No announcement yet.

What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKMSG uploaded a video on the HKDL castle works.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• Guys,

I have been to HKDL today, I went to Mickey's wondrous book show. It has been a month or 3 since I last watched this show.
      I quite like this show, its just done right with a few surprises. Today I noticed that one of the surprises were gone.
      I am talking about the Jungle Book part after monkey King Louie sang, there should be a girl pretending to be statue on his throne performing some acrobatic movements.
      Well....she disappeared. At first I thought maybe she is not working today and they had to change the show a bit, but I am afraid that part is gone forever since the monkey had clearly a lot more dancing and singing to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	acrobatic statue woman missing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	8568845

Did you guys notice it?

Comment

• Any construction updates on the castle? Did they start demolishing?

Comment

• Originally posted by areskins View Post
          Any construction updates on the castle? Did they start demolishing?
          They sure did. I mean not demolishing, but re-adjusting it.

https://www.facebook.com/mrbpage/pho...type=3&theater

Comment

• HK Chief Executive Carrie Lam announced plans for reclamation. The reclaimed islands will be in front of HK Disney Resort and all islands combined can accommodate about 1 million people.

Comment

• Carrie Lam's policy address also includes this on tourism:

123. Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park, as the two major theme parks in Hong Kong, have for years attracted many visitors locally and from around the world. We will continue to ensure that the two theme parks can enhance their attractiveness so as to draw more high value-added overnight visitors. The Government is closely monitoring the existing expansion plans of Hong Kong Disneyland and will explore whether there is room for its next-stage development. We will also continue to support Ocean Park in reviewing its strategic positioning and future development plan, with a view to bringing more comprehensive recreational experience to visitors.

It is kind of a repeat sentence from previous policy addresses. There is no substance and is basically just lip service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
                The Government is closely monitoring the existing expansion plans of Hong Kong Disneyland and will explore whether there is room for its next-stage development.
                Next stage development....prob not live long enough to see it completed....but I would really like to see 2nd Gate park announced, maybe something like FOX World since Disney and Fox will soon complete the deal.
                I am actually quite glad now that they didn't occupy the 2nd Gate land yet, I am quite sure HKDL will benefit something from the Fox-Disney deal.
                So many possibilities, even the imagineering team would be smiling when they get their hands on these IP's.
                Using the idiana jones vehicle and track designs for an Alien vs Predator themed attraction for example, that would be really exciting

Comment

• HK Disneyland 2019 entertainment offerings preview video.

It is confirmed in the video that Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle will open in March 2019.

Comment

• HKDL needs to start making money with the high speed train already running and the bridge opening in a few days.
                    The whole expansion was kinda based on the optimism of having more tourists with the infrastructure in place.
                    I bet they have expensive advertisement campaigns planned for the Greater Bay Area the coming months.

Comment

• As a Disney fan, and longtime former CM of Disneyland, my friend and I recently completed our tour of the world's Disney theme parks by visiting all of the parks in Asia. It is very hard to rank them as they are different and bring their own special qualities to the table. However, I thought that HKDL was, by far, the least impressive. And it really has nothing to do with the size of the park. Actually I find it to be a very beautiful location with a lot of potential. I was more surprised by the CMs themselves.
                      Now, granted, we visited for two days and the second day was better, but overall, the CMs weren't, in our opinion, as congenial or approachable as their counterparts in Shanghai and Tokyo. In the latter two parks, simply amazing CMs! So friendly. So attentive. Every one of them had a smile and greeting for you, even if they didn't speak our language. We were so impressed! For us, their demeanor and attention to detail would make Walt proud.
                      Obviously, Disney, in general, is very far removed from what Walt's philosophy as it now focuses on $ rather than personal guest experience. The magic seems more superficial now than heartfelt.
                      But we felt the Tokyo and Shanghai parks had a preponderance of smiles and personal attention that felt very old school Disney to us. It actually did feel special. We hope that continues!

Comment

Working...
                      X