Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Anyone know why tomorrowland is on the wrong side?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know why tomorrowland is on the wrong side?

one thing I find puzzling about SDL is that Tomorrowland is on the left when you face the castle on entering the park but in every other park it's on the right. Does anyone know why? I've seen concept art for Tokyo with the same thing which didn't happen so I wondered if has anything to do with Asian culture or if it was just a design choice

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
    one thing I find puzzling about SDL is that Tomorrowland is on the left when you face the castle on entering the park but in every other park it's on the right. Does anyone know why? I've seen concept art for Tokyo with the same thing which didn't happen so I wondered if has anything to do with Asian culture or if it was just a design choice
    Maybe just space reasons. Otherwise, it could be for some sorta chinese philosophy bs like, "in chinese culture, the flow of time in space is always respected in regards to the left" idk, but I know they did that stuff in Hong Kong. It's useless if you ask me.

Comment

I think it's a nod to the original Disneyland designs, which had Tomorrowland on the West Side, and Adventureland on the East Side.
      Disney visits over the years:
      • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
      • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
      • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
      • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
      • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
      • Disneyland, August 2007
      • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
      • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
      • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
      • Disneyland, June 2013
      • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
      • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
      • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
      • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

i was just thinking if noise pollution from the coaster had anything to do with it or maybe they were considering future development as part of it. The property east of the park is a green space that will supposedly be open to the public until further development. Also if they decide to build a second gate it might be easier to hide show buildings from Pirates cove or Adventure Island and blend them into new development instead of a large neon lit glass dome. -- just thinking out of the box

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X