X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Shanghai Disneyland will be partially built on a former cemetery

Disneyland in China built on cemetery

Disneyland in China built on cemetery - Society - Panorama | Armenian news

Re: Report: Shanghai Disneyland will be partially built on a former cemetery

If it were me, I'd want to stay buried under Disneyland. Better than a commenorative brick.

However, the notion of moving people from their burial spot to make way for a theme park certainly raises a few ethical and moral questions...
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Here's an interesting quote from the Shanghai Daily

Chinese families will move the graves of their ancestors if they believe the new location is better. People believe that a good burial place will bless future generations.
      Eastday-Disney locked into grave issue

Comment

I could see how this could be used against Disney by opponents of Shanghai DL.

Comment

$60.00 to move a grave?
          Galactic Member

Comment

$60 does not seem like alot for all the pain and suffering that would be involded in that...:thumbdown

Comment

That's about the equivalent of a one day / one park pass.

Comment

Jinx Scoobs! Shanghai Disneyland is haunted!

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Dinah View Post
                  $60 does not seem like alot for all the pain and suffering that would be involded in that...:thumbdown
                  Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                  That's about the equivalent of a one day / one park pass.
                  Better than having to volunteer for a day to get in for free?
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Yeah I doubt they'll introduce that promotion into the Shanghai Park.

Comment

Good thing I don't believe in ghosts. :O

Comment

i don't think they will have to much problem with this. The people in the area have been wishing for the park to be built. The compensation they will be receiving for the land as well as the relocation is something they have been looking for the last 10+ years since the rumor of the park started

Comment

If you go back far enough there are probably many things here in the US built on old burial grounds. Though I agree the compensation seems small.
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be kinda weird being there and knowing dead people used to be there... lol

Comment

The situation appears rather grave. The decenants may have a bone or two to pick with Disney. Here! Fetch, Pluto!
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X