Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Shanghai Disneyland’s lengthy lines send tourists to Hong Kong instead?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Shanghai Disneyland’s lengthy lines send tourists to Hong Kong instead?

Disney geeks know how bad the lines at TDL can be, and now I'm wondering if SDL will be a repeat of that park.

Going to Hong Kong from Shanghai is not like simply crossing the esplanade at DLR. SDL is much more likely to cannibalize HKDL's mainland Chinese attendance numbers.

Comment

Been reading several articles and eventhough the park was sold out the wait time last were kept quite low. Seems like maybe part of the reason for long lines during sneak preview was because not all rides and entertainment was running and attractions were most likely in test most and not running at full capacity.
      some people interviewed said that eventhough crowds were huge to enter the park is so large that at no time did it feel crowded. Longest line was TRON with up to 30 minute waits at peak time. Looks like they managed to run that coaster pretty efficiently with multiple trains.
      I saw a news report and saw them loading and dispatching one train and the next one was right behind it waiting to load.

anyone know how many trains are running at same time and do they have a load and unload area for efficiency?

Comment

Even though they said the park was sold out for 2 weeks. I found that the ticket is available everyday, even the 16th and 17th. Very weird!

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
        Instagram
        Flickr
        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
          Even though they said the park was sold out for 2 weeks. I found that the ticket is available everyday, even the 16th and 17th. Very weird!
          Same thing happened when Tokyo DisneySea first opened. I had planned to see that park a week after it opened, had my plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc, except no actual tickets to the park and about two weeks before opening it got around the park was 'sold out' through the first few weeks. I could not tell you how angry and frustrating I felt over it. Of course I went anyway because I had non refundable tickets and I could always just to back to TDL and hit Tokyo but turns out, no, it wasn't sold out weeks in advance after all. I got there an hour before opening, it took about 90 mins to get my ticket as crowds were crazy but yeah I got all three days as I wanted a week after opening. Don't know how things like this happens but its not the first time.

Comment

could it be that they set a certain amount of tickets for advance sell? that way they have another block of tickets available for guests that might not follow the news. Once they see that things don't get out of control then the balance of tickets are open for sell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X