Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Visiting TDL alone!!!!!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Visiting TDL alone!!!!!!!

How do you suppose the expenses will be with passport/plane tickets/lodging etc. just for 1 person? would it take more than a couple years just to save up? Is it possible for a 20 yr old to go alone? can ya'll pm me some info thanks

Re: Visiting TDL alone!!!!!!!

i am planning on going to Japan for a week and half in beginning of january. I think my plane ticket will cost me around $1,000 round trip. Hotel will cost me another $1,000 because i will probably stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I already have a passport, but i think they cost around $80. So with all the plane ticket, hotel, and other expenses will probably cost me around $2500. I am also staying the TDLH for three nights, and the rest of the time i will be staying with a family friend that lives in southern japan.

Comment

Going solo at any of the overly-priced TDR hotels is ludicrous. Sorry. And much a fan as I am, that is one option I will not explore. You can be in Tokyo for 8 nights in a clean cheaper hotel within 15 mins from TDR, for the price of 3 nights at the Miracosta or the TDL Hotel. TDR Hotels are best enjoyed and much affordable when the price is shared by 3-4 guests staying on one room.But to answer your questions in post 1, you it is possible for a 20 yr old to go to TDR solo. Many young guests spend time at TDR by themselves or with other friends. The cost of a TDR vacation varies greatly depending on the hotel you choose. I would think that with proper research and some time spent on the net, your average trip to TDR from the USA for a single guest can be somewhere from $1,200 (with cheaper hotels) to as much as $2,500 if staying in top of the line resorts like the TDR hotels. The price also changes depending on your other expenses, such as food/bev, souvenirs, and transportation choices to/from airport to TDR... or whether you want to explore other areas of Tokyo or Japan. Some time ago, some posters here reported prices as cheap as $600 round trip between the west coast and Japan... but now a days, with the ultra expensive fuel prices, and the weaker dollar against the yen... Japan seems less and less a good deal, or at least not as affordable as it was a year ago. But IT CAN BE DONE if you research prices and options for travel and lodging on the net.

Comment

One more thing... ticket prices at TDR currently are around this:1-day.. $582-days.. $863-days.. $1294-days.. $156... but I am taking an educated guess here, based on what the exchange rates have been lately.

Comment

I often travel to Tokyo by myself, sometimes running into friends at the parks. Here's a rundown of the costs (I try to do it cheaply):

• Airfare: Depends upon where you are flying from, but from Los Angeles, a round trip flight to Tokyo/Narita including tax and fuel surcharge is around $810 for Coach Class via Korean Air. Sometimes you can find a cheaper ticket via United or American Airlines, but those flights tend to be so much more crowded, have less leg room, and the service isn't as good. If you travel on weekends (Fri-Sun), expect to pay $50 or more extra. Watch for special promotions from IACE Travel or JTB Travel. (I happened to get a promotional ticket this year for November for $600 total.)
          • Hotels in Japan: If you don't mind staying in Tokyo, about an hour away from TDR via train/subway, find a cheap business hotel. This is especially good for single travelers. Youth hostels can be a bit dirty, but I've found some Business Hotels to be tidy. I like to stay at a Business Hotel in Minami Senjyu, which runs for about $33/night (cash only) for singles or cheaper if you stay multiple nights. They have very small rooms, but it's functional and very clean. Rooms all have a bed, a flat panel TV, a refrigerator, a small table, AC/Heater, and a balcony. Bathrooms are shared, and they have a pay shower downstairs (or a free communal bath at certain hours). For a single room with your own bathroom & shower (at other business hotels), expect to pay $60-$80/night. An example could be the Toyoko Inn chain or the Skycourt chain.
          • Food: I'd budget $50/day for food, which will allow you eat well. Since you'll be at Tokyo Disney Resort, you might as well try everything that you can.
          • Train transportation: To/From Airport: $10 each way via Keisei Railways from Narita to Ueno Station. Or $30 via Airport Limousine (bus). The Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner are faster, but cost more. Daily Transportation: $15/day
          • Tokyo Disneyland tickets: 4-day pass for $150 (actually a little bit less, depending upon exchange rates).
          • Locker Rental: $6-9 a day, based at 300yen per use.
          • Souvenirs: Varies...
          • If you can get free travelers checks, use those as they get you a better exchange rate than cash.
          • Check the International Transaction Fee on your credit cards. Many charge 3%. Some credit unions might only charge 1%.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Going solo at any of the overly-priced TDR hotels is ludicrous. Sorry. And much a fan as I am, that is one option I will not explore. You can be in Tokyo for 8 nights in a clean cheaper hotel within 15 mins from TDR, for the price of 3 nights at the Miracosta or the TDL Hotel. TDR Hotels are best enjoyed and much affordable when the price is shared by 3-4 guests staying on one room.But to answer your questions in post 1, you it is possible for a 20 yr old to go to TDR solo. Many young guests spend time at TDR by themselves or with other friends. The cost of a TDR vacation varies greatly depending on the hotel you choose. I would think that with proper research and some time spent on the net, your average trip to TDR from the USA for a single guest can be somewhere from $1,200 (with cheaper hotels) to as much as $2,500 if staying in top of the line resorts like the TDR hotels. The price also changes depending on your other expenses, such as food/bev, souvenirs, and transportation choices to/from airport to TDR... or whether you want to explore other areas of Tokyo or Japan. Some time ago, some posters here reported prices as cheap as $600 round trip between the west coast and Japan... but now a days, with the ultra expensive fuel prices, and the weaker dollar against the yen... Japan seems less and less a good deal, or at least not as affordable as it was a year ago. But IT CAN BE DONE if you research prices and options for travel and lodging on the net.

When you go to TDR where do you usually stay? Do you go alone or with your family? Not try to be nosy but curious. I am thinking about going to TDR for four days and what are some good hotels near the resort. i would like to spend 2 nights at least at the TDLH but wondering what are hotels are good to stay by the resort. Any recommendations for the Tokyo Disney Resort Hotels.

Comment

How about two people? I am waiting on Kevin's book about this.
              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
                When you go to TDR where do you usually stay? Do you go alone or with your family?
                I go to Tokyo on business and my company pays for the airfare and hotel so my costs are nil except for park admission and other expenses. But when I do go to TDR for fun, I stay at Hotel Universe in Kayabasho. Cheap, clean and just 15 mins away from TDR via the JR train.

Comment

I did a solo trip a couple years ago and thought it was very manageable. I like staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay--sometimes you can luck into a promotion through either Hilton or the Starwood property that's right around the park.

For airfare and lodging, I would usually plan on paying around $2000 for one person. I don't have the funds to swing the Miracosta or the DL Hotel, but I'd rather avoid having to train in every day if I don't have to, so the surrounding "official" hotels are good for me.

Comment

"Train around". Well that depends... most people do choose hotel that require tranfers and that adds travel time. I alway use the Universe Hotel and it's only 12 mins away on a single train ride, which is very do-able and hassle-free.. and hotel-wise? Much more affordable than staying in the official hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      I go to Tokyo on business and my company pays for the airfare and hotel so my costs are nil except for park admission and other expenses. But when I do go to TDR for fun, I stay at Hotel Universe in Kayabasho. Cheap, clean and just 15 mins away from TDR via the JR train.

Is this the hotel you are talking about http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewSpecif...OMH&tabIndex=1

Also i am looking at the subway map and what the hotel description says that it is only a minute walk from Kayabacho Subway Station then i would take it to hatchobori station to get on the Keiyo line and that take me front gate of TDR is this correct.
                      Here is the map

http://www.tokyometro.jp/global/en/s...outemap_en.pdf

What are in the roooms? Do they have toilets, tv, and basic amneties.
                      Last edited by Disneyfan4; 06-22-2008, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
                        Is this the hotel you are talking about http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewSpecif...OMH&tabIndex=1

Also i am looking at the subway map and what the hotel description says that it is only a minute walk from Kayabacho Subway Station then i would take it to hatchobori station to get on the Keiyo line and that take me front gate of TDR is this correct.
                        Here is the map

http://www.tokyometro.jp/global/en/s...outemap_en.pdf

What are in the roooms? Do they have toilets, tv, and basic amneties.
                        Yes, that is the hotel. Rooms are small but for just one person traveling alone, they are OK. However... I would not get on the subway to go to TDR. The walk from the hotel to Hatchobori is only 8 mins.

Kayabasho station is great for connecting to narita airport's keisei line at Ueno station, or to go to other areas of Tokyo via metro subway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X