This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Christmas Fantasy 08

I was reading the Christmas lineup for this year on resortathome.com and, it did not meantion a daytime Christmas Parade at all this year! is this true? Very shocking if it is true. Hopefully that info has not been posted yet or something....

Here is the link if anyone wants it.

Untitled Page

Re: Christmas Fantasy 08

Yes, that may be true.. HOpefully we'll get a big castle show instead.

Comment

Well, Stitch Presents "Happy Holiday Greetings" sounds like the miniparade from last year. The christmas parades of late have been mostly a redecorating of the day parade(Dreams on Parade) anyways(with other floats mixed in obviously). Since jubilation will still be running they might just call it a day with that.

And the page does say a castle show is coming.

Originally posted by resortathome.com
      Mickey's Jolly Snow Time
      Castle Forecourt Stage / Three Performances per day
      The Christmas castle show is back in the year, Tokyo Disney Resort 25th anniversary. Mickey and his pals visit the Snow World to enjoy a winter holiday. Snowmen's dance and snow fairies' performance will be seen there.

Comment

I'm looking forward to a castle show as well- I need more than just a Twinkle moment!

Comment

I will take the Stitch Greeting thru the parade route over not having a parade at all.
          Again.. let's take note here that TDL is doing a lot more than what we get at other parks.. Apparently a new castle show, greeting, Xmas overlay at 3 different rides, several Xmas versions of of few of the shows thru the park... other special streetmosphere entertainment... I wish the MK did half as much for the money they charge guests for the Xmas party in december!!!

Comment

I would assume, unfortunately, that the only track, or main track, that will be on this years CD will be this new castle show? I personally do not like shows at TDL for the reason being that 99% of them are not all in english and its so hard to understand whats even going on or being said. The parades are the same I know but at least you can overlook some of the character speaking and still kinda figure out whats going on.

Comment

That does not bother me at all... maybe because I am used to the cantonese and french at the other parks, and in regards to WDW? the spanglish. So japanese soundtracks for shows do not bother me. Besides, they are aimed to the local fans who are the ones bringing in the dough on a constant basis.

Comment

With the bench seating, it looks like the Castle Forecourt Stage show is a lottery ticketing event, but I can't find any specific reference to this on the official website. Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

It is a lottery system once again. I only scored one day out of four, but the day I did get seats it was in row 4 of the front section!

Standing area viewing is pretty good for this show because the stage is so huge. Only problem here is that you have to stand and wait one hour or so if you want a good spot.

Comment

Stand ans wait for an hour? That's actually a very short time to wait for any TDL show.

Comment

I got tickets for the show as well and loved it. The music was all in English and the characters spoke in Japanese. The Stitch Christmas event thing was the most horrid excuse for entertainment I have ever seen TDL put out. It consisted of Stitch & Angel in a float, a large moving tree and about 12 dancers. I unfortunately waited almost 2 hours to sit through a 2 minute event.

Comment

Castle Show is a great idea this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
                          I got tickets for the show as well and loved it. The music was all in English and the characters spoke in Japanese. The Stitch Christmas event thing was the most horrid excuse for entertainment I have ever seen TDL put out. It consisted of Stitch & Angel in a float, a large moving tree and about 12 dancers. I unfortunately waited almost 2 hours to sit through a 2 minute event.
                          That is what happens when you do not take the time to learn about the shows' formats before hand. We have known for the longest time that this Stitch thingy was just as quick greeting/photo op and not a full parade. Anyone here could have told you to just stand by the parade route minutes before it was to start. This type of quick greeting parade has been done at TDL before, and this is also what the Rainy Day Parade is... a very quick chance to see the characters and snap a photo. My suggestion is.. next time, ask anyone here or a CM at the park for show details so you do not make the same mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            That is what happens when you do not take the time to learn about the shows' formats before hand. We have known for the longest time that this Stitch thingy was just as quick greeting/photo op and not a full parade. Anyone here could have told you to just stand by the parade route minutes before it was to start. This type of quick greeting parade has been done at TDL before, and this is also what the Rainy Day Parade is... a very quick chance to see the characters and snap a photo. My suggestion is.. next time, ask anyone here or a CM at the park for show details so you do not make the same mistake.
                            I don't think everyone here knew what the Stitch Greeting cavalcade would be like. When the parade length of ~35 minutes was quoted, it was quite misleading. I was there during the first week, and I did not know exactly what to expect. I heard warnings that it would be a shorter parade, but the question was, well, exactly how short would it be? Would it have a show stop? I was expecting something longer than the previous year's pre-parade. If I wasn't so busy seeing characters, I would have waited to see the Stitch cavalcade. But it just happened to be passing by once on a busy Sunday afternoon, and based on a quick survey, it appeared really short and recycled. I felt sorry for the people who had lined up an hour before.

Now let's say you were to ask a TDL Cast Member what the Stitch Greeting was. Would they specifically tell you NOT to wait a long time to see it? I would expect any TDL CM to speak positively of it. And when they don't speak the best English, getting a clear explaination can be a bit difficult.

Comment

No different really than waiting 2 hours to see the bolt preparade and being disappointed because you didn't ask what it was beforehand. The CM won't tell you it's a POS that isn't worth your time, but bad english or not you should be able to ask if it's really short or not and understand an answer.

Comment

Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

*is ashamed* Didn't know there even was a Stitch greeting this year. I was expecting their usual, no-holds-barred Christmas parade that is different in both design and soundtrack from last year's offering.
                                  WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

How come I am not seeing the soundtrack on sale at yesasia or playasia.com? Kind of odd, Saw it on Amazon of course for a ridiculous price. Usualy playasia has stuff listed right away when it is released. Unless it is listed and I am not seeing it.

Comment

The soundtrack just got released and I bought my copies at the park. I wish HKDL had a soundtrack album out.. as I am going there today.

Comment

Wish I was able to just go to the park and buy it lol. So I guess Amazon is the only place that is going to be selling the soundtracks, at least for now.
                                        Last edited by DFL86; 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X