Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mightyduck View Post
    This just a WOW! And I couldnt wait for Arendelle
    I couldnt wait for Arandelle too!!!!! When I knew that it would one of HKDL' s attraction, I said to myself that I would be there every week just to admire and be mesmerized by Arandelle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukie Norman View Post

I couldnt wait for Arandelle too!!!!! When I knew that it would one of HKDL' s attraction, I said to myself that I would be there every week just to admire and be mesmerized by Arandelle.
      We all looking forward to Arendelle but D23 haven't mentioned it Every Upcoming Disney Parks Attraction We Can’t Wait to See in 2021...
      http://eleburic.com/4JmZ

There is a rumor that Arendelle will delay due to the COVID-19. Hope there will be more information when HKDL announce performance in Feb

Comment

• Is that Arandelle of Disney's Frozen? Wow that would be grand!!!

Comment

• Frozen Themed Area Construction Update by HKMSG
          Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
          Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
          Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
          Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...ity/index.html

Hong Kong Disneyland's new castle is an architectural vision of diversity by Elissaveta Brandon of CNN

Comment

• We are in April 2021. The expansion project is more than half completed. But nobody knows what the "2021 Reimagining Project" is??? Why aren't we getting any news?

1. Moana A Homecoming Celebration - Completed
              2. Antman and the Wasp: Nano Battle - Completed
              3. Castle of Magical Dreams - Completed (Day and Night time shows still to debut)
              4. Arendelle - World of Frozen - Under construction
              5. Reimagining project - ???
              6. Avengers Quinjet Adventure???

Comment

• Maybe things are slowing down because of the on going pandemic. Maybe they are waiting for the vaccines to be successfully rolled out before continuing engaging in their construction. Also, funds might have been tight since no operations for some months last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukie Norman View Post
                  Maybe things are slowing down because of the on going pandemic. Maybe they are waiting for the vaccines to be successfully rolled out before continuing engaging in their construction. Also, funds might have been tight since no operations for some months last year.
                  But what I heard was that HKDL's Star Wars license will expire in May.

I guess the simple thing to do will be to revert Hyperspace Mountain back to good old Space Mountain. But I wonder what they will do with the merchandise.

Another possibility will be to extend the license, using the shutdown periods as the excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post

I guess the simple thing to do will be to revert Hyperspace Mountain back to good old Space Mountain. But I wonder what they will do with the merchandise.

Another possibility will be to extend the license, using the shutdown periods as the excuse.
                    yeah..probably they would waive the expiry since it is still pandemic.

Comment

Oh! I haven't read that news. In that case, let's just wait and see.. The Old Space Mountain is okay though..

Comment

• https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-slow-recovery

Hong Kong Disneyland preparing for slow recovery despite travel bubble hopes, managing director says

The park has recently focused on the local market, and was fully booked for a few days around Easter, managing director Michael Moriarty says

While the travel bubble deal with Singapore has revived hopes for the return of international tourism, he adds, ‘from what I understand, it’s going to start off slowly’

Kathleen Magramo

Hong Kong Disneyland expects that its business and the city’s tourism sector as a whole are in for a slow recovery, even with a much-awaited travel bubble with Singapore due to be relaunched in May.

Michael Moriarty, Hong Kong Disneyland’s managing director, made the prediction in a meeting with members of the press on Thursday, his first since taking over the leadership role in December.

“It’s a sign that tourism and business travel back to Hong Kong and between Singapore [and the city] is returning,” he said of the bubble, which is expected to kick off on May 26.
                        “That being said, from what I understand, it’s going to start off slowly.”

“Safety remains a priority, and because of that, it will take some time for the volume to really pick up,” he added.

Travel restrictions brought on by the coronavirus pandemic caused Hong Kong’s visitor arrivals to plummet nearly 94 per cent year on year in 2020. Disneyland was hit hard by the dearth of tourists, as mainland Chinese guests made up roughly 30 to 35 per cent of total park visitors over the past five years, while international guests mainly from elsewhere in Asia accounted for about a quarter.

With the travel bubble weeks away – and still able to be derailed by a spike in cases – Disneyland has recently focused on the local market, with admissions driven by its Magic Access Annual Pass customers, along with ticket discounts and staycation deals.

“Since our park reopened in February, it’s been extremely touching to see so many happy faces, including different generations and nationalities coming together to have a great time,” Moriarty said.

During the Easter holidays in early April, Disneyland opened for eight consecutive days – it has been closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the reopening stage – with park reservations fully booked for part of that time, according to Moriarty. The resort has also attracted the highest number of local non-annual pass holders in a decade, he said.

Disneyland declined to reveal exact park admission figures after facing three rounds of closures amid the coronavirus pandemic. However, the local market represented only about 41 per cent of park attendance between October 2018 and September 2019, according to official documents submitted to the Legislative Council.

Moriarty also noted that the park had to balance multiple government-imposed anti-pandemic measures. For instance, he said, while the city’s theme parks were allowed to operate at 75 per cent of their normal capacity, their restaurants could only be half full.

Catering establishments at Disneyland are currently sticking to the social-distancing status quo, capping the number of people per table at four, and giving diners the option of either using the government’s “Leave Home Safe” risk-exposure app or logging their contact details in the resort’s own system. Banquets at its three hotels in Hong Kong will be capped at 20 guests.

Vaccination is voluntary for Disneyland staff and cast members, and Moriarty stressed that management did not keep a tally of how many had their jabs. He added that the resort allowed for flexible work arrangements for those with vaccination appointments, and also complied with the government’s condition of testing staff members for Covid-19 every 14 days.

The resort will stick to its current schedule of closing on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the time being, but it will remain open on May 19 for the Buddha’s Birthday public holiday.

Moriarty, formerly of US toy giant Hasbro, served as Hong Kong Disneyland’s chief financial officer from 2009 to 2012. He returned as the park’s sixth managing director, succeeding Stephanie Young, at the end of last December.

He will oversee the opening of a new Frozen-themed attraction at the resort, while also aiming to bring back the daytime show at the park’s iconic Castle of Magical Dreams this summer.

The castle is the park’s flagship attraction, and was unveiled in November as part of the park’s HK$10.9 billion (US$1.38 billion) expansion plan, which runs to 2023.

The Hong Kong government holds a 53 per cent stake in the park through the joint-venture Hongkong International Theme Parks with Walt Disney.

The resort has made a profit in only three of its 15 years. Park attendance was down 4 per cent annually in the October 2018 to September 2019 financial year with about 6.5 million visitors. Its net loss of HK$105 million that year marked the fifth consecutive year in the red.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E0cCAtnUYAQYMrC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	8637673

New Castle daytime stage show, “Follow your Dreams”, will debut in summer this year, combining with pyrotechnics and fountain effects. (source: HKDL Fantasy)

Comment

• Wow! Stunning! I wish I can watch it live together with my family. Though, I'm unsure because of the covid cases.

Comment

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-slow-recovery

Hong Kong Disneyland preparing for slow recovery despite travel bubble hopes, managing director says

The park has recently focused on the local market, and was fully booked for a few days around Easter, managing director Michael Moriarty says

While the travel bubble deal with Singapore has revived hopes for the return of international tourism, he adds, ‘from what I understand, it’s going to start off slowly’

Kathleen Magramo

Hong Kong Disneyland expects that its business and the city’s tourism sector as a whole are in for a slow recovery, even with a much-awaited travel bubble with Singapore due to be relaunched in May.

Michael Moriarty, Hong Kong Disneyland’s managing director, made the prediction in a meeting with members of the press on Thursday, his first since taking over the leadership role in December.

“It’s a sign that tourism and business travel back to Hong Kong and between Singapore [and the city] is returning,” he said of the bubble, which is expected to kick off on May 26.
                              “That being said, from what I understand, it’s going to start off slowly.”

“Safety remains a priority, and because of that, it will take some time for the volume to really pick up,” he added.

Um that travel bubble burst again, would not rely on the bubble. Stick with the local market or look at reopening the border with mainland china, its got low infections (way lower than Singapore at this time. HK had several days of zero day local infections as we speak). Meanwhile Singapore is trying to gain the upper hand, while their cases are rising. That's why Singapore is cancelling the travel bubble.

Comment

• A Frozen Concert: From Arendelle and Beyond

The special concert reserved exclusively for Disney Magic Pass members. The show only performs at the weekends between 15 - 30 May at the Pavilion. The full show is now online courtesy of HKMSG.

Comment

• https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...orst-ever-hk27

Hong Kong Disneyland records worst-ever HK$2.7 billion loss amid coronavirus pandemic, marking sixth straight year in the red

Despite the downturn, the resort has pressed ahead with a HK$10.9 billion (US$1.38 billion) expansion drive that will continue through 2023. The flagship Castle of Magical Dreams was unveiled in November last year, and a new attraction based on the film Frozen is slated to open this year.

================================================== ================================================== ====================

So the expansion plans are still in progress and Arendelle is set to open this year. What a relief.

Comment

• https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ses-to-nowhere

Edward Yau told lawmakers yesterday it would be difficult for the administration to set benchmarks for Hong Kong Disneyland to control costs, after the park reported a record high loss of HK$2.66 billion in the last financial year.

Yau urged legislators to understand the park's difficulties as the pandemic situation in Hong Kong is volatile and the park could not foresee when it can reopen after being shut down three times since January.

He also said the park does not need more taxpayer funding.

In the Chinese press it is reported Yau said the expansion funds cannot be used for the resort's operation costs unless it has been approved by LegCo.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/hkdlfantasy/stat...70509670748160

“Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” and “Star Wars: Command Post” at “Star Wars™: Tomorrowland Takeover” completed their missions today. I suppose Hyperspace Mountain will go as well.

As reported earlier, Star Wars theming disappeared from HKDL from 1 June. But there is no talk of any replacement theming. Jedi Temple will probably be de-constructed along with the Autopia track, as they are in the way of the forthcoming Marvel ride.

Comment

https://twitter.com/hkdlfantasy/stat...70509670748160

“Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” and “Star Wars: Command Post” at “Star Wars™: Tomorrowland Takeover” completed their missions today. I suppose Hyperspace Mountain will go as well.

As reported earlier, Star Wars theming disappeared from HKDL from 1 June. But there is no talk of any replacement theming. Jedi Temple will probably be de-constructed along with the Autopia track, as they are in the way of the forthcoming Marvel ride.
                                        I consider myself lucky that I saw the Star Wars takeover of Tomorrowland during Easter holidays before before it was gone!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	195786128_1928503513964895_1903371420460453464_n.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AhwJHZlXMqkAX_vq6c7&tn=eGFfsBY6cff-cB7b&_nc_ht=scontent.fhkg1-1.fna&oh=6b8bc0e2741b55ead21a4d55761969b0&oe=60E5B9C2.png
Views:	71
Size:	631.3 KB
ID:	8639722

Some fans who went to Avengers Campus notices this prop. Stark Expo is what we have in HKDL. But WEB Hong Kong? Could it be a hint that WEB will be headed to Hong Kong?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X