What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://hkmsg.blogspot.hk/2018/05/2018-180519.html

A lot of pictures and a video for the "Moana: A Homecoming Celebration" Show by Hong Kong Main Street Gazette, the show begins tomorrow!!
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
      https://hkmsg.blogspot.hk/2018/05/2018-180519.html

A lot of pictures and a video for the "Moana: A Homecoming Celebration" Show by Hong Kong Main Street Gazette, the show begins tomorrow!!

I passed by the Moana Show location 2 days ago, I must say that it is quite well constructed.
      Hope the show doesn't disappoint.

Comment

• New rendering for Ant-Man, Wasp and SHIELD ride

Comment

New rendering for Ant-Man, Wasp and SHIELD ride
          I think we can be quite sure that screens will play an important part in this ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
            Hey Guys,

The coaster might still be true, the round ride Dancing Sleighs will be replaced by it.
            I was told to wait for the official announcement.
            Guys,

IT"S CONFIRMED, COASTER IS COMING TO OUR FROZEN LAND!!!

It's going to replace the Dancing Sleighs.

https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/1000004082575269888
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPu9CIVLxY8
            http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.co...1-af91ff040b58

"...Guests can join a musical journey to Elsa’s Ice Palace and also venture across the bridge to explore the neighboring forest. They will enjoy an exciting family thrill ride that traverses the natural landscape, built by Wandering Oaken for this special occasion..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrozenCoasterland.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	8558859

Comment

• This is definitely an upgrade to the original plan, I wonder how they manage to place a roller coaster to the footprint of the dancing sleighs ride.

Comment

• Guys,

Some more changes, specifically in the Arendelle Village,

https://www.facebook.com/mrbpage/pho...type=3&theater

It would be a no brainer for me if these cheaper village constructions free-ed up budgets needed for the coaster.
                It is also great to have more viewing area for the lake and its scenery and maybe that is a also a viewing area for a lake show?

Comment

• I wonder when will HKDL has its first two-storey building.....The one of the right top corner, it seems the building has a functioning upper floor.

Comment

• Are we still going to get "Frozen Ever After" (EPCOT or improved version) when they say "Guests can join a musical journey to Elsa’s Ice Palace"?

As for the size of land for the roller coaster, I am not at all worried because there are many shorter coasters around that can fit. I think when they say family coaster they also mean it is not very thrilling and not very long.

Comment

Are we still going to get "Frozen Ever After" (EPCOT or improved version) when they say "Guests can join a musical journey to Elsa’s Ice Palace"?
                      I don't think they dare to change that ride, that's like the meat or the whole purpose of having a Frozen land.
                      Personally I would bet on an improved version since the one from Epcot was a reimagined version using an old ride track and building, so they kinda had their limitations.
                      Ours is completely new, built from the ground up, and its blueprint will perhaps be shared with the announced Paris Frozen ride, so it has to be at least "a little bit" better.
                      At some point there were some rumors of the new Frozen Ever After using the new Shanghai Disney POTC ride system which could also allow backwards drops.

Comment

• I am thinking that with the lake setting, the Frozen Ever After log flumes can actually make a little splash into the lake near the end of the ride, then circle back into the loading area, which is within the village. That would make the ride more unique and make more good use of the lake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt30DHX3lcg

Actually if you look at the video of the EPCOT version of the ride, the final splash happens and then the boat is right in front of the Arendelle castle, which conveniently will be our lake area. Then the log flume turns right and back into the loading area, which should be our loading area inside the village. So I kind of expect the Imagineers have already planned for it to do just that.
                        Last edited by Asa; 05-27-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I am thinking that with the lake setting, the Frozen Ever After log flumes can actually make a little splash into the lake near the end of the ride, then circle back into the loading area, which is within the village. That would make the ride more unique and make more good use of the lake.
                          That's seriously a good idea, in that way we can get a "very small" taste of the HKDL missed opportunity conceptual POTC-splash ride.
                          The back of the Arendelle castle on the lake could also function as part of the story in this way, maybe some kind of a "Hooray-Village Party - ending scene" to the ride. It would be really cool if the boats would be on the lake before turning back into the loading area inside. The sense of scale/scenery and the change of indoor to outdoor would be thrill. Imagine all the nice pictures you can take on the boat on the lake during day and night time....

Ref to this old POTC concept :

Click image for larger version  Name:	SplashPOTC.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.1 KB ID:	8559019
                          Last edited by hakjie11; 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Duffy is about to get a new friend. He/she will make his/her debut in HKDL (instead of Tokyo DisneySea).

Photo by Disney Magic Kingdom Blog.

Comment

• http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...never-was.html

Disney and more takes a look at the cancelled HKDL Glacier Bay project.

Well it was not a mystery why it got cancelled, it got cancelled because HK govt thought it would be similar in theme to the Polar Adventure being developed by Ocean Park, which of course turned out to be rather different.

Comment

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...never-was.html

Disney and more takes a look at the cancelled HKDL Glacier Bay project.

Well it was not a mystery why it got cancelled, it got cancelled because HK govt thought it would be similar in theme to the Polar Adventure being developed by Ocean Park, which of course turned out to be rather different.
                                If they had built it then we would have another truly exclusive and unique attraction for HKDL like Mystic Manor.
                                Nowadays all new expansions are based on Disney's existing IP's which is of course not necessarily a bad thing, but would take away some surprise of encountering new experiences for the park visitors.
                                On the other hand, if they had build Glacier Bay, we would never have gotten a Frozen Land

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	35265092_2134226266591015_1813737738181017600_n.png?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHF-AX6yCSLCC6lXqyKYP-2rN0I8DM_1AJjr8z3KhRps5LUa9GRc28iP6gTgFUwq3EqB2r0iUJ745vtb95FN2xQi0I7OLkH5JUCtsSsvVAaVA&oh=aa3e17d1673039f5d04cc539775ddd9b&oe=5B767C81.png
Views:	1
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	8560955

New friend of Duffy and co will make his/her global debut on 3 July at HKDL.

Answer a simple question on HK Disneyland Facebook official page and 15 winners can attend the welcome party.

Comment

• Tokyo DisneySea will also be getting their version of Frozen Land. I believe with Tokyo's willingness to spend compared to Hong Kong, their Frozen will most likely be more superior than Hong Kong's. But we shall see.

Tokyo Disney Operator to Spend $2.3 Billion in Resort Expansion

The operator of Tokyo Disneyland is investing 250 billion yen ($2.3 billion) in the biggest expansion to the Japanese resort in almost two decades as Walt Disney Co. continues to upgrade its theme parks in Asia.

Oriental Land Co., which is licensed to operate the Tokyo resort, will expand the DisneySea park to include a hotel and new areas based on movies such as “Frozen” and “Peter Pan,” according to a statement Thursday. The investment is in addition to a previously announced about 100 billion yen upgrade to DisneySea and the Disneyland park. Oriental Land said it extended its license with Disney for an additional 30 years, to 2076.

The new areas are set to open by mid-2022 and will add 50 billion yen in annual revenue, according to Kyoichiro Uenishi, chief operating officer of Oriental Land. Uenishi said the resort may consider raising ticket prices if there is an opportunity. He declined to give a specific target for visitor numbers with the new attraction areas.

Tokyo Disneyland opened in April 1983, becoming the first Disney park built outside the U.S., while the adjoining DisneySea opened 18 years later. Disney is continuing to expand its parks in Asia. Earlier this year, it opened the first expansion, Toy Story Land, to its two-year-old Shanghai resort, and is in the middle of a $1.4 billion upgrade of its Hong Kong resort, which will include “Frozen” and Marvel-themed lands.

(https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sort-expansion)
                                    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

Comment

• https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201806/6151/

It sounds like TDS will also receive Frozen Ever After, but NOT the roller coaster that HKDL will receive.

I am actually amazed that for US$2.3 billion, that's all you can buy!!! WDI must be getting a huge pat on the back by Bob Iger.

Comment

• So everyone is getting a Frozen land nowadays, I thought WDC was trying to fix HKDL by giving it a 3-5 years head start in Asia at least.
                                        Well I guess a head start in China is enough exclusivity for such a big market.

I can't seem to find any "exclusivity" wordings mentioned for all these attractions in Tokyo, so it could probably mean that other parks might also get them later.
                                        I am really interested in the Peter Pan mini land, I think it will fit HKDL since we are still lacking any pirates themed attractions.
                                        Last edited by hakjie11; 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...0#post-8253618

WDW1974 said Tokyo's Frozen ride will be unique, while HK and Paris will share the same ride. HK will also get the Frozen version of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

(From what I gather, WDW1974 is very likely a Disney insider.)

Comment

Working...
                                          X