Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HKDL will announce its financial results soon. It is expected to be another year of loss despite the opening of Iron Man Experience and Disney Explorers Lodge. But the loss is expected to be less than last year and with the opening of the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai Mega Bridge as well as the High Speed Raillink, in addition to China relaxing Hong Kong visits for Guangdong residents, more visitors can be expected in 2018 and 2019.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Asa View Post
      HKDL will announce its financial results soon. It is expected to be another year of loss despite the opening of Iron Man Experience and Disney Explorers Lodge. But the loss is expected to be less than last year and with the opening of the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai Mega Bridge as well as the High Speed Raillink, in addition to China relaxing Hong Kong visits for Guangdong residents, more visitors can be expected in 2018 and 2019.
      I think many Gold Card members (which is their fixed bread n butter) have not visited HKDL as frequent as before due to all the ongoing renovations.
      A few Gold Card members I know simply chose to skip renewing membership this year and chose to renew again only in 2019 which does make sense.
      On top of that, the hotels are really suffering, the aggressive dining and accommodation promotions they launched previously are a good indication of how badly they need the business.
      Hope everything will get better when the expansions are ready.

      Comment


      • Click image for larger version

Name:	saucers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	8547433

        Disney Hollywood Studios upcoming Alien Swirling Saucers ride concept art. I still think this ride will be very suitable for HKDL Toy Story Land. The green aliens are hugely popular in HK and this will put them right back in the park as BLAB is no more. It does not look like an expensive ride as well which suits HKDL's poor finances.
        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Asa View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	saucers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	8547433

          Disney Hollywood Studios upcoming Alien Swirling Saucers ride concept art. I still think this ride will be very suitable for HKDL Toy Story Land. The green aliens are hugely popular in HK and this will put them right back in the park as BLAB is no more. It does not look like an expensive ride as well which suits HKDL's poor finances.
          The park doesn't need more round rides. What it needs are dark rides, e.g. Peter Pan's Flights, Indy and Pirates.

          Comment


          • Summary of D23 announcement on parks so far..

            https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2018/02...c%7C1337187920

            Comment


            • Rock n Roller Coaster Paris Marvel re-imagination sounds like a cheap overlay.

              We could be getting something similar if they decided to cheaply re-imagine Hyper Space Mountain again to make the area completely Marvel as the unknown 2021 ride.
              I hope we get a Guardians of the galaxy coaster overlay if they decided to do it.
              Last edited by hakjie11; 02-12-2018, 02:26 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by iluvHKDL View Post

                The park doesn't need more round rides. What it needs are dark rides, e.g. Peter Pan's Flights, Indy and Pirates.
                The park cannot afford to build them unless it goes to LegCo to ask for funding again, we all know how that went and how humiliating it was for WDC. It was like begging for money with an empty bowl.
                Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                  Rock n Roller Coaster Paris Marvel re-imagination sounds like a cheap overlay.

                  We could be getting something similar if they decided to cheaply re-imagine Hyper Space Mountain again to make the area completely Marvel as the unknown 2021 ride.
                  I hope we get a Guardians of the galaxy coaster overlay if they decided to do it.
                  They seem to want to tie in the rides with the movies released. GotG 3 will be released in 2020, so maybe your idea will not happen.

                  Marvel hasn't announced their plans post Avengers 4 (May 2019), except GotG 3 (2020) and Spider-man: Homecoming 2? (Jul 2019). I think what Marvel will release in 2021 is still in flux. Maybe Captain Marvel 2? If Space Mountain is re-themed to the first major female Marvel superhero then that could be an interesting option.
                  Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                  Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                  Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                  Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                  Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                  Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                  Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

                  Comment


                  • Happy chinese new year everyone!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X