This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: today's IASW

Great photos Bennettshiu. I am having HKDL detox symptoms, since I have not been to the park for over a year, and won't be able to make it there for the christmas holidays either. I see they have opened a portion of the walkway into the attraction, just short of the railroad bridge. How nice everything looks, and the night light show is... FAB!

Comment

I'm so sorry you can't come this Christmas~ the special glasses distributed makes everything at night more elegant!!

someone has recorded the video with the glasses, you can see the spectacular Disney in the Star which you've never seen before. and now I am still asking for permission to post the link here.
      Last edited by bennettshiu; 11-23-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
        That's probably due to the pollution in the air.
        Southern California isn't exactly smog free but the sun still comes out for Disneyland regularly. Hell, even LA looked good today as the wind pushed the smog away. You could actually clearly see downtown and the mountains behind it from miles away.

Is the pollution really that much worse at Hong Kong Disneyland?

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
          Southern California isn't exactly smog free but the sun still comes out for Disneyland regularly. Hell, even LA looked good today as the wind pushed the smog away. You could actually clearly see downtown and the mountains behind it from miles away.

Is the pollution really that much worse at Hong Kong Disneyland?
          Can't speak for Hong Kong Disneyland, but Hong Kong was pretty bad when I visited many years ago. I can only assume it's gotten worse.
          Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

the government is going to carry out regulations to lessen the air pollution.
            the weather is fine today, I can see the blue sky out there. you may not believe but I can show these pics which I took last Friday. (and the blue is exactly the same right now up in the sky)

Last edited by bennettshiu; 11-23-2007, 10:12 PM.

Comment

ORWEN: We hope you know how much us Cauldron girls really like your pictures, bennettshiu, duckling! We hope you'll keep them coming, too!

ORDDU: Indeed! I assume you have an annual pass to the park over there?

ORWEN: By the way, it really does look like It's a Small World in Hong Kong has the best color scheme of all. I mean, Gold and white is okay. But I really like the pastels much better. When Disneyland went back to the gold and white it was a step backwards, in my opinion. I think they only did it to be nostalgic for Disneyland's 50th. But the multi-colored look seems to be more appropriate, overall, and just looks prettier.

ORGOCH: Got singin' dolls?

Comment

Originally posted by bennettshiu View Post
                I'm so sorry you can't come this Christmas~ the special glasses distributed makes everything at night more elegant!!

someone has recorded the video with the glasses, you can see the spectacular Disney in the Star which you've never seen before. and now I am still asking for permission to post the link here.
                WEll, I have seen "Disney in the Stars" dozens of times but does wearing the glasses makes that much a difference? ..and how? They gave out glasses at TDL several years ago, and also during the Osborne lights at MGM (DHS soon) but I honestly prefer to view the displays without them. Wondering how much different HKDL's glasses would be to those.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  WEll, I have seen "Disney in the Stars" dozens of times but does wearing the glasses makes that much a difference? ..and how? They gave out glasses at TDL several years ago, and also during the Osborne lights at MGM (DHS soon) but I honestly prefer to view the displays without them. Wondering how much different HKDL's glasses would be to those.
                  not so different I think.....you'll be the judge!
                  part 1 & 2
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbt7szht3Yc
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IVXAmzprPs
                  recorded by kelvinssea

Comment

very nice pics. that small world does look great though! but i do prefer the white and gold myself.

Comment

I agree 100% with Witches of Morva

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        ORWEN: By the way, it really does look like It's a Small World in Hong Kong has the best color scheme of all. I mean, Gold and white is okay. But I really like the pastels much better. When Disneyland went back to the gold and white it was a step backwards, in my opinion. I think they only did it to be nostalgic for Disneyland's 50th. But the multi-colored look seems to be more appropriate, overall, and just looks prettier.
                        I can see why you prefer the pastels, but why is Hong Kong's your favorite? Tokyo's has a near identical paint scheme, along with Paris.

Comment

part 1 & 2
                          recorded by kelvinssea
                          OMFG!!!! FABULOUS!!! :thumbup: Now I am really pissed I am not going to HKDL this christmas....

Comment

part 1 & 2
                            recorded by kelvinssea
                            Good to see them incorporate the Castle lights at the end of the fireworks.

I love the snowflake effect! Would be fun to keep the glasses and look at other things once you leave the park too, I like HKDL's intiative here.

The castle lighting show is short and sweet which is good because there is only so much you can do to light a castle before it gets boring. What I'm really impressed with is Mickey's podium which appears to only there for the show. The worst thing about the Lunar New Year and New Year's Eve was that ugly stage they built in front of the castle that was only beneficial during the show but ruined the view and access for the rest of the day!
                            Upcoming Trips:
                            Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

Originally posted by V1213 View Post
                              Would be fun to keep the glasses and look at other things once you leave the park too, I like HKDL's intiative here.
                              you're right~ actually you can creat a gallery just because of the glasses.

photos above are snapped by [email protected] and here's snapped by ivan1217

sorry Lommis for not sending you any pics as I didn't take any~ Mickey20d is gonna send you his!

Comment

and here's another effect of "Snowman" glasses, also recorded by kelvinssea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4WkhFfZ7PA
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTZrBs-GbFY

Comment

I took mine home with me. Wow! I love them. All the way back to the house, I looked out the window at everything with them. My christmas tree is especially lovely. Excellent glasses!

Comment

No clock?

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                                      No clock?
                                      It's not finished yet but it looks like there's room for a clock. I can't imagine small world without the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                                        It's not finished yet but it looks like there's room for a clock. I can't imagine small world without the clock.
                                        Disneyland Paris' version has this weird half moon-half sun face instead of the smiling clock.

Comment

I still have the glasses they gave out at TDL a few years ago. Same effect for the most part.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X