This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Amazing. Though in some of those shots the tower almost looks too short for some of it's parts...

Comment

It's the angle of the pictures... Trust me,this ain't a small or short tower by all means...

Comment

WOW, it's seriously amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rawrr
          WOW, it's seriously amazing.
          Well... with due respect.. TDS as a whole is a seriously amazing theme park. WE could not settle for less at TDS.. and hopefully little hiccups such as Raging Spirits will not re-occur.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
            Well... with due respect.. TDS as a whole is a seriously amazing theme park. WE could not settle for less at TDS.. and hopefully little hiccups such as Raging Spirits will not re-occur.
            Exactly, TDS is amazing in everyway from the looks of it. I'm going to look into taking a trip there.

Comment

You have to be kidding me...

Comment

What type of architecture is this?

This is by far the most elaborate Tower. This exterior puts Florida's and California's to shame. I can't get over it.
                Last edited by DisneyMickey; 02-17-2006, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disneymickey
                  You have to be kidding me...
                  Yes, we are. This is some building in Prague.
                  Sheesh!

What type of architecture is this?
                  The type that goes with the rest of American Waterfront's turn of the century New York city I guess... Who cares!?!?!? I am just glad we are getting something that reeks in quality and art.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
                    This is by far the most elaborate Tower. This exterior puts Florida's and California's to shame. I can't get over it.
                    it's kind of unfair to compare it to the other two when they didn't thematically require that much detail into their towers. I mean, have you seen Everest lately? If it calls for it, big projects like that almost always be heavily themed to suit the thematic requirements for the area.

Comment

*coughthebackofeverestisflatcough*

I still think it is overly elaborate. To say that DCA's and MGM's didn't require it, while true, sounds like too much of a copout for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate

I still think it is overly elaborate. To say that DCA's and MGM's didn't require it, while true, sounds like too much of a copout for me.
                        the back is what it is, the back, even Tokyo's ToT isn't that elaborate at the back.

MGM's didn't require too much detail, DCA is the copout.

TDS' American Waterfront is heavily detailed to begin with, therefore, it's Tower is required to be completely over detailed if it is going to both stand out and blend in at the same time.

Comment

*coughtheridewillnotopenfortwomoremonthscough*
                          “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
                            it's kind of unfair to compare it to the other two when they didn't thematically require that much detail into their towers. I mean, have you seen Everest lately? If it calls for it, big projects like that almost always be heavily themed to suit the thematic requirements for the area.
                            I can see your point now that you mention it. But it still is much more lavhishly done which makes it the best look-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
                              Even if the ride sucks(I highly doubt it), we will still awe at the exterior of the building.

Comment

Mike, the ride was turned over to Operations in mid jan, meaning the construction is totally finished. The back of Everest will remain flat and exposed until the trees bloking it's view from the parking lot grow big enough...that will take about 5-8 yrs. Also...FYI.. the ride has been operating normally (with some down moments due to technical dificulties) since late January and thousands of regular day guests have already been on it. The only thing yet to occur is the obligatory Press fanfare and fireworks to declare it officially opened.

Originally posted by stitcharielsindbad
                                it's kind of unfair to compare it to the other two when they didn't thematically require that much detail into their towers.
                                True.. and MGM/DCA TOT do match the feel of their respective areas (Old Hollywood)

Not a copout at all Twist... If you have ever been to TDS, you would understand why this TOT is so ornated...the rest of the park is Disney's most accomplished THEMED park, where details are so elaborate and lavish...building a TOT like the ones at MGM and DCA's would be taking a step back in quality and would look terribly cheap in the middle of TDS's beyond theming and atmospheres. You will not understand this until you go vist TDS for yourself. After nearly 5 yrs of visiting this gem of a park, I am still amazed that I keep finding things I missed seeing before!!! IT IS THAT GOOD!

Comment

The only thing yet to occur is the obligatory Press fanfare and fireworks to declare it officially opened.
                                  I disagree with that. They are still making many changes to fit the need of the attraction. For example, they are using a new strobe effect on the yeti now for whenever it breaks down (so they don't have to shut the whole ride). As for the back of the mountain, all they need to do is plant some more trees and/or paint it go-away-green (or one of the other fancy names they have).

Now back on-topic, the ToT looks pretty cool (although I will never get that Great Gatsby image out of my head ).
                                  “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I disagree with that.
                                    What else is new?

They are still making many changes to fit the need of the attraction. For example, they are using a new strobe effect on the yeti now for whenever it breaks down (so they don't have to shut the whole ride).
                                    Leave it up to WDW to find cheap solutions to cover their lack of good maintenance. What a disservice to the guests to not offer a show the way it is supposed to be presented. Another reason why TDR kicks WDW big fat butt.

Comment

Leave it up to WDW to find cheap solutions to cover their lack of good maintenance. What a disservice to the guests to not offer a show the way it is supposed to be presented. Another reason why TDR kicks WDW big fat butt.
                                      makes me wish a really big earthquake hits Tokyo soon. I'm really tired of your blighted hatred of WDW.
                                      Last edited by stitcharielsinbad; 02-18-2006, 10:14 AM.

Comment

It's not a cheap solution. It's a very creative way to keep the attraction open. If the yeti goes down, there are two options...
                                        1) Close the attraction for the rest of the day
                                        2) Keep it open with the new effect (which although not great, still provides a scary look at the yeti). Fix the problem over night & reopen it full effects on the next day.
                                        I don't know about you, but I'd rather the 2nd option.

Comment

• Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
                                          makes me wish a really big earthquake hits Tokyo soon. I'm really tired of your blighted hatred of WDW.
                                          No!!!
                                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Working...
                                          X