mean, all you need to do is to walk around the corner which is like 35 sec and then you see the entrance to the other land already.
                  I would also like them to extend/connect the Grizzly Gulch land with a Pirates/Indiana Jones land in that other corner.
                  Quite sure we will get a Pirates ride at some point, we are the only park without one and there are really no reasons why we would not get one, I think HKDL will be happy to sell us their Pirates merchandise stock from other parks. Pirates merchandise would certainly sell better then Cowboy merchandises.

Comment

• HKDL character auditions probably for the new Moana show here in the Philippines

Comment

• HKDL 2018 programme line up.

Comment

HKDL 2018 programme line up.
                        Thanks Asa,

HKDL is doing good work here by pre-informing their fans.
                        Although only Moana is truly new, it is still very much appreciated on how they communicate all years activities with us.

btw Moana's show is 18 minutes long according to this article.
                        http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/2017...00822_001.html

Comment

• The Moana show concept art has changed to this.

SHIELD ride will now open at the end of 2018. Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the Marvel Superheroes that appear in the ride. They are taking their time to re-theme the ride and I think it will be quite an extensive re-themeing job.

Comment

The Moana show concept art has changed to this.

SHIELD ride will now open at the end of 2018. Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the Marvel Superheroes that appear in the ride. They are taking their time to re-theme the ride and I think it will be quite an extensive re-themeing job.

Shield ride based on only Ant Man and Wasp is probably a good theme for a gun blasting experience where the visitors sit in pods shrunken to Ant level sizes to battle robot flees.
                            But Ant Man is probably ranked as one of the least popular Marvel hero out there. I guess HKDL couldn't get all the good stuff after having the most favorite superhero Iron Man.
                            I hope the new Ant Man movie in 2018 will increase its popularity.

Now that we know it is based on Ant man it does makes sense, since Disney has years of experience on how to make the audience feel shrunken (ref to the attraction "Honey I shrunk the kids show" and the recent reimagined Tokyo Disney Sea attraction "Finding Dory" and Paris Disney's "Ratatouille"ride.
                            If the ride is anything close to the Ratouille ride then I am completely sold.
                            Ratouille ride :
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZdXqY1TKs
                            Last edited by hakjie11; 11-14-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• "Disney in the Stars" fireworks spectacular will have its finale on 2 January.

The construction work on Frozen land has commenced and the firework shooters will be moving. I guess that is why the fireworks show will stop. Hopefully they find another place to install the firework shooters again.

Comment

"Disney in the Stars" fireworks spectacular will have its finale on 2 January.

The construction work on Frozen land has commenced and the firework shooters will be moving. I guess that is why the fireworks show will stop. Hopefully they find another place to install the firework shooters again.

I think we can be quite sure that it wont be the same kind of fireworks spectacle anymore. The new castle show at night will be a video projection with music, fountain, fire and fume and maybe some simple fireworks here and there to emphasize the grand finale of the songs. It also seems logic that they cant continue fireworks at some point because of ecological and safety reasons with a fully expanded park. So I would recommend everyone to go and watch the final fireworks show before January.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X