X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disneysea best disney park ever?

Originally posted by Another Voice View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens.
    The words "bankruptcy" and "foreclosure" come to my mind (especially after skimming over the DCA fix update on the home page).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Another Voice View Post
      It's actually a lot more cynical than that. Disneyland has a huge local population base to draw from. Disney knew they had lost most of that during The Dark Decades, the push to 'Resort' and the insulting-to-Californians California Adventure. The '50th Birthday' was an effort to get that local audience back with a minimum of expense. Selling freshly painted memories is a lot cheaper than building new rides. And for the most part it worked...for a while. The core "quality" at Disneyland hasn't really changed all that much (eat at 'The Blue Bayou' and you'll see) and attendance is falling again.

Walt Disney World is different. They have to sell a five thousand dollar vacation to Joe Sixpack. That was pretty easy to do when you could put twice your home's value on a credit card and run it up to the limit. Then silly ideas like free churros or discounted all-you-can-snog dining programs worked. But these days Disney will have to deeply "wow" people to get them to drop so much money on a vacation.

That's going to take a lot of investment on Disney's part. The Company hasn't shown any desire to do that. Instead they've taken to trying to squeeze more pennies out of everyone's wallet - from cheap gimmicks like 'PhotoPass' to crass moneygrabs like 'Pirates and Princesses' by-another-ticket-to-the-same-park-you-just-visited scams.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
      Very well written post and I won't argue it. Your last paragragh is what bothers me the most about the WDC's current of mind, and reason why I advocate better quality at WDW. However... in reality, is anyone paying 5 grands to visit WDW now a days? Is Joe Sixpack (who is a distant relative of Joe the Plummer) can really afford a $5,000 vacation to WDW?
      Still... it would be nice to see Disney "wow" their guests the way I was wowed this past week at TDR. But going back to Joe Sixpack.. (I like that!).. the type of visitors coming to WDW seem to be "wowed" by the most menial of things... like Jonbennet boutiques and fireworks shows that last over 5 mins in lenght, or even frozen treats in Adventureland, and worst.. mediocre attractions like Stitch's Great Fiasco or the Monsters Inc Laughable club. (Just this week there is a whole topic dedicated to Stitch's show in the WDW section, which makes this show look like the 2nd coming of the World). That is the reason why Disney Co does not try anymore.

Comment

I'm just waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot here in the states. Something tells me I'll be waiting for a long time for that to happen, however.

Comment

You cannot spend a regular day (15 mins stand by line max) in Tokyo DisneySea and not think it is the best THEME (and I stress the THEME) park in the world, then you think that nothing can beat a good magic kingdom and it has to go after Disneyland Parc, Magic Kingdom and le Parc Disneyland. But still, the Disney Jewel nickname suits it just fine !

It may not be owned by Disney, but it has been build by Disney, and OLC most important priority is to stick to what Imagineers may have suggested them how to manage it.

What Tokyo Disneyland may lack in term of Magic, DisneySea gets it only by its design. It is I think, in term of placemaking and crowd management the the best designed Disney Park in the world. That may be because it is the most recent "well budgeted" Disney park.

PS : i was there 3 years ago and then again 3 DAYS ago. It is still the Disney Jewel !
          Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

I never thought I'd see the words "well budgeted" being used to describe a Disney Park in my lifetime... but in this case, that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Actually, that's not a fair question.... IMHO, (and many others) it is the best *theme* park, period, at this time. The only thing close is the original DL.

Comment

It appears to be the best theme park period and I haven't even been there yet!! (February '09!!!!)
                My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Originally posted by disneyboi92 View Post
                  Is Tokyo Disney Sea the best disney park ever?
                  Yes. I would have to agree that Tokyo Disney Sea is the best example of what the Disney Company is capable of. It is a simply stunning park. As a Disneyland local, I prefer Disneyland to any of the other Magic Kingdom parks, but Disney Sea is a whole level above Disneyland in quality, attention to detail, scale, and impressiveness (in my opinion).

That isn't to say that Tokyo Disney Sea is perfect. It is a few attractions short of critical mass, but darn close to perfection. I have been to Tokyo Disney Sea twice. I can't wait to go back! It is pure magic.

-Dusty
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                  Save

Comment

Thank for adding your comments Dusty dear. It's always nice to see you commenting on TDR's virtues, particularly because your views are right on and unbiased. And you are cute too.

Comment

Working...
                    X