Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ice Cream store "Midtown Delights" set to open on Main Street on 18 Dec 2019.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post

New Ice Cream store "Midtown Delights" set to open on Main Street on 18 Dec 2019.
      Wow, that sign is hideous.
      :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
      Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

• Originally posted by manifest View Post

Wow, that sign is hideous.
        Yes, I agree.

Comment

• It is now open for business, photos thanks to HKMSG. Guests do not enter the shop and $48 is not cheap but they claim to use Hokkaido milk.

Comment

• Adding a street Ice Cream shop makes sense, every bit of sales for HKDL helps I guess.

45 is really expensive for Ice Cream on a cone, but considering those awful tasting Ice Cream sticks they are selling in the carts, this might be an improvement.

Comment

• Ocean Park Water Park

Nothing to do with HKDL. But I visited Ocean Park last Friday and took this picture of the Water Park under construction at Ocean Park. It looks like a lot of work is still needed before it will be ready... There are also rumours of construction problems... which is sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                Adding a street Ice Cream shop makes sense, every bit of sales for HKDL helps I guess.

45 is really expensive for Ice Cream on a cone, but considering those awful tasting Ice Cream sticks they are selling in the carts, this might be an improvement.
                I went to HKDL last Friday, tried those new Ice Creams. The mixed one (chocolate-milk) and the milk only.
                The milk one, you can taste a tiny little bit of hokkaido milk in it.
                The mixed one you can only taste chocolate, so don't bother to choose any variant of chocolate if you are after the hokkaido milk taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
                  Ocean Park Water Park

Nothing to do with HKDL. But I visited Ocean Park last Friday and took this picture of the Water Park under construction at Ocean Park. It looks like a lot of work is still needed before it will be ready... There are also rumours of construction problems... which is sad.
                  The difference with having an own imagineering team/trusted contractor vs an outside engineering and a 1 time contractor.
                  Also due to the forecast of lacking visitors, I don't think it will speed up, it might in fact be further and further delayed and probably cut corners.
                  Too bad, I was really looking forward to this as well.

Comment

• Just a few thoughts for HKDL that I wanted to write down, no truths in any of them just my personal thinking or beliefs.

1. Castle of Magical Dreams opening this Spring, I think and hope it will open before Easter and Labour Day holidays. The stage shows that come with it though, maybe reserved for the 15th Anniversary celebrations in September.

2. Re-imagined ride for 2021 must be announced soon. I still believe it is Hyperspace/Space Mountain. Two reasons:

A. The Star Wars license HKDL has with Lucasfilm is said to be for 5 years and it will expire by 2021.
                    B. With Marvel basically taking over TL, I think it will be re-themed to Guardians of the Galaxy. There was a rumour that GotG Mission Breakout would come to HKDL in place of the Avengers E-ticket but I think that's only half right. I think what will happen is GotG will be the new theme for Space Mountain. EPCOT is building a new indoor coaster GotG Cosmic Rewind, I think some elements of the Cosmic Rewind will be used for HKDL's Space Mountain re-theme.

3. Obitron will very likely receive a Marvel theme as well to complete the set. But I do wonder what will happen to Star Wars Command Post and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. I really hope Star Wars Command Post can revert back to the Stitch Encounter type show, maybe a Rocket Racoon and Groot encounter?

4. Arendelle, World of Frozen: Will they open Frozen Ever After first in 2021 and Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs to open a few months later, similar to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge?

5. HKDL and DCA will have the same Avengers E-ticket. I never doubted that.

Comment

• Just exchanging some thoughts of my own :

Hyperspace :
                      Hyperspace will indeed leave in the US park. it is already happening in the US, the Star Wars theme has been removed but they are going back to the original Space Mountain theme.
                      (I think because both US parks already have their own Star Wars Galaxy Edge)
                      I hope we will indeed get a different theme preferably Marvel. But there is still chance Tomorrow Land still exist and they might go back to Space Mountain Theme again or they simply extend the Star Wars license (which they could easily). Because according to government papers " Upon the completion of the expansion and development plan, the total number of themed areas in HKDL will increase from 7 to 9, and the total number of attractions will increase from about 110 to over 130." https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...6112200477.htm
                      So they add 2 new areas (Frozen and Marvel), but if they remove the entire Tomorrow Land theme they would need to add 3 areas instead to come to mentioned total of 9 different areas.

Marvel E-ticket 2023:
                      The chances of a newly build Gotg Tower of Terror ride based on the DCA ride is really possible for HKDL.
                      The new E-ticket Quinjet/jetpack ride was announced for 2 parks already (DCA and Walt Disney Studio's Paris) so they have 2 parks sharing the design costs already.
                      Paris Disney's tower of terror didn't get the Gotg theme when it was refurbished and reopened just 2 months ago. https://attractionsmagazine.com/towe...neyland-paris/
                      Therefore the chances of the Paris one and Tokyo Sea (no marvel area) one being rethemed into Gotg in the nearby future is very very small.
                      Remember the Frozen ride they re-imagined from some other ride in the US and a new variant of this is currently being build in HK? Well, they might use the same strategy again.
                      We could get a new variant of the Gotg Tower with some additional touches since it is completely build from the ground up just like our Frozen ride. This way they have another park to share the development expenses of DCA's Gotg tower and like I said before all they mentioned in the Legco papers are " 2023 E-ticket Marvel ride" with no specific and... sigh...this Gotg Tower in DCA is indeed an E-ticket ride.
                      An other thing might happen : They might not be using the entire land reserved for Marvel by 2023.
                      A recent picture of the construction update on the Marvel area only shows the preparation of the land next to Iron Man with the other side (behind Hyperspace) completely untouched.
                      If this land on the left side of Iron Man is the future Gotg tower : The structure of Gotg (or the original Tower of Terror) consists of a medium tall show/queuing building in the front and the very tall elevator towers behind it. This "type" of construction is exactly what HKDL has in its original Marvel area concept art. They could simply use the roof of the show/queuing building for any elevated public accessible platforms where they could place any Marvel aircraft.
                      Last edited by hakjie11; 01-02-2020, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• I beg to differ. WDW News Today reports that HKDL and DCA will have the same Avengers E-ticket. WDWNT even added that “All of this information has been confirmed by internal documents at this point, so none of the above is much of a rumor.”

I do remind you that WDWNT also foretold that HKDL would get a new castle. By the way I don't know where you read it from, but Paris is not confirmed to get the Avengers E-ticket. Paris is also not getting SWGE's Smugglers' Run but they will get Rise of the Resistance.

This darn editor would not allow me to post the link properly, you'll need to add wdwnt . com in front of 2018/10 for the link to work.
                        https:///2018/10/breaking-f...eyland-resort/
                        Last edited by Asa; 01-04-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• yes my mistake, Paris is indeed not getting the Quinjet/jetpack ride.

As much as I want HKDL to have the best attractions, I do think the original plans might have changed quite a bit in the meantime for HKDL due to known circumstances.
                          In fact, if the expansion wasn't approved a few years ago and they still needed legco approval for half of the funding today, Disney would most likely postpone any hk expansion plans.
                          The rumors of a Gotg tower for HKDL only surfaced a few months ago and they didn't announce the Quinjet/Jetpack ride for HKDL during D23 when they did announce it for DCA.
                          Let's hope they kept the good news for later.

Comment

• By the way, the proposed Kaleido Park plan has been withdrawn. The second phase land will be idle again...

Comment

• Guys,

I was just thinking IF (just IF) WDC gave up on the 2nd Phase land and just efficiently used it existing Phase 1 land (use the reserved Downtown Area land).
                              There is really a lot of land, so much that it could be used for another 15 years I would say.
                              That is enough land for another 3-4 Frozen land expansions. Of course it is not the most ideal placement, but it is do-able especially in that corner.
                              So instead of 2 separate parks, HKDL could go for 1 huge park.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Phase1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	8610441
                              Last edited by hakjie11; 01-11-2020, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• closed......who would have thought.

Comment

• What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Closure

(Just like you said Laferny)
                                  MY SIGNATURE:
                                  Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

• People dying around the world due to the virus and some people seem to only focus on the temporarily closure needed to prevent the spread of the disease.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X