Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just returned from SHDL and HKDL

First visit. Spent 2 days at HKDL and 2 days at SHDL. Happy to help if anyone has any questions about planning a trip to either park.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

Details, please. And here are 6 questions:

1. How did you like the Shanghai resort?

2. What were your favorite attractions at the two Disney resorts?

3. If one is in Hong Kong, is Hong Kong Disneyland worth visiting?

4. Did you notice differences in guest behavior at the resorts?

5. How crowded were the resorts? (Please give the dates you were at each.)

6. Besides Disney parks, what did you enjoy visiting in or near Shanghai & Hong Kong?

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
      Details, please. And here are 6 questions:

Sorry for the delay notifications were off and didn't realize.

1. How did you like the Shanghai resort?
      Culture wise, it was hard to handle/navigate but the resort itself is beautiful and well done.

2. What were your favorite attractions at the two Disney resorts?
      Pirates and peter pan were my favorites at Shanghai. Mystic Manor in Hong Kong.

3. If one is in Hong Kong, is Hong Kong Disneyland worth visiting?
      If you are a Disney fan, of course. You only need one day though. Small park.

4. Did you notice differences in guest behavior at the resorts?
      Absolutely (my culture comment above). Regular line cutting/pushing/shoving. Lots of behaviors I would consider rude/gross are common behaviors (spitting/ nose picking/ farting openly, chewing with an open mouth, very loud in tight spaces, extreme cell phone usage during shows and rides (no one turns their ringers off). The worst though out of everything was the public urination in Shanghai. We were in the park two days and saw two accounts of public urination inside the park when there were plenty of restrooms scattered around. Not saying the American parks dont have their share of bad park guests but it was pretty bad. I've heard mixed reports of all of this in other trip reports so maybe I just hit a bad couple of days.

5. How crowded were the resorts? (Please give the dates you were at each.)
      I dont have my dates handy as I'm writing this but it was early to mid May scattered over weekends and week days. Hong Kong never seemed crowded. Shangahi was way more crowded but manageable.

6. Besides Disney parks, what did you enjoy visiting in or near Shanghai & Hong Kong?
      We did a full day of exploring each city in between our park days and stuck to the touristy stuff. Hong Kong, my favorite excursion was to the big budha. We did a harbor cruise at night too that was nice (the light show is boring and not worth waiting for if you want to just sight see the city). In Shanghai, the tea house at yuyuan gardens was very nice if you can get in. We enoyed the Jade Budha temple also. There are a half dozen tower/observation decks scattered about in each city all offering a great view. We also did a Beijing stop in between those two cities to see the great wall and it was amazing to see in person.

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
      - Uncle Walt

Comment

Thank you for answering all of my questions, Dizneeboy!

Interesting!

Comment

Working...
        X