This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Morning briefing and exercise. I was with Joe from jtcent when he took these pics and I took some as well... but need to download them into my album first.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      Morning briefing and exercise. I was with Joe from jtcent when he took these pics and I took some as well... but need to download them into my album first.
      Oh, thanks, cool. Have you heard anything of an opening date? Probably not, but I'm crawling out of my skin with excitement. I was thinking perhaps earlier than this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        Sounds to me the preshow will be as good if not better than the ride itself!
        I was thinking the same thing.

That pre-show sounds awesome, but then you get DCA's "Tower Lite".

Comment

In all fairness... I did like DCA's version of TOT as much as the MGM one...and do not really have a predilection of one over the other one. Mind you, I am no Pollyanna! Of course.. we'll see how TDS' turn out in the end.
          Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
          Have you heard anything of an opening date? Probably not, but I'm crawling out of my skin with excitement. I was thinking perhaps earlier than this summer.
          I'd take a guess and say... July 06 at the earliest; Sept 4th 2006 at the latest.

Comment

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html
            Yet another jtcent update. Gotta love these guys!:bow:

Comment

Two more pictures at jtcent. These ones are important they show a lot of the exterior.

Comment

Half the fun is spending time with Joe at the parks which is something I get to do often (thanks Joe!), and anyone going to TDR should try to get together with Joe ... he is a fun person to hang out with.

Comment

I know here's another one, but these are really good and I would feel guilty if I didn't post these! :thumbup:

Comment

Yay concept art!

Comment

TDS TOT will suchh a unique attraction! like those over in Misterious Island! The architectural blend between oriental and early 1900's is so nice and perfectly executed. And I agree with you guys, the view will be stunning (maybe we'll be lucky enough to get some backstage areas visible... I would love that)
                      Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
                      2007: World of Disney New York City
                      2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
                      1992: Euro Disney Resort
                      2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
                      1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
                      1997: Walt Disney World
                      1993: Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by massimo
                        (maybe we'll be lucky enough to get some backstage areas visible... I would love that)
                        Just ride the TDR Line monorails and you'll get plenty of that! Too much in fact.

Comment

21 new pictures with lot's of new features to see!! Even the coming soon poster looks amazing! Simply stunning! I can't wait to see the rest of the covering to come down.

Comment

Wow. That looks amazing.

Comment

I am so glad Joe is keeping us informed on this progress.... I have not been to TDR since November and need my TDR fix pronto!!!

Comment

From construction pictures, all I have to say is down with scaffolds and scrims, up (and then back down and up again (wash, rinse, repeat) with elevators.

It looks amazing. Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to make it out to Tokyo to check out the amazing parks and this amazing version of ToT.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
                                  From construction pictures, all I have to say is down with scaffolds and scrims, up (and then back down and up again (wash, rinse, repeat) with elevators.
                                  Amen to that!

Comment

Holy God! That thing is stunning! The detail is crazy. It looks like one hell of a ride. It puts DCA's and even MGM's tower to shame. It will no doubt put the Paris to shame as well. Now THIS is a Disney ride! I love DisneySea.[smilie=4,42,10]

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
                                      Holy God! That thing is stunning! The detail is crazy. It looks like one hell of a ride. It puts DCA's and even MGM's tower to shame. It will no doubt put the Paris to shame as well. Now THIS is a Disney ride! I love DisneySea.[smilie=4,42,10]
                                      Wait, wait! That's going a bit far. I agree that it (style-wise) puts DCA in the dust and definitely challenges MGM. But put Paris to shame when it's not built yet?!?

I'll wait until this ride is actually finished (and TDLFAN gives his review!) before making any impressions/decisions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                                        Wait, wait! That's going a bit far. I agree that it (style-wise) puts DCA in the dust and definitely challenges MGM. But put Paris to shame when it's not built yet?!?

I'll wait until this ride is actually finished (and TDLFAN gives his review!) before making any impressions/decisions about it.
                                        I'm liking the detail so far probably better than the others, and it is looking promising, but I'm gonna have to ride it first before I say that. So yeah it was a little out of line but we could find ourselves saying the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                                          ... but we could find ourselves saying the same thing!
                                          I agree. From OLC's track record, the chances of that are pretty high. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X