Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Day--Who Else is Going? What are the Operating Hours?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day--Who Else is Going? What are the Operating Hours?

Hi everyone. First post here. My gf and I are big Disney fans and we've gone to all of the Disney Parks around the world with the exception of HK and Shanghai. So, we decided to be a part of the Grand Opening Festivities for Shanghai (and make a side trip to HK). We're leaving for China on Monday and we'll be at the park on opening day and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel the next day and will also be at the park then as well.

However, there are no hours of operation posted on the Shanghai Disneyland website. Do we just show up at presumably 8AM on Thursday? Earlier?

Also, who else is going to be there? Seeing the mayhem so far makes me a bit worried...

Originally posted by gelo310 View Post
    Hi everyone. First post here. My gf and I are big Disney fans and we've gone to all of the Disney Parks around the world with the exception of HK and Shanghai. So, we decided to be a part of the Grand Opening Festivities for Shanghai (and make a side trip to HK). We're leaving for China on Monday and we'll be at the park on opening day and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel the next day and will also be at the park then as well.

However, there are no hours of operation posted on the Shanghai Disneyland website. Do we just show up at presumably 8AM on Thursday? Earlier?

Also, who else is going to be there? Seeing the mayhem so far makes me a bit worried...
    People I know who have gone to the soft opening say get there at 7am local time. Be prepared to go through bag checks too.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsacphone View Post

People I know who have gone to the soft opening say get there at 7am local time. Be prepared to go through bag checks too.
      Thank you! We're checking into the Toy Story Hotel the first day, so I think we have to get there at 6AM now just to drop-off luggage.

Comment

The opening hour will be 12pm to 10pm on the 16th. So I guess there will be a private ceremony before it. If you are hotel guest, you will be able to access to the park early. But I think it will not be applied for the first day.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
          The opening hour will be 12pm to 10pm on the 16th. So I guess there will be a private ceremony before it. If you are hotel guest, you will be able to access to the park early. But I think it will not be applied for the first day.
          Thank you!

It's a bit disappointing that they don't have any mention on any of their sites...

Comment

Thank you!

It's a bit disappointing that they don't have any mention on any of their sites...
            Keep in mind too that lines have been crazy which is why my friend suggested early line ups. Good luck either way, have fun and post pics!

Comment

Originally posted by mtsacphone View Post

Keep in mind too that lines have been crazy which is why my friend suggested early line ups. Good luck either way, have fun and post pics!
              Thanks! I just noticed that they updated the site today and have the hours and an app!

Comment

Thanks! I just noticed that they updated the site today and have the hours and an app!
                That is cool, I really like the app here at Disneyland and Calif Adventure. I saw the 16th is sold out now, hoping you got your tickets already. I would imagine. I am jealous! Have fun.

Comment

I won't go to this park until a railroad circling the park is built.

No train=Not Disneyland.
                  Disney visits over the years:
                  • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
                  • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
                  • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
                  • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
                  • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
                  • Disneyland, August 2007
                  • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
                  • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
                  • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
                  • Disneyland, June 2013
                  • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
                  • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
                  • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
                  • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X