Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

    Wait a minute now! These are just rides...is it really necessary to wish natural disasters upon Disney properties?

    At least Tokyo Disney doesn't steal Disneyland's spot light when it come to the 50th Anniversary.

    Ok, ok, ok. I just had to say that. :angel: Sordy...

    Comment


    • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

      No, I don't think the Yeti strobe effect is a cheap way to support lack of maintenance...but the Yeti si huge, he is awesome, and if he was to be still the ride would just be a dissapointment. While he still has bugs they have a backup plan to not close and ruin the ride...it just isnt as thrilling as when he reaches out for you!

      Comment


      • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

        The way I see it, you either see 95% of the ride or none of it. If you are only going to be there for one day, which do you want them to do?

        It's the drawbacks that come to such a giant AA. The yeti is the most powerful AA ever made (it requires the same force as a 747 jet). It is also one of the most advanced. Anything with those aspects is bound to break once in a while.
        “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

        Comment


        • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

          Originally posted by TDLFAN
          Not a copout at all Twist... If you have ever been to TDS, you would understand why this TOT is so ornated...the rest of the park is Disney's most accomplished THEMED park, where details are so elaborate and lavish...building a TOT like the ones at MGM and DCA's would be taking a step back in quality and would look terribly cheap in the middle of TDS's beyond theming and atmospheres. You will not understand this until you go vist TDS for yourself. After nearly 5 yrs of visiting this gem of a park, I am still amazed that I keep finding things I missed seeing before!!! IT IS THAT GOOD!
          No, I am totally cool with how utterly awesome TDS's ToT is, but I think if anyone made the argument that MGM's version and DCA's version ISN'T that ornate because they don't have to be is just too much of a copout. I have nothing against TDS or its Tower, and I agree, both the MGM and DCA's Towers would look horrible in its place, my point was mainly answering the person saying that the ToT's were catered to fit the area of the park they were in. The reason I feel that is a copout is because both DCA and MGM essentially got "new" park areas to put the ToTs into.

          Comment


          • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

            Originally posted by tloolgb
            No, I don't think the Yeti strobe effect is a cheap way to support lack of maintenance...but the Yeti si huge, he is awesome, and if he was to be still the ride would just be a dissapointment. While he still has bugs they have a backup plan to not close and ruin the ride...it just isnt as thrilling as when he reaches out for you!
            I'm surprised you all immediately blame the Yeti AA breakdowns to "lack of maintenance" when the Yeti is a relatively new and extremely complicated machine. Of course it's gonna have breakdowns! Don't go blindly accusing the company of quality oversight. They already give you something unique and large and still all you do is complain.

            Comment


            • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              What else is new?
              Hehehe:razz:
              Oh and the whole earthquake thing, what? It's an amusement park, you want to punish the biggest city in the world for an American's preference of their theme park to ours? I know you probably didn't mean it but....come on!
              Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                Hehehe:razz:
                Oh and the whole earthquake thing, what? It's an amusement park, you want to punish the biggest city in the world for an American's preference of their them park to ours? I know you probably didn't mean it but....come on!
                Using the term "amusement park" to describe TDR just doesn't seem right to me. You could however use it to describe the tacky DCA.
                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                Comment


                • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                  Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
                  I'm surprised you all immediately blame the Yeti AA breakdowns to "lack of maintenance" when the Yeti is a relatively new and extremely complicated machine. Of course it's gonna have breakdowns! Don't go blindly accusing the company of quality oversight. They already give you something unique and large and still all you do is complain.
                  Are you referring to me?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                    Originally posted by tloolgb
                    Are you referring to me?
                    no, the people you were responding to when you said that.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                      Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                      Using the term "amusement park" to describe TDR just doesn't seem right to me. You could however use it to describe the tacky DCA.
                      Just to let you know because I like being particular when it comes to what you can and can't call something, a theme park, by definition, IS an amusement park, however an amusement park is not a theme park. By definitions, of course. Actually, by the definition I found of amusement park (A commercially operated enterprise that offers rides, games, and other forms of entertainment.-American Heritage Dictionary) most of the Disney parks could also be called amusement parks, because of things like the Pizza Planet Arcade, Dinorama, Penny Arcade, Shooting Arcade, etc.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                        Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                        Using the term "amusement park" to describe TDR just doesn't seem right to me. You could however use it to describe the tacky DCA.
                        Yeah it is a little weird. When you compare TDR to what the rest of the world would call an amusement park, there's no comparison. Amusement was just the word that popped into my head, theme park is more appropriate.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                          Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
                          Yeah it is a little weird. When you compare TDR to what the rest of the world would call an amusement park, there's no comparison. Amusement was just the word that popped into my head, theme park is more appropriate.
                          TDR doesn't even look or feel like an amusement park or a theme park, it feels like its own little world, like a mini landmark of sorts.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                            Originally posted by askmike1
                            The yeti is the most powerful AA ever made (it requires the same force as a 747 jet). It is also one of the most advanced. Anything with those aspects is bound to break once in a while.
                            More then Kong in the Universal Attractions?

                            Even bigger then the monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

                            How about the giant Ursala head from Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Lagoon Theater?

                            Bigger then the genie in Sinbad?

                            Bigger then the dragons in the castles in Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

                            The Yeti looks nice, certainly the nicest AA in a US Disney Park, but find it hard to believe it's the biggest, best AA figure in the world. If it in fact is, why in the world would they have you rush by it sooooooo fast? I'd really like to have someone answer this.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                              Originally posted by kayoss
                              More then Kong in the Universal Attractions?

                              Even bigger then the monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

                              How about the giant Ursala head from Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Lagoon Theater?

                              Bigger then the genie in Sinbad?

                              Bigger then the dragons in the castles in Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

                              The Yeti looks nice, certainly the nicest AA in a US Disney Park, but find it hard to believe it's the biggest, best AA figure in the world. If it in fact is, why in the world would they have you rush by it sooooooo fast? I'd really like to have someone answer this.
                              TDLFan has said he doesn't feel it is as large as the Lava Monster, but the Yeti is supposed to be the largest AA in the world. And you really do not rush by it very fast. You are given a fair amount of time to see it and enjoy it.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                Originally posted by kayoss
                                More then Kong in the Universal Attractions?

                                Even bigger then the monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

                                How about the giant Ursala head from Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Lagoon Theater?

                                Bigger then the genie in Sinbad?

                                Bigger then the dragons in the castles in Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

                                The Yeti looks nice, certainly the nicest AA in a US Disney Park, but find it hard to believe it's the biggest, best AA figure in the world. If it in fact is, why in the world would they have you rush by it sooooooo fast? I'd really like to have someone answer this.
                                It might not be the biggest AA in terms of height, but it is by far the most powerful AA of all time and one of the most advanced. The yeti has the same amount of power as a 747 jet! It is so powerful that it is on a seperate structure than the mountain and coaster (if it was on the same structure as the mountain, the force and vibrations of it would be enough to shake the mountain enough to do some serious damage. So yes, it is the most powerful & one of the most advanced AAs ever made.
                                “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

                                Comment


                                • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                  I think we rush by it so fast because it's hard to place it otherwise on a coaster. Now while I think the speed that you pass it with is acceptable, it does kind of bum me that it comes at the END of the ride....hrmm...

                                  Comment


                                  • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                    Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
                                    I think we rush by it so fast because it's hard to place it otherwise on a coaster. Now while I think the speed that you pass it with is acceptable, it does kind of bum me that it comes at the END of the ride....hrmm...
                                    I don't know... you're stopped for an awfully long amount of time when you see that projected animation of the yeti ripping the track apart. You get to see the Lava Monster in TDS's Journey for much longer then you get to see Everest's Yeti. Just makes me suspicious, that's all.

                                    Comment


                                    • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                      Originally posted by kayoss
                                      I don't know... you're stopped for an awfully long amount of time when you see that projected animation of the yeti ripping the track apart.
                                      The only reason the coaster stops for the yeti animation is because the track is switching (from going backwards to going fowards). The animation is just a clever way to hide that switch.
                                      “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                        There's new pictures at the www.jtcent.com you'll know where to go, I've posted these who knows how many times.

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

                                          Haha I was thinking new photos of the Lava Monster since this is where the thread went... ) nope, new ToT photos...

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X