This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News TDS New Attraction

The long-rumored Turtle Talk with Crush is going to open next year at TDS.
    It'll be located inside the S.S. Columbia ship.

Link:http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20081029_01e.pdf

Re: TDS New Attraction

Will it be the same show as the other 3?

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMoose View Post
      And so it starts, OLC just ruined DisneySea even DisneySea is not immune to Disney Living Character initiative.

NEWS JUST IN FROM JAPAN: High School Musical on tour will start to play daily in the Lost River Delta part of TDS with a High School Jungle field trip theme!

Comment

Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
        And so it starts, OLC just ruined DisneySea even DisneySea is not immune to Disney Living Character initiative.
        Just curious, what do you not like about the Living Character initiative?
        And in what way do you think this ruins TDS? (I can think of several.... just not sure which of these you're implying)

Comment

Awesome
          "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

I have nothing against it, but why shoe horn Nemo into the New York themed area. I can only hope this is themed to fit the area.

Comment

lame attraction. oh well, they can't all be winners.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

For TDS' standards... yes it is quite lame.

Originally posted by MickeyMoose View Post
                Most probably...I mean, there is not much you can do with that. It's just a TV show.

Comment

Seems a very odd place for it...I mean they should have found a way to fit it in to the Little Mermaid area somewhere.
                  My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I agree with you. I do not like the location at all... but then again, OLC may not see fit for this type of show to merit building a new facility for it... and I think Crush is coming there as a 'test'.

Comment

its nothing new that OLC wants characters in TDS they have been pushing for them since day one even most if not all its shows have characters involved. I do find the location a bit strange though.

Comment

I don't mind the area so much, but it does seem a strange location. If the ship were a military ship instead of a cruiseliner I'd understand it more. They could say they were using new military radar and had found a way to talk with turtles, but I'm not certain how it will fit in with the cruise ship ideal.

I definitely wouldn't call it a crappy attraction. It's cute for a C-ticket type attraction and the kids do love it. I as a parent even enjoy it and find myself laughing so I don't mind the attraction, but this area does seem strange. The only place its been put where it really seems to work well is in Epcot where it makes sense that we'd find him under the sea.

Comment

Inside Columbia? :| Odd place to put it. I was hoping for a new ride in Lost River Delta, in the corner.

Comment

I think the Cape Cod area would be better for a "Nemo" attraction. I know, I know, Nemo is supposed to be in Australia...but still I think the architecture in the Cape Cod section is a decent fit. They could have themed one of the buildings there as a seaside aquarium, with Turtle Talk inside. Having water in the middle of the Columbia doesn't make sense...unless it's supposed to be a really big window below sea-level (and even this logic wouldn't pan out if the screen was located in the middle of the deck).

I understand DisneySea's desire for smaller rides to balance out the grander ones, and it was always just a matter of time before this popular interactive screen technology made it to Tokyo. Nonetheless, this is the second element...after "Raging Spirits"...that feels like an afterthought in an otherwise meticulously crafted environment.
                            Last edited by tasman; 10-31-2008, 05:52 PM.
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Someone told me there would be two weeks of previews with surveys for this attraction in June. I wonder if OLC is nervous about introducing such a cheap attraction and thats why they are doing the surveys.

I never felt any need to try it in FL when we were living there and am not really excited about it coming to TDS. I guess if my mothers group goes I'll try it once but it doesn't sound interesting to me. At least raging spirits fits the area and has a fun concept and nice queue area. It's a short attraction and could be better but it's fun, uses the small space well and adds atmosphere to the area.
                              Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Originally posted by ichigopara View Post
                                I never felt any need to try it in FL when we were living there and am not really excited about it coming to TDS. I guess if my mothers group goes I'll try it once but it doesn't sound interesting to me.
                                For the kind of show it is, Turtle Talk is quite good...the kids enjoy it a lot...and the adults enjoy watching the kids. So it's not like DisneySea would be getting a poor attraction, although I don't know how effective Crush's accent is in Japanese (do Japanese surfer-dudes have an accent?). It's just that the context in this case isn't an ideal setting for the show. At any rate, this attraction doesn't come with any heavy infrastructure, so it will be easy to remove at a future date, when its time has passed.
                                Last edited by tasman; 10-31-2008, 09:08 PM.
                                Down with the Hat

Comment

I think OLC wants to test out how popular is this type of attraction at the Tokyo parks. If it brings success, maybe they'll get Stitch Encounter at TDL like HKDL.

Comment

Originally posted by iluvHKDL View Post
                                    I think OLC wants to test out how popular is this type of attraction at the Tokyo parks. If it brings success, maybe they'll get Stitch Encounter at TDL like HKDL.
                                    and why would they do that? stitch already has the tiki room attraction.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by malice View Post
                                      and why would they do that? stitch already has the tiki room attraction.
                                      Plain and Simple. The Japanese pretty much adore Stitch.

Comment

^^ I always thought that Stitch Encounter is a natural fit for TDL, given the popularity of the character. So it is surprising they chose Turtle Talk instead of Stitch Encounter (maybe they were worried about too much Stitch?). But I doubt OLC would go to the trouble of setting up this attraction just as a test-run for Stitch Encounter. DisneySea is great for major rides, but does lack smaller secondary rides to flesh out the park, especially where younger guests are concerned. Turtle Talk helps to that end.
                                        Last edited by tasman; 11-01-2008, 10:38 PM.
                                        Down with the Hat

Comment

Working...
                                        X