What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://yp.scmp.com/entertainment/mu...nd-divide-tour

Ed Sheeran is returning to HK to perform at Hong Kong Disneyland for Divide Tour!

Ed Sheeran will perform two shows at Hong Kong Disneyland, on April 17 and 18. This is the second concert event at the open air venue which can hold 20,000 people.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• Disney Bob Iger said, "Results at our international operations were lower in the first quarter versus last year, as growth at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort was offset by lower results at Shanghai Disney Resort and Disneyland Paris."

So HKDL made some good money in the last quarter. I hope the resort will come out and announce a profit later this month. (The resort traditionally announces its financial results in Feb.) The Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Mega Bridge and High-Speed-Rail ought to have brought more visitors to the resort in the last quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
        Disney Bob Iger said, "Results at our international operations were lower in the first quarter versus last year, as growth at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort was offset by lower results at Shanghai Disney Resort and Disneyland Paris."

So HKDL made some good money in the last quarter. I hope the resort will come out and announce a profit later this month. (The resort traditionally announces its financial results in Feb.) The Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Mega Bridge and High-Speed-Rail ought to have brought more visitors to the resort in the last quarter.
        I think they are expecting a lot from these new routes, I went to HKDL last week just to find out I was blocked out as Gold member until 14 Feb. (starting on 2 Feb)
        I don't think I remember such a long block-out period for their loyal local Silver and Gold card members. But I hope it turns out positive. HKDL needs the visitors.

I am actually not that surprised that Shanghai isn't doing as well as expected. I can feel they were hiding a lot of bad news and only let the good news slip out internationally and occasionally some bad news slip out as well.
        If you google Shanghai Disney, you will be surprised you can't really find a lot about it besides the Grand Opening articles. Shanghai Disney is a local Disney park, it depends almost entirely on local Chinese visitors. Chinese visitors on average (at this moment) don't spend a lot on merchandises and food in the park. Shanghai Disney still have a long way to go to brainwash the first generation of Chinese visitors in its magic.

Comment

• https://topick.hket.com/article/2273...B8%B6%E6%8C%88

HKDR expects to announce better financial results due to 4 factors: higher gate receipts, higher hotel occupancy, higher consumer spending and lower depreciation. But due to the expenses on expansion, the resort is still expected to post a small loss.

Comment

Working...
          X