• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDS New Attraction

The Press release straight from OLC:

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20081029_01e.pdf

Comment

Thank you TDLFAN, but the link was already provided in the original post.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Oh sorry. I forgot reading it.

Comment

Crush is a sea turtle.

Sea turtles live in the ocean.

The S.S. Columbia is an ocean liner that is sitting in the water. If you go below the water level and cut a window in the side of the hull, you might see ocean life. In this case, you WILL see ocean life

What doesn't make sense about that?

As far as poo-pooing the show itself, it's an amazing and popular show--and kids love it to death. Not every attraction has to be a $100 million dollar E-ticket to be enjoyable.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Well, Crush is from the Great Barrier Reef region in Australia. S.S. Columbia is docked alongside American Waterfront on the Eastern Seaboard. How does Crush navigate from the far corners of the South Pacific Ocean halfway around the world to the North Atlantic? And more importantly, how is that even possible for a sea turtle?
            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
              Crush is a sea turtle.

Sea turtles live in the ocean.

The S.S. Columbia is an ocean liner that is sitting in the water. If you go below the water level and cut a window in the side of the hull, you might see ocean life. In this case, you WILL see ocean life

What doesn't make sense about that?
              How many sea turtles that size would willingly swim that close to a peir, let alone a docked ship, with no beach in sight to lay their eggs? But now we are splitting hairs, so I'll just state my (wrong) opinion and move on.

I agree that if TDS wants this attraction, the need to put it in a better location. While I understand what they are trying to do with the SS Columbia by putting an attraction in there to bring more people on to the ship, I don't feel that this is the right attraction. At the same time, I have no idea what wold be a better attraction to put in there right now. The Mermaid Lagoon would be a nice spot for Crush, seeing how both Nemo and The Little Mermaid are in such close proximity to each other already in TDL's parades. Plus it makes more sense given the theming of talking fish to have Crush there.

However, I feel like we are going down the same road we went down with Monsters in Tomorrowland. OLC showed how they can at least make the show building work with the area where the themes fade into each other, while WDW showed us what not to do. That said, WDW does have a more theme-appropriate place for Turtle Talk, so who knows what may happen now.
              WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Don't worry, the next attraction will be following the same trend of moving in Pixar attractions from other parks into TDS. Actually it will even be in the same area.....you know they could use a funhouse type 4D attraction with maybe a spring action shooter right near Tower maybe? YES IT IS COMING!
                Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Working...
                X