Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
    https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...0#post-8253618

WDW1974 said Tokyo's Frozen ride will be unique, while HK and Paris will share the same ride. HK will also get the Frozen version of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

(From what I gather, WDW1974 is very likely a Disney insider.)
    If it turns out to be totally different than the other Frozen rides they should really have chosen a different concept design to distinguish themselves a bit.
    Instead they still went for the same castle, village and mountain design.

Comment

• HKDL second phase land will be short term leased (5 to 10 years I believe) to a Dutch/Hong Kong joint company. They will build a Kaleido Park which is a flower garden that is reminiscent to the Keukenhof.

The park will have food and drinks outlets and shops as well. Admission prices have not been determined but maybe between HK$200 to HK$300. Actually a lot of information is still under development but the two side have signed an initial agreement.

HKDL welcomes the development and they look forward to receiving more information.

It looks like a very good companion to HKDL, HK people love flowers and a lot of people travel to Japan to see their flower gardens. So if it is done well and a partnership with the Dutch should guarantee that, then it is going to be popular and will also drive tourism.
      Last edited by Asa; 06-18-2018, 05:49 PM.
      Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
      Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
      Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
      Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• That's a surprise, I couldn't have thought of a better fit.
        I m sure Disney is very happy with this neighbor. If it develops and attracts visitors successfully, we might see Disney keeping the flower theme for the 2nd gate in the future or even continue to work with them and building attractions around the flower gardens a bit similar to Everland in South Korea.

(below Tulip Festival Everland, South Korea )

Click image for larger version  Name:	Everland25.jpg Views:	1 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	8561550

Comment

• The identity of Duffy's new friend has been revealed: She is Cookie.

Comment

• Guys,

according to the below website we are going to receive the same Epcot version's track design for the Frozen ride

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/disney-wil...ong-and-paris/

I hope there are some major improvements over the original Frozen ride, otherwise this would be a major disappointment for me personally.
            Since the Epcot version was in fact a re-imagined version of a very old ride called Maelstrom which opened in 1988 and by the time of opening in HK, this Epcot Frozen ride would also be 5 years old.

Comment

• The Alien Swirling Saucers attraction in Disney Hollywood Studios. This ride will fit in HKDL's Toy Story Land so well and replace BLAB. If they build it now they might even get it done in time for the release of Toy Story 4 next summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                Guys,

according to the below website we are going to receive the same Epcot version's track design for the Frozen ride

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/disney-wil...ong-and-paris/

I hope there are some major improvements over the original Frozen ride, otherwise this would be a major disappointment for me personally.
                Since the Epcot version was in fact a re-imagined version of a very old ride called Maelstrom which opened in 1988 and by the time of opening in HK, this Epcot Frozen ride would also be 5 years old.
                https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...30194/page-350

WDW1974 said HKDL and WDS would use the Shanghai Pirate ride system. That's the last thing he heard.

I also read else where that Maelstorm ride system is old and maintenance costs is high, so WDI wants to implement a new ride system instead.

Comment

• Moana Show ( personal opinion ) :

So today I had the chance to see the Moana show for the first time.

First the location, near the entrance of Adventure Land. It brought a lot of ambiance and curiosity to passing by visitors who didn't intend to watch the show, so that's actually quite a good thing.
                  The Moana show seems to have revived the traffic of the Tahitian restaurant, as you know this restaurant has always been lacking visitors, so another positive thing.

However :

1/. The design of the structure : Today was a very hot day. It just didn't provide enough shade or fans for the public to comfortably enjoy the show. There were only 3 rows of seats and even the last row was actually exposed to the sun in the afternoon, so the standing public were holding umbrella's meaning that the stage wasn't visible for others behind them.
                  A lot of people left after a few minutes because of the heat and not be able to see the stage clearly from a distance due to the umbrella's, meaning that the same will also happen even if it was raining just a tiny bit.
                  I understand that they want to keep the area open with its design, to provide more transparency into the land, but I think they could have solved this easily by deepening the seating and standing area and/or raising the stage a bit.

2/. The performance of the cast was certainly energetic, but I am not sure what they want to achieve with the show. It is not funny and it doesn't have any surprise during the whole show.

Overall I think it was a great idea to add a show location near the entrance of Adventure Land, but I doubt the show itself has enough drawing power after a year or 2.
                  Let's say, I would queue for the show once, but would only watch it again if I managed to get a seat without queuing the next time.

Comment

• Welcome Party for Cookie, Duffy's new friend.

Cookie will appear with Duffy in the Main Street Cinema to meet and greet fans.

Will Cookie appear in DisneySea?
                    Last edited by Asa; 07-05-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                      Moana Show ( personal opinion ) :

So today I had the chance to see the Moana show for the first time.

First the location, near the entrance of Adventure Land. It brought a lot of ambiance and curiosity to passing by visitors who didn't intend to watch the show, so that's actually quite a good thing.
                      The Moana show seems to have revived the traffic of the Tahitian restaurant, as you know this restaurant has always been lacking visitors, so another positive thing.

However :

1/. The design of the structure : Today was a very hot day. It just didn't provide enough shade or fans for the public to comfortably enjoy the show. There were only 3 rows of seats and even the last row was actually exposed to the sun in the afternoon, so the standing public were holding umbrella's meaning that the stage wasn't visible for others behind them.
                      A lot of people left after a few minutes because of the heat and not be able to see the stage clearly from a distance due to the umbrella's, meaning that the same will also happen even if it was raining just a tiny bit.
                      I understand that they want to keep the area open with its design, to provide more transparency into the land, but I think they could have solved this easily by deepening the seating and standing area and/or raising the stage a bit.

2/. The performance of the cast was certainly energetic, but I am not sure what they want to achieve with the show. It is not funny and it doesn't have any surprise during the whole show.

Overall I think it was a great idea to add a show location near the entrance of Adventure Land, but I doubt the show itself has enough drawing power after a year or 2.
                      Let's say, I would queue for the show once, but would only watch it again if I managed to get a seat without queuing the next time.

Seems like I was not the only one complaining...

3 extra seating rows added and also some additional movable fans on the side.

Good job HKDL !

(picture taken today)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moana improvements.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	8564276

Comment

• https://youtube.com/watch?v=puBfEoWAzTo

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...yland-in-2019/

The SHIELD/Ant-Man and the Wasp ride has been officially named: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle!

When a routine trip to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Science and Technology Pavilion at Stark Expo takes an unexpected turn, guests join forces with Ant-Man and The Wasp in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s state-of-the-art vehicle to fight against Arnim Zola and his army of Hydra swarm-bots in a heroic battle. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly, the stars of the “Ant-Man” films, also appear in this all-new, interactive attraction.

A new Marvel attraction is planned for Hong Kong Disneyland, where guests will be invited to team up with Ant-Man and The Wasp to fight Arnim Zola and his army of Hydra swarm bots in a thrilling new adventure.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! follows the opening of Iron Man Experience in 2017, consistently the top-rated attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland. When the resort’s multi-year expansion is complete in 2023, an entire Marvel-themed area will be open to guests. In the meantime, we’re buzzing in “ant”-icipation for what’s to come!

Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will appear! That is fantastic!

Shame on you RDJ.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Reclamation_Plan.jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	8565485

Our Hong Kong Foundation, a think tank set up by former HKCE Tung Chee-Hwa, suggests a huge reclamation project that will reclaim 2,200 hectare of land and build housing for 1.1 million people.

As you can see the planned reclamation area is directly in front of the HK Disney Resort. There will be new roads and rails to connect the area with HK Island, Kowloon and New Territories.

Anyway it is just a proposal, it is not confirmed and even if they confirm to do it, it will take at least 11 years for phase 1 to be completed.

Comment

• Guys,

Teaser of the upcoming Jungle Movie, seems like a fun cast for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOE9EcDVS68

Hopes are up for this to be the 2021 reimagined ride.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JCcast.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	8565609

Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                            Regarding the year 2021 Re-imagined ride which was planned for the expansions at HKDL :

I just discovered that with the addition of Frozen land and Marvel land, the total lands in HKDL will increase from 7 to 9.
                            Meaning that Tomorrow land will still be there EVEN after all the Marvel rides are completed in 2023.

So this might mean the following :

1/. Hyperspace mountain will remain untouched or still be re-imagined into something that could fit into the Tomorrow land theme, but definitely Non-Marvel.
                            I bet Hyperspace will remain untouched in this case, since it just had a makeover from Space mountain to Hyperspace Mountain.
                            Also during the official HKDL presentation, they only mentioned Iron Man Experience / Shield ride (buzz makeover)/ Avengers ride to be part of the Marvel Area.
                            If Hyperspace mountain and Orbitron were part of it, I think they would have happily impressed us with it from the beginning because this would make the area much larger and Tomorrow land will simply not exist anymore (which is not the case now)
                            So my bet is that Tomorrow land will still consist of Hyperspace / Orbitron and the Starliner Diner and Marvel Area will just be the area behind it with the 3 other rides.

2/. So you probably think that Winnie the Pooh will be re-imagined then in 2021. Since this is one of the rides untouched since HKDL opening and also because Shanghai and Tokyo has an even better version of it already. It could be, but I think with the New Castle hub's day and night shows and princess shop within the castle and Frozen Land, there is already a lot of new stuff for the Fantasy land area.

3/ So the only old ride we seem to be forgetting all the time is actually the biggest ride in HKDL in terms of size.. Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise will get its own movie, starting to film in spring of 2018 (meaning the script is already finalised), it would probably take 2 years before it gets released, meaning around 2020 earliest (perfect timing for 2021). The chances that the Jungle Cruise will get a makeover is huge, if you see all the expansions planned, Adventure land only gets a small Moana theatre in 2018. It is almost like they intentionally ignore it until it makes sense that the 2021 project will most likely be Jungle Cruise. Given that Dwayne Johnson (the rock) will film it we can probably be sure that it will be an action-adventure movie probably similar vibe to the Kong :Skull Island movie. Imagine how you can easily replace the existing animatronics with something bigger and scarier. It also makes sense since who is still impressed with the fake-life like animals/spiders nowadays, people are more interested in Dinosaurs or monsters. Add a water drop and grotto-cave finale (similar to Roaring Rapids in Shanghai) and it could probably even compete with the Jurrasic Park ride at Universal.
                            Btw the new Jungle Cruise movie has only been confirmed last month (April 2017), so this also explains why they had to keep it a secret when they announced the HKDL expansions last year in November 2016.

If you dig deeper in the internet you can even find the concept art of the Jungle Cruise makeover originally envisioned in 2012 here :
                            http://www.sasakitime.com/2012/03/br...sneylands.html

http://movieweb.com/jungle-cruise-mo...wayne-johnson/

(below pictures are from the above mentioned sites)

Imagine Marvel, Frozen and Jungle Cruise and a new Castle in the middle. This might explain why the expansions are so expensive and why Disney is so confident to reach the attendance of 9 million. HKDL will look like a completely new park.

What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version Name:	Jungle-Cruise-With-Dwayne-Johnson-Shooting-Starts-In-2018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	8509672

Click image for larger version Name:	FX_DINO_138_x.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	8509665Click image for larger version Name:	FX_DINO_140_x.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	8509666Click image for larger version Name:	FX_DINO_142_x.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	8509667Click image for larger version Name:	FX_DINO_139_x.jpg Views:	1 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	8509668
                            http://www.sasakitime.com/2012/03/br...sneylands.html

Roaring Rapids Shanghai
                            Click image for larger version Name:	RoaringRapidsShanghai.jpg Views:	3 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	8509709
                            Last edited by hakjie11; 08-07-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• 2018 HKDL Halloween Time!!! Jack Skellington and co are back!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post

2018 HKDL Halloween Time!!! Jack Skellington and co are back!!!
                                Jack has always been my favorite. I was quite disappointed when Jack was missing in the 2017 Halloween.
                                It is just very cool to see the huge Jack doll on top the entrance of the park. I think Jack deserves its own ride.

Comment

• https://hkmsg.blogspot.com/2018/08/180811.html

HKMSG posted photos of Frozen / Arendelle construction. Actually nothing to see just cranes, but is good to know that progress is being made at that site.

Comment

Working...
                                  X