• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaliforniaAdventurer
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Re: Candidate for Shanghai Disney's Castle

Beauty and the Beast won the Oscar, they earned the place of honor.

Comment

• Monkey joe
      • Apr 2005

Castle Doom from the newest Disney family member, Dr.Victor Von Doom.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• Kuhio
        Five-Legged Goat
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
        Can poor Snow White have a castle now?
        I second this. I think Snow White should finally get a castle. The castle shown in the Rapunzel concept art is beautiful, but Rapunzel is much more of an unknown quantity -- both the Disney character and the original story -- than Snow White.

And Snow White's castle wouldn't actually have to look like the castle from the movie -- Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty's castles don't much resemble their counterparts from the movies. They could easily do a castle that looks like more like Beast's or Rapunzel's castle, and just call it Snow White Castle. It could visually tie into scenes from the movie by having a central courtyard with a wishing well and a velvet-d window for the Queen to peer out of.

Comment

• dead_Mau5
          ...is busy, please hold.
          • Oct 2009

Rapunzel's Castle seems the most logical choice.
          As for Beast's Castle, that deserves roost in DLP. I find it idiotic that it wasn't built, here we have the park opening in spring of '92 with BatB taking box office success the proceeding Christmas. Eisner was all about propaganda in the parks...
          *cough*Tough to be a Bug*cough*
          ...so why couldn't it be built in Paris?
          Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
          Think of it as a third arm that magically
          shoots bullets!

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

It would have been too much like the real castles that are all accross France.

They picked, rightly, a fantasy castle. I think they should make Shanghai's castle fantastical too.

But they don't have to worry about their local audience already having real castles in their backyard.

Comment

• Magic Lamp
              Dreamer
              • Sep 2009

Randy, I was wondering, are you going to 'put together' your own Shanghai Disney Resort?

Comment

• candydog
                New MiceChatter
                • Jul 2008

To me a Rapunzel castle does seem like the most obvious choice, and those of you who think that naming the castle as her's before seeing how successful the movie will be should take a look at Disneyland. Disneyland opened with the Sleeping Beauty castle in 1955, 4 years before the movie was even released in 1959! Of course Walt did this to give the movie a push, allowing the excitement building around Disneyland to fuel excitement for his next big movie.

BUT (to contradict what I just said) I don't think this would be Disney's plan this time. First of all, I don't see the Disney company we know today taking that sort of risk. Also, a castle being built in China won't have the same impact on the American movie-going audience as the one in California. The general American public won't really care about a Disneyland somewhere in China as opposed to the excitement over The first Disneyland being built in their own country back in 1955.

Saying that, given China's enormous population it would work well to advertise the movie in China at least and push it's overall success there....

So I'm stumped... I doubt it'll happen.

I vote Snow White, can't go wrong with a classic.

Comment

• tasman
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jul 2006

^^ I did read that (Anaheim) Disneyland's castle was supposed to be Snow White's, but that Walt changed the name to Sleeping Beauty to tie in with the upcoming release of that movie. And if you think about it, the simple style of the castle is much more reminiscent of Snow White than the ornate settings of Sleeping Beauty.
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                    Minion
                    • Jan 2005

ORWEN: I think Disneyland's castle in Anaheim looks a lot more like it came from Sleeping Beauty than Snow White. The castle in Snow White was dark and forboding because the wicked queen took over the place. The castle at then end of the movie, which belongs to Snow White's prince, is yellow/gold in color, whereas Sleeping Beauty's Castle was gray and white with red rooves. It more closely resembles the caste at Disneyland, in my opinion. And since Snow white has a dark ride and a wishing well, Princess Aurora deserves some recognition, too. I'm glad they went with Sleeping Beauty's Castle right from the start.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X