This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious Unbuilt Attraction

I received a piece of concept art labeled "HKDL"- it depicts a dinosaur roaring as a vehicle appears to be going over a bridge. Kind of an Indy and CTX hybrid. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Re: Mysterious Unbuilt Attraction

Originally posted by mark View Post
    I received a piece of concept art labeled "HKDL"- it depicts a dinosaur roaring as a vehicle appears to be going over a bridge. Kind of an Indy and CTX hybrid. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Really? Can you share the concept arts with us?
    Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

Oh I read it from your blog! Really amazing and beautiful concept art!!!Sounds like a very exciting attraction ! I hope it come to HKDL!
      Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

Those type of rides are what HKDL needs. I don't understand how they wouldn't build it.

Comment

Yeah, that looks pretty exciting. It could be a coaster too. The "car" in the picture looks like it has a lot of people in it, so it could be a coaster train...I don't know. In any case, it's a shame it wasn't built, since it seems like something totallly different from the other Disney parks.
          Meow

Comment

I have been asked to post the concept art. It is on my blog.
            Mark

Comment

I answered this on anotherplace, but here's what I had to say ...

Without actually seeing the art, it's kind of hard to say for sure.

I can tell you that the original plans for Adventureland included a dino mini-area that was to feature an indoor-outdoor coaster (it was described to me as CTX meets RnRC) thru a primeval forest featuring onboard sound as well as a replica of DAK's Boneyard kiddie play area.

My guess would be that the rendering you have is of the coaster-concept.

Comment

Oh ... and after checking out the artwork, that is indeed what the rendering is of.

One of the many great attractions that were supposed to be in HKDL, but were accountaineered out of the plans.

It could have really been a spectacular park.

Comment

I think WDW1974 has it nailed. I would have said something like Animal Kingdom's "Dinosaur" ride.

Still, I haven't seen this concept art before, so it is quite cool to see what what might have been (and might be one day).

Greetings from the Animal Kingdom Lodge, btw! Off to NYC tomorrow!
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Thanks again, WDW1974!
                    Mark

Comment

The only new attraction coming to HKDL soon (as far as I know) is an adventureland hanuted maze for the halloween months. And Talk with Crush which is already previewing.

Comment

Turtle Talk in HK? They have Stitch- why the need? And where are they putting TT?
                        Mark

Comment

That looks awsome! Something that park definately needs.

Comment

Turtle Talk in HK? They have Stitch- why the need? And where are they putting TT?
                            http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ing-96802.html

Comment

Thanks again, WDW1974!
                              Quite welcome.

The rendering has created quite the discussion on anotherdisneyplace ... and reminded many of us, myself included, how wonderful HKDL really was supposed to be and how much was hacked off between 1999-2005.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X