This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Cool story, although I favor the Twilight Zone one better. Maybe it's because I have grown accustomed to it, or because it ties the elevator in better. Either way, it should be a fun ride. I can't wait to see it's finished exterior/interior. That's another big factor for me.

And on that note, I wish I could go! One day I will end up there. How sad, I'm Japanese and one of the top things on my list when I visit is Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySeas! By the way, the name is funny to me...it's what my family calls "engrish".

Comment

I think the story is very nice and love the dialogue between different lands of the parks. It is something a bit harder to to for the magic Kindoms and I think it really is a wonderful opportunity that should be used more and more. It enhanced the idea that the park is ONE whole new world to explore instead of a juxstapotion of different themes.

Talking about names... after having seen a drink in Japan called POCARI SWEAT (wich is btw pronounced Po-ka-ree-su-eh-tto) the name is fine with me. I think English used as an international language is much different from the English spoken by native tongues. So probably because I'm from Italy the pun about Mr Hightower seems perfect to me, as the name Raging Spirits, wich some found quite weird.
      Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
      2007: World of Disney New York City
      2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
      1992: Euro Disney Resort
      2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
      1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
      1997: Walt Disney World
      1993: Disneyland

Comment

I don't really like Tower of Terror but I would definitely go on this just to see the preshow.

Comment

At the Magical Memories Event, an Imagineer told us TDS story for Tower of Terror. Really wondered how they would tie this attraction in, without the Twighlight Zone story, but they came up with a great one.

The imagineer also filled us in to some of the new special effects of the Jungle Cruise at Hong Kong DL. WOW! it would be great to see if some effects could be incorporated into the Jungle Cruise at DL Anaheim ~
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the same link above has some new pictures of the tower that were added on the 8th.

Comment

Actually their not bellhops but museum cruiter and the twilight zone will not be included because it doesnt exsist over in Japan.

Comment

"Twilight Zone" was broadcast in Japan. Even nows ome episodes are available on DVD/Video and is currently shown on cable/satellite. However, it did not have the impact here as it did in the US.

Comment

"Twilight Zone" was broadcast in Japan. Even nows ome episodes are available on DVD/Video and is currently shown on cable/satellite. However, it did not have the impact here as it did in the US.

Comment

http://www.towerofterror.org/media/tokyo.html
                    Here's a video that shows the progression of the tower. I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I've never really had time to scroll through all the pictures and see the tower go up so this is nice. It's also easy to see the huge design differences from the other towers.

Comment

I like rides that fit with the 'story' of the park, and to other rides. Do you thing 'Raging Spirits' has ToT refrences, like a piece of luggage with the logo on it or something?
                      Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

At the Raging Spirits attraction, there are some crates are addressed to the "Hightower Foundation." The same address where TOT is located in American Waterfront.

Comment

That is amazing... It just tells you that this story has been in play for quite some time now

Comment

Originally posted by hilsbro
                            That is amazing... It just tells you that this story has been in play for quite some time now
                            True! I'm just hoping it turns out good, but I'm pretty positive that it will. The theming is going to be freakin amazing!

Comment

Wow.. I wonder if any other 'Hightower' items have showed up.
                              Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

Not that I know or seen around TDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden Goofy
                                  Wow.. I wonder if any other 'Hightower' items have showed up.
                                  Well I don't know of any others besides the Raging Spirits one, but who knows? The park is so detailed, people may find some more.

Comment

The story sounds really nice, and although I love the ones here in America, I love that is diffrent in Japan and it gives hommage to the other lands of the park. Very nice touch. Now where to get the money to visit?
                                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

There's one thing for sure...it is going to kick major ***.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff
                                        The story sounds really nice, and although I love the ones here in America, I love that is diffrent in Japan and it gives hommage to the other lands of the park. Very nice touch. Now where to get the money to visit?
                                        Yeah, not too much, and not too little hommage. The pre-show is what most of us here are going to want to see, but now that I think of it, the view from the top of the tower will be spectacular! Much better than the other two since there are more beautiful things to see.

Comment

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html
                                          Another update from jtcent. You can see a bit of the exterior covering from a new angle and there are some pictures with crowds of workers, I wonder what they're doing?

Comment

Working...
                                          X