This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is HKDL 'Enchanted' Yet?

ORWEN: Greetings to all the wonderful Peking Ducks in Hong Kong Disneyland!!! Us Cauldron girls were just wondering if any of you out there might know if the characters from ENCHANTED have been seen doing meetings and greetings at the park over there, yet? The movie was so sweet and remarkable that we hope everyone there gets the chance to meet Giselle, too! If anybody has pictures to show off, please feel free to share. All pictures on other Hong Kong Disneyland have been s-o-o-o-o-o-o muchly appreciated!!!!

Re: Is HKDL 'Enchanted' Yet?

HKDL has been an enchanting park since it opened IMHO.

Comment

the movie is not open over there yet so it would be hard to have face characters already out and about in the park. it's not even scheduled to be released in china yet, though it's earmarked for feb 2008 in taiwan.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

ORWEN: That's interesting to know, malice, duckling. Of course I hate the idea of the Asian people being deprived or delayed from seeing such a wonderful movie. February 2008 is just too long, if you ask me. As for you, TDLFAN duckling, the next time I see you I'm going to enchant you with a good, sound spanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
          As for you, TDLFAN duckling, the next time I see you I'm going to enchant you with a good, sound spanking.
          Oh Orwen.. you tease! :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
            ORWEN: That's interesting to know, malice, duckling. Of course I hate the idea of the Asian people being deprived or delayed from seeing such a wonderful movie. February 2008 is just too long, if you ask me.

I don't think they've been deprived, I saw bootleg copies of it in Shenzhen last week!

Comment

ORWEN: Oh! So you're saying the Asian people over there have access to a lot of crystal balls just like us Cauldron girls do? Such balls can be very hard to come by, Katsmom, duckling. They should consider themselves very lucky to have such an edge over most other ducklings...
              Last edited by Witches of Morva; 11-26-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

You can buy a copy of the DVD from a guy on Main Street if you know which corner to wait at.

Comment

Hong Kong will officially be Enchanted on Wednesday. The movie will show in theaters across the city on New Years Eve. Some of us lucky fools were able to see a sneek preview today. What a neat movie.
                  Why does it take so long for a flick to come over here? The original post on this was before Thanksgiving. Way too long if you ask me. No wonder we were able to get copies of it from that "guy on the corner of Main street"

On another note, Has "the magic gourd" shown in the states yet? I've been trying to find a copy and can't seem to get one anywhere. It's as ellusive as Song of the South.

Comment

ORWEN: I've never heard of THE MAGIC GOURD before, Katsmom, duckling. But thank you for letting us all know that Hong Kong Disneyland is about to become 'enchanted'. If you happen to see Giselle out and about at the park, would you mind contacting Loomis' Chief Spy about getting a picture of her up for his site? Hugs and kisses from us Cauldron girls!!!

Comment

Katsmom... are you going to see the big fireworks show over Victoria Harbour on the 8th??

Comment

Unfortunately no, that is the night we have to have dinner with the older relatives whose house is so stuffed full of moth balls that I end up in the hospital every year. It's a CNY tradition. Eat some peasant dish, get a headache from the mahjong (without the benefit of alcohol I might add) and go to hospital to get shots for allergy attacks.

I would much rather be at the fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsmom View Post
                          Hong Kong will officially be Enchanted on Wednesday. The movie will show in theaters across the city on New Years Eve. Some of us lucky fools were able to see a sneek preview today. What a neat movie.
                          Why does it take so long for a flick to come over here? The original post on this was before Thanksgiving. Way too long if you ask me. No wonder we were able to get copies of it from that "guy on the corner of Main street"
                          Because of movie pirating, Hollywood has been giving simultaneous world wide releases for their blockbuster movies. Spiderman 3, Matrix 3, I think the last Harry Potter films. It has actually worked well and has the side benefit of critic proofing the films since bad press or bad word of mouth has no effect if everyone in the world see's the film in the first two weekends.

I imagine because of the expense and the gamble that only the really big films will be released this way, so for everything else you are stuck waiting for it to make it's way across the atlantic... though I have noticed that you in Hong Kong tend to get films a little faster than other European and Asian countries, so who knows why you had the hold up for Enchanted.

- Anatole

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X