Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nov. 20th. HKDL kicks off reopening the castle

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nov. 20th. HKDL kicks off reopening the castle

    Read it here from HK standard. Correction Nov 21st for its 15th anniversary.
    The full link is here:Click the quoted linked above.
    Last edited by mclubber; 11-02-2020, 05:56 PM.

  • #2
    The link is here: https://www.thestandard.com.hk/section-news/section/11/224377/Disney-castle-to-reopen-gates

    Click image for larger version

Name:	_2020110213294091390.png
Views:	289
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	8628529
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

    Comment


    • #3
      In case you cannot come to see the inauguration of the castle due to coronavirus restrictions on travel. Here is the video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpOgxLjDoQ

      Comment


      • #4


        Night time walkthrough Castle of Magical Dreams.
        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

        Comment


        • #5
          Being negative isn’t normally my stance in the forums, but I have to admit that I don’t find the modification to the HKDL castle very attractive or imaginative at all.

          The original castle is still visibly there and it looks like they simply bolted on additional towers (even the construction videos make that plainly obvious) and as a result call it a new castle.

          This is a lazy effort by WDI and IMO, they should have completely tore down the castle and replaced it with something entirely different. I would have been more impressed if they had used an idea that is more reflective of historical Chinese architecture to go along with the theme Iger used for Shanghai: “authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese”.

          Maybe i’m just being picky, but this makes it less likely that i’ll ever make any effort to visit this park.
          Mike_M

          Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

          1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
          1990, 1992, 1993

          2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019
          2020

          Comment


          • #6
            Somewhere Aurora is chewing out the company for making her share her Hong Kong residence with the other Princesses The nerve!!!

            It's not like Aurora has others residences in California and Paris. Oh wait.....

            Comment


            • #7


              Castle of Magical Dreams Complete Walkthrough Tour by HKDL Fantasy.

              I think the new castle looks great, a big improvement over the old one. Now let's wait and see what the shows will be like.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mclubber View Post
                In case you cannot come to see the inauguration of the castle due to coronavirus restrictions on travel. Here is the video:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpOgxLjDoQ
                Wow!!!!! Thank you for this vid. Since international trips are not yet approved, I can not witness the inauguration. I just wish they could have played memorable disneyland ost. Thank you again for sharing!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                  Being negative isn’t normally my stance in the forums, but I have to admit that I don’t find the modification to the HKDL castle very attractive or imaginative at all.

                  The original castle is still visibly there and it looks like they simply bolted on additional towers (even the construction videos make that plainly obvious) and as a result call it a new castle.

                  This is a lazy effort by WDI and IMO, they should have completely tore down the castle and replaced it with something entirely different. I would have been more impressed if they had used an idea that is more reflective of historical Chinese architecture to go along with the theme Iger used for Shanghai: “authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese”.

                  Maybe i’m just being picky, but this makes it less likely that i’ll ever make any effort to visit this park.
                  I find your post very interesting. I like your idea of having a Chinese touch into the castle to make it more attractive and something really new. Castles are already common in Disney and having a new twist would spin off interest and curiosity.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	135240448_10159037587902148_7385552597006242633_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4A03ePT2J-AAX--4NGv&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=fc4674522313b7f042544896dd8b4b7c&oe=601F5783.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	8630476

                    http://eleburic.com/4JI4

                    Know more about Castle of Magical Dreams!

                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John1023 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	135240448_10159037587902148_7385552597006242633_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4A03ePT2J-AAX--4NGv&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=fc4674522313b7f042544896dd8b4b7c&oe=601F5783.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	8630476

                      http://eleburic.com/4JI4

                      Know more about Castle of Magical Dreams!
                      Mike_M is right, it should have a touch of Asian culture. The castle looks good but it is a common castle, a westernized one.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's the timelapse of its construction
                        Last edited by mclubber; 04-05-2021, 08:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow! It only took them less than one year to build the castle. Its indeed an amazing project while COVID is on going by that time.

                          Comment

                          Get Away Today Footer

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X