X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Halloween and A La Carte 2008

Originally posted by ichigopara View Post
    Yeah, I think there are more chances to run into characters now which is really fun especially to see what costumes they come up with for the areas. I especially love the new Minnie costume for Lost River Delta but the line is very long! You have to remember also that if you are looking at my pictures it might just look like there is many characters because at TDS we don't do that many attractions and usually just wander around if we are by ourselves so we run into characters.

I disagree with you about keeping Table is Waiting after A La Carte though because what makes the show so nice is not just the quality of it and how fun it is but that it is a part of that event and really adds to it. It would be nice to get a replacement for Over the Waves though because while it's fun they could definately do better imo.
    Well I have spent a lot of time in this park in the past and this is the first time I have ever seen some of these characters out and about. Thats not to say these were never around during my trip, but it appears to be that way. But than again that park is so big and complicated to navigate that you would probarely never notice these characters out unless you walk by them by chance.

I do agree that replacing Over the Waves with Your Table is Waiting is not the real answer here and would take away from the A La Carte event, but I just can't help but think its wrong to take what appears to be a popular stage show and replace it with a show that no one seems to view very highly in Over the Waves.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
      Was there last week. Best Disney Resort on earth.
      A post worth repeating.

Comment

If you are going to wait for a character in one of its established spots, like the front of the park (or Duffy's Halloween spot in DisneySea) then the line is going to be very long. However, the characters do walk around. I saw lots of up close interaction with various princesses and the Pinocchio group just behind the Castle in Tokyo Disneyland. No line: people were just gathered around, well behaved, and taking their turns without big waits. (And it was busy, let me tell you!)
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

It doesn't look like Joe will be uploading A Table is Waiting to his YouTube channel, and given other real life resonsibilities (and unexpected issues), I haven't had time to look up video of the show.

Anyone here have any links to recommendations? Preferibly ones with good audio and a nice capture of the entire scope of the show?
          WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Great pictures! Very detail report!
            Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

I don't mean to necro this thread, but I finally got some time on my hands to catch up on all the TDR events I have yet to see on video.

And I have to say A Table is Waiting is quite the impressive little show. The video I found was a multi-angle edit, and not one where the film maker didn't know what they were doing. Each shot looked professionally composed.

I just wish I saw the show before Halloween when it ended, as I'm sure I would have been wanting to find the soundtrack for it. I bet that's been sold out for a while now.

Does anyone know if Joe will update his site with this show for download, even if only for a few weeks? I'd love to add this to my collection of TDR video I've been keeping on my external hard drive.

Comment

^ Do you have a link to the video you watched? I'd love to see a semi-professionally-edited video.
                "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                  ^ Do you have a link to the video you watched? I'd love to see a semi-professionally-edited video.
                  Part 1 - YouTube - A Table is waiting ★part1
                  Part 2 - YouTube - A Table is waiting ★part2
                  Part 3 - YouTube - A Table is waiting ★part3

Comment

Well.. you also have to give credit when due... as the shows at TDR are so wonderful, even crappy videos look great!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X