X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Attractions Announced - Muppets, Turtles, HSM and Animation

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/257

Last edited by Loomis; 12-19-2007, 02:46 AM.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Re: New Attractions Announced - Muppets, Turtles, HSM and Animation

HKDL just turned into a must see destination!!!! )

Oh please, HK is abandoning the park, The WDC looks like they dont care. What a joke of a resort. I can see this Park actually closing a few days a week or part of the year if the terrible results continue.

Other future news just in, IASW disappoints (oooh a nice boat ride lol) as attendance continues to slide. Mickey officially beat at his own game in China by pandas!

Comment

Crazy disappoined!~ Saying nothing on these four crazy small things!
      Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

So now there will be two attractions (Stitch and Turtle Talk) in the park using exactly the same technology and almost exactly the same concept? This addition seems completely pointless. The others are all fine, but I can't see them helping attendance much.

Comment

totally disappointed at the current lineup of future offering.

It won't help attendance much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
            So now there will be two attractions (Stitch and Turtle Talk) in the park using exactly the same technology and almost exactly the same concept? This addition seems completely pointless. The others are all fine, but I can't see them helping attendance much.
            I realize they're not completely the same but don't Muppets and Turtle Talk have similar concepts as well? They both survive off of human interaction.

Comment

Why dont they do a Disneyland Paris and build a MEGA E-ticket. Thats what got Paris out of the opening rut with Space Mountain. It was a new twist on old ride and pushed the park into attendance over drive and eventually helped the resort turn its first profit. Pirate land please with a great new Pirate e-ticket. But I have a feeling it will be another clone e-ticket.

Oh, I forgot. There is no will from Disney or HK gov to actually put up the money to build one.

Comment

They keep dumping left over scraps from other parks, now they even have two of the same thing - namely "turtle talk on the road" and "stitch".
                Now which park is more ghetto, HKDL aor HKOP?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see the attendance dipping further.

if they keep on throwing scraps from other parks to HKDL, they might as well close it down for good.
                  Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 12-19-2007, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Talk about destroying the cohesive theme of the park.
                    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

This truly sucks, none of these attractions are mainstays, they will all be gone within the next year or two.

Muppet Mobile Lab-not an attraction, same as Lucky the Dinosaur, being moved from Disney's California Adventure.

High School Musical-A small show based on those from the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's California Adventure.

Toy Story Zoetrope-A 2 minute display of animation to add to their art building taken from Disney's California Adventure's Disney Animation building.

Nemo Submarine Turtle Talk- A moving Submarine Vehicle with Turtle Talk with Crush used to help promote Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland Park.

These are all bits and pieces of crap that will surely help Hong Kong Dinsyeland lack in creating REAL attractions. I really think this is pointless and a bad show from Hong Kong Disneyland executives.
                      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                      __________________________________________________________

Comment

How do you say "CRAP" in Chinese? I am horrified.

Comment

While I agree with most of the comments here, in HKDL's partial defence, these are the new 'spring attractions', designed to give a bit more oomph to the unveiling of IASW, which is also set to debut in Spring. They aren't meant to be 'attractions' in the traditional sense.

Still, I can't help but feeling a bit disappointed too. It does seem that each year, the group of attractions does get literally smaller. Plus, the Nemo thing looks like the world's biggest RV.
                          “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

ORDDU: It's as though the Management over there isn't willing to wait for the Hollywood Writer's Strike to end before handing out a very bad joke they decided to hand out, themselves! A joke--I might add--which only serves to mock the regular and potential guests they might have. In short, we are NOT amused!!

Comment

my understanding is that the 4 teeny-weeny new attractions might debut sometime between Spring and Fall of 2008. They might not open at the same time as "IASW".

Hong Kong Disneyland spokeswoman Glendy Chu said the four shows will be launched between spring and fall 2008, but the exact timing hasn't been decided.
                              Source : Forbes

but i don't think it makes any difference.

LOL
                              Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 12-19-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X