Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Fastpasses are for sale--Good or bad thing for Disney parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastpasses are for sale--Good or bad thing for Disney parks?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201703/5499/

Very bad.
    Fool, Hook is Never Land!

Comment

This is a horrible idea for Disney...at least you only get one entry for each attraction. The reality of this is that regular park guests have to wait longer for everything. If this is the future, then why don't they just go back to ticket books? It was a much better way to balance wait times. While I use Fastpass all the time, there can be no argument that they result in a much more crowded park in general. At some point you reach diminishing returns...

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
        This is a horrible idea for Disney...at least you only get one entry for each attraction. The reality of this is that regular park guests have to wait longer for everything. If this is the future, then why don't they just go back to ticket books? It was a much better way to balance wait times. While I use Fastpass all the time, there can be no argument that they result in a much more crowded park in general. At some point you reach diminishing returns...
        It's about maximizing monitization. I'd bet their overall profits are higher under a tiered experience system that's biased in odd ways. Lower tier guests might skip a visit if they had a hard cap on their attractions via ticket books. With a soft tiered experience people will have the hope that crowds might be low and they can do everything they want. Rich guests get to pay more to be hassled less.

Seeing as how this is the Shanghai forum, shouldn't most of the queues here have been designed with the implementation of fastpass in mind? There shouldn't be nearly the large number of legacy queues that California and to a lesser degree Florida has.
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Apparently they are having an issue with people selling fast passes (the regular ones). We are going in October and will only be there for 1 whole day (my birthday) and two partial days before moving on to the Great Wall then on to Japan. I plan on buying the fast pass set to maximize our ability to see as much as possible that day.
          AKA doombuggy
          1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

Comment

Originally posted by golden redhead View Post
            Apparently they are having an issue with people selling fast passes (the regular ones).
            I can vouch for this.

In the morning when we were waiting in line for the park to open, we were hounded by several people trying to sell us fast pass packages. They were pretty abrasive and it kinda killed the magic.

Having got to the park really early, we were very close to the front of the line when they let us in. I'd say I was in the first 100 or so to the Soarin' fast pass line - and got there just in time for them to run out of fast passes for the day. I saw a guy come out of line with about 80 of them in his hands, so I assumed he must be part of the scalping operation.

What makes it worse is what Disney then has to do to deal with people using the black market fast passes: Anytime you would use a fast pass, you had to also give the cast member your park ticket. They'd spend at least a half minute per person making sure that the 20-or-so digit code on your fast pass is the same as the one on your ticket. The line for Fast passes almost felt as long as the regular lines in some cases.

I don't like the idea of Disney selling Fast passes myself, but in this park, they had to do something.
            Last edited by manifest; 06-22-2017, 08:59 PM.
            :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
            Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X