This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisneySeaFan
    started a topic Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html
    Read up on the awesome story. I can't wait!

• TheManator
    replied
    Re: Tower of Terror story revealed!!!

I still think this tower, like the rest, have too much dead space.
    Why not put secondary attractions into this? With the size and all, it hardly seems fit to just put the shafts and the queue in here...

Leave a comment:

• stitcharielsinbad
    replied

this is going to be a hell of a tower, especially with that "breaking glass" effect, you can see it on picture 266.

Leave a comment:

• Pluto94
    replied

The tower looks really beautiful. I really like the coat of arms in picture 269.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Yeah, I know, I know, we need to stay on topic! Yeah I always post the jtcent info in this one, that's how I started the thread.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Haha I was thinking new photos of the Lava Monster since this is where the thread went... ) nope, new ToT photos...

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

There's new pictures at the www.jtcent.com you'll know where to go, I've posted these who knows how many times.

Leave a comment:

• TheDisneyInquisitor
    replied

Originally posted by kayoss
    I don't know... you're stopped for an awfully long amount of time when you see that projected animation of the yeti ripping the track apart.
    The only reason the coaster stops for the yeti animation is because the track is switching (from going backwards to going fowards). The animation is just a clever way to hide that switch.

Leave a comment:

• kayoss
    replied

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I think we rush by it so fast because it's hard to place it otherwise on a coaster. Now while I think the speed that you pass it with is acceptable, it does kind of bum me that it comes at the END of the ride....hrmm...
    I don't know... you're stopped for an awfully long amount of time when you see that projected animation of the yeti ripping the track apart. You get to see the Lava Monster in TDS's Journey for much longer then you get to see Everest's Yeti. Just makes me suspicious, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Twist_of_Fate
    replied

I think we rush by it so fast because it's hard to place it otherwise on a coaster. Now while I think the speed that you pass it with is acceptable, it does kind of bum me that it comes at the END of the ride....hrmm...

Leave a comment:

• TheDisneyInquisitor
    replied

More then Kong in the Universal Attractions?

Even bigger then the monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

How about the giant Ursala head from Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Lagoon Theater?

Bigger then the genie in Sinbad?

Bigger then the dragons in the castles in Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland?

The Yeti looks nice, certainly the nicest AA in a US Disney Park, but find it hard to believe it's the biggest, best AA figure in the world. If it in fact is, why in the world would they have you rush by it sooooooo fast? I'd really like to have someone answer this.
    It might not be the biggest AA in terms of height, but it is by far the most powerful AA of all time and one of the most advanced. The yeti has the same amount of power as a 747 jet! It is so powerful that it is on a seperate structure than the mountain and coaster (if it was on the same structure as the mountain, the force and vibrations of it would be enough to shake the mountain enough to do some serious damage. So yes, it is the most powerful & one of the most advanced AAs ever made.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Even bigger then the monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

How about the giant Ursala head from Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Lagoon Theater?

The Yeti looks nice, certainly the nicest AA in a US Disney Park, but find it hard to believe it's the biggest, best AA figure in the world. If it in fact is, why in the world would they have you rush by it sooooooo fast? I'd really like to have someone answer this.
    TDLFan has said he doesn't feel it is as large as the Lava Monster, but the Yeti is supposed to be the largest AA in the world. And you really do not rush by it very fast. You are given a fair amount of time to see it and enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• kayoss
    replied

Originally posted by askmike1
    The yeti is the most powerful AA ever made (it requires the same force as a 747 jet). It is also one of the most advanced. Anything with those aspects is bound to break once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• stitcharielsinbad
    replied

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
    Yeah it is a little weird. When you compare TDR to what the rest of the world would call an amusement park, there's no comparison. Amusement was just the word that popped into my head, theme park is more appropriate.
    TDR doesn't even look or feel like an amusement park or a theme park, it feels like its own little world, like a mini landmark of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
    Using the term "amusement park" to describe TDR just doesn't seem right to me. You could however use it to describe the tacky DCA.
    Yeah it is a little weird. When you compare TDR to what the rest of the world would call an amusement park, there's no comparison. Amusement was just the word that popped into my head, theme park is more appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Twist_of_Fate
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
    Using the term "amusement park" to describe TDR just doesn't seem right to me. You could however use it to describe the tacky DCA.
    Just to let you know because I like being particular when it comes to what you can and can't call something, a theme park, by definition, IS an amusement park, however an amusement park is not a theme park. By definitions, of course. Actually, by the definition I found of amusement park (A commercially operated enterprise that offers rides, games, and other forms of entertainment.-American Heritage Dictionary) most of the Disney parks could also be called amusement parks, because of things like the Pizza Planet Arcade, Dinorama, Penny Arcade, Shooting Arcade, etc.

Leave a comment:

• stitcharielsinbad
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb
    Are you referring to me?
    no, the people you were responding to when you said that.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Originally posted by stitcharielsinbad
    I'm surprised you all immediately blame the Yeti AA breakdowns to "lack of maintenance" when the Yeti is a relatively new and extremely complicated machine. Of course it's gonna have breakdowns! Don't go blindly accusing the company of quality oversight. They already give you something unique and large and still all you do is complain.
    Are you referring to me?

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
    Hehehe:razz:
    Oh and the whole earthquake thing, what? It's an amusement park, you want to punish the biggest city in the world for an American's preference of their them park to ours? I know you probably didn't mean it but....come on!

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    What else is new?
    Hehehe:razz:
    Oh and the whole earthquake thing, what? It's an amusement park, you want to punish the biggest city in the world for an American's preference of their theme park to ours? I know you probably didn't mean it but....come on!
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X