Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

How China Won the Keys to Disney's Kingdom

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How China Won the Keys to Disney's Kingdom

In light of the negative review that SD got in the article printed earlier today on MiceChat, perhaps any criticisms of what the park lacks should be directed to Disney's partner, the Chinese government. They appear to have had a great say in how the park would look and what attractions would be in it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/bu...T.nav=top-news

Or perhaps people need to stop being so critical of everything. The park looks great to me, has amazing rides, and has already had lines and crowds even though its grand opening is not for another 2 days.

I have to say too there has been a degree of anti-chinese sentiment in some of these critiques, with statements like and I am paraphrasing - (chinese culture is like this, or chinese people won't like that).

Unless you are Chinese or live in China, I am not sure what that adds to the conversation. Can you imagine someone saying "Floridians don't know what this is, or black people don't like that".

Come on people, this is an amusement industry. These parks that Disney makes are more beautiful than most of the rest of the industry and more well kept than much of the rest of the world we live in.

Enjoy them!

Comment

Originally posted by mtsacphone View Post
      Or perhaps people need to stop being so critical of everything. The park looks great to me, has amazing rides, and has already had lines and crowds even though its grand opening is not for another 2 days.

I have to say too there has been a degree of anti-chinese sentiment in some of these critiques, with statements like and I am paraphrasing - (chinese culture is like this, or chinese people won't like that).

Unless you are Chinese or live in China, I am not sure what that adds to the conversation. Can you imagine someone saying "Floridians don't know what this is, or black people don't like that".

Come on people, this is an amusement industry. These parks that Disney makes are more beautiful than most of the rest of the industry and more well kept than much of the rest of the world we live in.

Enjoy them!
      On MC we chat about various aspects of the theme parks. Most, but not all, do enjoy the parks.

Comment

I have to say I agree with much of both the articles. The park has some good elements but overall doesn't feel Disney quality to me. I can't believe that you can see Disney town from tomorrowland- it's as bad an intrusion as the Dolphin at EPCOT, most of the rides are very generic spinner attractions or the carousel, tea cups etc. Tron has a fantastic look but why have the outside portion it looks like it completely spoils the game grid emerson. The Rapids ride looks like something from a six flags a real waste of a good idea. Most of all though where are the classic Disney touches - no small world, surely the heart of a Disneyland, no omnimover ride, only two fantasyland darkrides and one of them the second rate version, no train, steamboat or monorail.

As others have said I think DLP is the best designed park based on Disneyland, I really wanted Shanghai to be good but it just looks like a poor copy, it makes you wonder whose pockets that $5.5 billion went into as it doesn't look like it was the park, I just hope they add more to the park soon - long lines don't mean the park is successful it means it's under built

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X