Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

True/False for Shanghai Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True/False for Shanghai Disneyland

As it's been an active week in the general media regarding Shanghai, I wonder if those in the know would be so kind as to comment on what you know about the park's current design with some safe true/false (or warm/cold) responses.

1. An official, gold-shovel ground-breaking will take place during or before May, 2011.
    2. The first official press release will be happen during or before March, 2011.
    3. Ex-Imagineers Tim Delaney, John Horny &/or Tim Kirk have been contracted to help design/build the park.
    4. The park will have a unique castle.
    5. The park will open with five or more lands.
    6. One of these will feature Marvel superheroes.
    7. The park will be much larger - physically & attraction-wise - than HKDL was on opening day (on the scale of opening day TDL or DLP, if not larger).
    8. An in-park lagoon will be merged into the hub-spoke-style design, similar to DisneySea.
    9. Two or more themed resorts will open with the park.
    9b. Resort themes include 'Mictorian' & Tropics/Adventure.
    10. Fewer than 3 attractions will overlap with HKDL.
    11. Fewer than 3 attractions will overlap with Tokyo Disney Resort.
    12. 'Main Street' will not be themed to turn-of-the-century America.
    13. Pirates-splash mountain attraction, once-planned for HKDL, will be there on opening day.
    14. The leaked birds-eye rendering (from museum) is not representative of the current design (which has a large in park lagoon).
    15. Two-thirds or more of attractions will be connected to an existing/established Disney-owned franchise.
    16. One land will be dedicated to Chinese culture/history/legend.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-19-2011, 10:07 AM.
    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

re: True/False for Shanghai Disneyland

If you can provide sources for your questions, I will answer the best I can.

Comment

His own curiosity isn't a good enough source?

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
        His own curiosity isn't a good enough source?
        Some of these are pretty specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
          If you can provide sources for your questions, I will answer the best I can.
          As Goofy mentioned, there are no specific sources for these questions: they are only educated guesses by me based on following the project closely, hints dropped by others with inside connections, Chinese officials, random articles, things that would make sense from a business perspective, etc.

Foe example, articles have mentioned resort hotels, Mictorian seems the be the standard, and that blurry artwork from the Disney Museum seemed to show a Polynesian type hotel connected by river to Adventureland.

Which brings up another true/false question:

14. The leaked birds-eye rendering (from museum) is not representative of the current design (which has a large in park lagoon).
          Last edited by RandySavage; 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
            4. The park will have a unique castle. / True
            5. The park will open with five or more lands. / True
            7. The park will be much larger - physically & attraction-wise - than HKDL was on opening day (on the scale of opening day TDL or DLP, if not larger). / True
            8. An in-park lagoon will be merged into the hub-spoke-style design, similar to DisneySea. / Warm
            12. 'Main Street' will not be themed to turn-of-the-century America. / True

Much appreciated.

All you get for now.

Comment

Thank you. That confirms some very exciting stuff but makes the wait for the unveiling of details/plans/artwork a bit more difficult.
              Last edited by RandySavage; 01-07-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

"4. The park will have a unique castle. / True
                12. 'Main Street' will not be themed to turn-of-the-century America. / True"

Awesome!

Comment

Great to hear! Thank you very much!

Comment

Ummmmm, No I really like and appreciate your input on Micechat. No offense but your avatar/icon (w/e it's called on micechat) reminds me of Joe Rohde on travel channel with Samantha brown in DisneyWorld. I feel like in every one of those specials he's interviewed and wearing a tropical shirt. And because on micechat we always talk about the parks it just reminds me of that.

Comment

May I ask something:
                      Will it get Toy Story (Play) Land?

Comment

Question for Ummmmm, No. Where do you get all this information? I love the input in MiceChat, but how can you validate these things?

Comment

^ Ugh I'm not getting into that again XD have fun Ummmmm, No lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
                            ^ Ugh I'm not getting into that again XD have fun Ummmmm, No lol.
                            Lol, Am i missing something? I have been taking a break dorm the boards for awhile :P No harm Ummmmm,no it was just a question.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
                              May I ask something:
                              Will it get Toy Story (Play) Land?
                              No.

Originally posted by YoungImagineer View Post
                              Question for Ummmmm, No. Where do you get all this information? I love the input in MiceChat, but how can you validate these things?
                              I can't without revealing my identity or employment information. As I tell others on this forum - you can choose to believe me, or not. Time will provide validity. Patience.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X