Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

What's next for Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grizzlyhead View Post
    That's actually theJumanji remake not the new Jungle Cruise movie which I believe hasn't started shooting yet but I understand the confusion both movies are about "The Rock" in a jungle environment.
    Thanks for your reminder
    It really makes me confuse!
    Similar theme, Some 'Rock'
    Really looking forward to the new Jungle Cruise movie

Comment

• Originally posted by John1023 View Post

Thanks for your reminder
      It really makes me confuse!
      Similar theme, Some 'Rock'
      Really looking forward to the new Jungle Cruise movie
      Yeah, the Jumanji movie is a bit more comedy I think. I hope The Jungle Cruise is closer to the Skull Island movie (more action and thrills).

Comment

• Yo guys,

A Disney fan discovered that HK Disney might be secretly preparing works for Gate 2 land.
        See link :

http://www.themeparx.com/hong-kong-d...and-expansion/

A certain Carly SX compared Google map pictures of last year 2016 with this year 2017, and guess what... indeed something is going on in Gate 2 land.
        You can see all the trees removed and a specific part of the land more "prepared" compared to the rest.

Could it be preparation works of Star Wars land? Just guessing, since the shape of that particular part looks a bit like the leaked construction plans of Star Wars land in the US.
        Would it be possible that WDC is coming out with all of its valuable assets to make sure it doesn't miss its attendance target in order to secure the Gate 2 land purchasing rights?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gate2..JPG Views:	1 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	8522543
        Last edited by hakjie11; 07-12-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I discovered something else.
          According to this paper :
          http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr99-00/engl...pers/brief.pdf

The last 3 pages Annex D of it (page 45-47), describes what the agreed developments are for each Gate/Phase.

So far, HKDL has really followed the basic agreement requirements for Phase 1.
          What is interesting is the RD&E area of 18200 sqm (Retail, Dining and Entertainment area) , which is actually a requirement and is part of Phase 1 expansion.
          Meaning that HKDL must normally build it first before they can buy and develop Gate 2 land if the attendance figures are met for whole of Gate 1.
          So we might be seeing a "Downtown area" sooner then we think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Basic.JPG Views:	1 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	8522721

The basic agreement also stipulates that Gate 1 "must" feature themed areas such as “Main Street,” “Adventureland,” “Fantasyland,” “Frontierland” and “Tomorrowland” or similar lands.
          I think this is the reason why "Tomorrowland" name still exist after the Marvel Expansion, just because it must have these wordings in order to fulfill the contractual requirements.
          Last edited by hakjie11; 07-12-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
            Yo guys,

A Disney fan discovered that HK Disney might be secretly preparing works for Gate 2 land.
            See link :

http://www.themeparx.com/hong-kong-d...and-expansion/

A certain Carly SX compared Google map pictures of last year 2016 with this year 2017, and guess what... indeed something is going on in Gate 2 land.
            You can see all the trees removed and a specific part of the land more "prepared" compared to the rest.

Could it be preparation works of Star Wars land? Just guessing, since the shape of that particular part looks a bit like the leaked construction plans of Star Wars land in the US.
            Would it be possible that WDC is coming out with all of its valuable assets to make sure it doesn't miss its attendance target in order to secure the Gate 2 land purchasing rights?

Click image for larger version Name:	Gate2..JPG Views:	1 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	8522543
            Even the land reserved for Phase 2 development, it still owned by the Hong Kong Government since WDC not yet purchase the land.
            I think those works are not related to the Phase 2 development

Comment

• Hopefully we'll hear some HKD announcements this weekend although it'd honestly be out of left field if they announced a third park.

Comment

• Originally posted by John1023 View Post

Even the land reserved for Phase 2 development, it still owned by the Hong Kong Government since WDC not yet purchase the land.
                I think those works are not related to the Phase 2 development
                This is true, Government of course still own the Gate 2 land entirely, but it doesn't prevent Disney to request preparation works to be done for a specific part of the land first to match a certain development timeline or park layout if the costs would be the same . All the new expansions in Gate 1 indicates that Disney is fixing it and still desiring to purchase Gate 2 land in the future.

Ofcourse it is all too good to be true.
                Last edited by hakjie11; 07-13-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• ^ I took a look at Google Maps' street view and see that there is a small entrance at the end of Fantasy Road to this construction site; there was even a construction worker walking towards the entrance. There is a sign outside the entrance but it's too blur to read.

I remember hearing from the then Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development mentioning it at the financial committee when seeking the current expansion funding, that the phase 2 land takes couple years alone for land leveling (and thus not part of the current expansion plan.) So is the government doing the land leveling now just to speed up the potential gate 2?

Comment

• Guys,

I just been to Tokyo Disney Sea to try the new Nemo ride (previously Storm Riders).
                    I gotta say that I am very unimpressed. I didn't have expectation at all, but this is close to disappointing.
                    Not a single moment was I surprised or immersed into Nemo's world. It's really like watching a big screen 3 minute Nemo movie. (No 3D effect or whatsoever just like Stormriders). I thought they would add some 3D effects to it.
                    In comparison, Iron Man Experience is far better in every way.

I also had a chance to re-ride Toy Story Mania, after several years it didn't really age that well I have to say.
                    Its still fun, but the screens are grainy and low res and it really shows. Maybe some 4K displays would help it.

Comment

• Hey guys
                      D23 Expo just started!
                      Anyone visiting the Expo now? If yes, please share the information related to Hong Kong Disneyland
                      So far I still can't find any information about Hong Kong Disneyland in D23 from internet

Comment

• I didn't see any HKDL related info. Maybe they held back all the info of other parks on purpose this time, because anything else non-Star Wars would not have gotten the attention it deserved.
                        The Star Wars land is just phenomenal, every other expansion would just pale in comparison with it.

Hope someday we get just the same size Star Wars land in Hong Kong. I actually think Star Wars & Marvel will be in every park in the future, I think it will become an usual land just like Adventure land/ Tomorrowland/ Fantasy land.... I don't think any park would be left without it. It would be crazy for Disney not to include such important IPs. Of course the size of the expansion and the attractions within it could be different for each park.

Btw there is a photo of the Ride Vehicle of First Order attraction. Since the HK Marvel ride in 2023 was rumored to use the same sort of technology, we might be sitting in the same type of vehicle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43297.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	8523442
                        Last edited by hakjie11; 07-15-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• It seems that there is nothing related to Hong Kong Disneyland from D23 Expo

Comment

• Maybe we need to wait for the Feb2018 D23 Japan.
                            Btw, the Star Wars themed hotel sounds awesome.
                            http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-to-o...d23-expo-2017/

Comment

• I think it is quite fair that US fans get all these new rides and attractions. I can understand that Disney needs to refocus on US again after building Shanghai and giving Tokyo and Hong Kong new expansions. US fans must have felt left behind the last few years.

Btw Paris is getting one of their existing hotel reimagined into a Marvel one.
                              The style is definitely more high end then what I imagined, but definitely a logic one. Maybe we can expect the same for our Hollywood hotel?
                              http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/0...neyland-paris/

Click image for larger version  Name:	MarvelHotelParis.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	8523940
                              Last edited by hakjie11; 07-16-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakjie11 View Post
                                I didn't see any HKDL related info. Maybe they held back all the info of other parks on purpose this time, because anything else non-Star Wars would not have gotten the attention it deserved.
                                The Star Wars land is just phenomenal, every other expansion would just pale in comparison with it.

Hope someday we get just the same size Star Wars land in Hong Kong. I actually think Star Wars & Marvel will be in every park in the future, I think it will become an usual land just like Adventure land/ Tomorrowland/ Fantasy land.... I don't think any park would be left without it. It would be crazy for Disney not to include such important IPs. Of course the size of the expansion and the attractions within it could be different for each park.

Btw there is a photo of the Ride Vehicle of First Order attraction. Since the HK Marvel ride in 2023 was rumored to use the same sort of technology, we might be sitting in the same type of vehicle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43297.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	8523442
                                Marvel, all about Marvel xD
                                All the Disneyland will own at least one Marvel-themed attraction
                                Just hope that there will be some different between all of them

Just want to know where you know that the Marvel ride in HK will use the same system as First Order attraction?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X