Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Review) First impressions from visiting Shanghai Disneyland

Considering the lukewarm to negative review featured last week on the Micechat front page, I thought maybe this review would be a good counterpoint. Same park, different review. The reviewer seems to enjoy Voyage to the Crystal Grotto which is the one attraction that's been getting negative online reviews by Disney parks enthusiasts.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201606/5121/

I like how this article is focused. I read one article quite negative against SDL on Laughingplace. Basically the article complainments were the lack of railroad, the lack of transports, a lot of empty spaces and the lack of classics such as Phantom Manor, Big Thunder, Small World et al.
    I totally disagree because for me railroad is not a must (The perfect example is Tokyo, its railroad sucks and it does not transport you anywhere) and I'm tired of clones of rides that I've already ridden on Orlando and Paris.
    On the other hand the all-new all-different Pirates, Tron Coaster and RRapids seems incredible to me. I'm Spanish so I can't travel to Orlando/Anaheim every year, so for me 7 Dwarfs and Soarin'The World will be new rides too.
    And Hong Kong is 3 hours or less away, so a combo Shangai-Hong Kong for next srping will be the perfect holidays for me instead of visitng again Paris or Orlando.

Comment

I actually thought Voyage to the Crystal Grotto was cute from the video I watched of it. I figured it was sort of there in place of Small World for them. Some of what I have seen in pictures was nice and some wasn't...I think the worse so far has been that Alice area. It being based more of the live action movies was odd IMO. Yet maybe they like that more there than the cartoon version..I don't know. I just thought the Queen's giant head like it was was a bit creepy. I think the complaints on the train was because they built what looks like a train station but nothing with it. Yet maybe it will come and maybe it won't. I have no problems though with each Disney park having things different in some way, shape or form. Its what would make each one unique in their own way. I figured maybe there is so much with the gardens because of either of the culture (wasn't sure on it though) or it was just in place until Disney could figure out what to fill it in with and afford as time goes on.
      A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

It is a nice review. The thing about railroads is, to my knowledge, they are still the most common form of transportation in China. If a family is traveling from a remote region, they might have even taken the sleeper car to get to Shanghai. I think it was excluded because it isn't nostalgic the way it is for many Americans.
        No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
          It is a nice review. The thing about railroads is, to my knowledge, they are still the most common form of transportation in China. If a family is traveling from a remote region, they might have even taken the sleeper car to get to Shanghai. I think it was excluded because it isn't nostalgic the way it is for many Americans.
          That doesn't make sense. There's a train in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong as well. It's common in Europe for people to get to Paris by train as well.
          If I recall correctly, imagineers thought like you said about Europeans and Paris. But to their surprise the train was so popular in opening year, they had to build another one immediately to meet demand.

Comment

Originally posted by hulkbox View Post
            Considering the lukewarm to negative review featured last week on the Micechat front page, I thought maybe this review would be a good counterpoint. Same park, different review. The reviewer seems to enjoy Voyage to the Crystal Grotto which is the one attraction that's been getting negative online reviews by Disney parks enthusiasts.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201606/5121/
            Thanks for sharing that, Hulkbox! I enjoyed that review and it made want to visit Shaghai Disneyland, though I'd rather visit Tokyo Disneyland again if I got to choose, and I will probably get to choose in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by konekobus View Post

That doesn't make sense. There's a train in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong as well. It's common in Europe for people to get to Paris by train as well.
              If I recall correctly, imagineers thought like you said about Europeans and Paris. But to their surprise the train was so popular in opening year, they had to build another one immediately to meet demand.
              I don't know enough about Europe to comment at this point. I have only lived in the US and China. Are sleeper cars still used in Europe to travel long distances?
              No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X