Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

    According to the latest news from atchinese
    2009/10/27, 週二
    中國《證券時報》透露美國迪士尼,將在上海浦東新區川沙建造主題公園的計畫可望10月底前公告 。
    報道27日指出上海迪士尼項目,10月中旬過關決策機構的審核,最快本周對外宣佈這項投資約244.8億元 人民幣(35.85億美元)的計畫。該項目座落在川沙A08-03地段,緊鄰地鐵和規劃中的奧林匹克公園。
    Translation:

    2009/10/27, Tuesday

    China's "Securities Times" revealed that the Plan for building Disney Theme Park located at Chuansha in Shanghai's Pudong New Area is expected to be announced by the end of October.

    according to a report dated 27 (today), the Shanghai Disneyland Project has been passed by decision-making body in mid-October, announcement for this investment of about 24.48 billion yuan (3.585 billion U.S. dollars) would be made public as early as this week. The project is located in the Chuansha A08-03 lots, close to subway and the planned Olympic Park.

  • #2
    Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

    I still say no to SHDL.....5 resorts around the world is ENOUGH for at least a century. whatever in the world happened to "the once in al lifetime experience" that Disney parks always championed? Why not make a Disneyland Dubai while you're at it? Dubai seems like a much better place than Shanghai in terms of tourism. what a waste of money that could be used on better investments like HKDL! It needs more than a few rides! Why not a HK DisneySEA or something? more people would rather go to HK than Shanghai anytime so SUCH A WASTE OF $$$.
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 10-27-2009, 06:30 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

      Finally.
      -Tyler

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

        ^^I don't see how multiple resorts destroys the "Once in a Lifetime" aspect of Disney parks. I would be willing to bet that a majority of the people who will visit SHDL have never been to a Disney park before, nor would they have been able to do so without that park being built. If more Disney parks means more people get to experience Disney magic, why is that such a bad thing?
        KABLAM!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

          That is a lot of money (That's Tokyo Disney Sea type of budget). How much of it is being put up by the Chinese government?
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

          Find us on Facebook:

          .

          How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

            Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
            That is a lot of money (That's Tokyo Disney Sea type of budget). How much of it is being put up by the Chinese government?
            But don't forget, much of that will go to infrastructure, and some more to hotels and area development, I think that's the resort budget, not the park budget.

            EDIT: not to say that it won't be a gorgeous park if we get what the concept art suggests.
            Last edited by Giraffe Lounge; 10-27-2009, 11:14 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

              Originally posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
              EDIT: not to say that it won't be a gorgeous park if we get what the concept art suggests.
              Concept art?? Has there been any yet?
              -Tyler

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                Originally posted by Tyler1994 View Post
                Concept art?? Has there been any yet?
                Nothing at all official, but if you check out this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/hong-kong...isneyland.html (post #19 has some interesting stuff) there has been some concept art released by Disney that many suspect will be for SHDL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                  Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                  I still say no to SHDL.....5 resorts around the world is ENOUGH for at least a century. whatever in the world happened to "the once in al lifetime experience" that Disney parks always championed? Why not make a Disneyland Dubai while you're at it? Dubai seems like a much better place than Shanghai in terms of tourism. what a waste of money that could be used on better investments like HKDL! It needs more than a few rides! Why not a HK DisneySEA or something? more people would rather go to HK than Shanghai anytime so SUCH A WASTE OF $$$.
                  I agree with preferring to see more money put into HKDL then building another park in Shanghai. My last trip to China I went to Shanghai, but I'd rather go to Hong Kong myself.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                    ^^ Isn't money being put into HKDL already?? Three new lands.


                    Originally posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
                    But don't forget, much of that will go to infrastructure, and some more to hotels and area development, I think that's the resort budget, not the park budget.

                    EDIT: not to say that it won't be a gorgeous park if we get what the concept art suggests.
                    Right, I have seen those.. Thank-you.
                    -Tyler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                      Money has been put into HKDL but I'm just saying HKDL is a better investment than SHDL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                        Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
                        investment of about 3.585 billion U.S. dollars
                        This budget is not as big as I had hoped. At most 65% of this budget will go to the park itself: $2.3b.

                        To put this number in perspective, Eurodisneyland Resort (including hotels/infrastructure) was projected to cost $3.6b (all amounts in 2008 dollars), but over-runs sent that soaring to $6.7b.

                        The DisneySea park alone is rumored to have cost as much as $4.9b.

                        Dinky HKDL park (excluding reclamation/hotels) cost $1.97b.

                        Will Rasulo repeat the mistakes of Pressler? Will the Shanghai government follow the same path as HK and underbuild? This budget is worrying.
                        http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                          Forbes.com Mobile Edition

                          Some more chatter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                            It is always going to be announced this week...
                            Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                            Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                            Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                            Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Shanghai Disney Theme Park to be announced this week

                              Originally posted by Asa View Post
                              It is always going to be announced this week...
                              Yup the HKDL forum is getting flooded with one Shanghai rumor after another. Why not have a single thread for all Shanghai rumors rather than this clutter? The announcement could be tomorrow or could be a year or two away, for all we know.
                              Down with the Hat

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X