This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Captain EO Dream Squad?

Am I understanding these pictures correctly that Tokyo is having something similar to the "Dream Squad" right now, only they're dressed up as Captain Eo? Was this a one time thing?:P Was it even sponsored by Tokyo Disneyland or something from an outside party? It's awesome =D

http://wolffang.sakura.ne.jp/tdl/joyful.cgi

Re: Captain EO Dream Squad?

Wow. That guy looks a bit like Michael Jackson.

Oh, and I want that guy's Shiriki ears.

Comment

I think that it might have been for Halloween... and they wanted to be a Dream Squad? Those cards looks homemade. Cool pics and great costumes!
      <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

My first thought was Halloween and it's possible but I believe the picture was taken November 4th and halloween stuff is over.

Comment

I so need that captain eo outfit!!! That's what i've wanted to be for halloween since like... forever! or 1986.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Nevermind I take that back it is from Halloween and it's just an older picture I guess cuz there's the guy in the WallE costume heh. That would've been flippin sweet if tokyo busted out the costume all on their own

Comment

Pretty sure it's still during the Halloween period; the previous day's blog entry still shows the Halloween Parade in all its glory.

Anyway, the "Dream Ticket" is a reference to the "Over the Waves" show from TDS. From what I can figure, there was a group cosplaying as the OtW cast, and they were passing out tickets to others. Hence Captain EO and Shiriki Utundu with tickets. I also like the pic: "randomly, an industrial waste processor robot helped fasten a head screw."

Comment

I want a little Fuzzball plushie! I always regretted never getting one back in the day.

Comment

It's from Halloween and the tickets are made to look like the ones from the DisneySea show which you can see the costumes for a few pictures down from the Captain EO pics! So cool!
                  Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Just to add something else... There is NO tacky "Year of Million Dreams" campaign at all at TDR. I think OLC does not have to lower themselves to crap like that just because the quality of the parks alone should carry them well financially. So no, what you saw there is an example of how elaborate some japanese fans can get when they dress up in costume for TDL's Halloween.

Also, the Shiriki Utundu ears is just one item in a very extensive Shiriki merchandise line now on sale at TDS.

Comment

There's a difference between being tacky and basing your entire nation-wide promotional campaign on the chance that you might show up and win a "dream" and just having random prizes given out as part of another more grander promotion. I wasn't implying they were doing anything tacky and the OLC does not have to lower itself to constantly reminding people of how much better their parks are than the ones in the U.S. they can let the quality of their parks speak for themselves, and so should you.

Comment

TDLFAN, what other kinds of Shiriki merch do they have? I'm just curious. He is one freaky looking character.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          I want a little Fuzzball plushie! I always regretted never getting one back in the day.
                          I got one on ebay a few months back for $25... complete with original tags!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

[quote=almandot;3236516]I wasn't implying they were doing anything tacky and the OLC does not have to lower itself to constantly reminding people of how much better their parks are than the ones in the U.S.
                            At no moment did I think you were implying anything. The fact that I find the "Million of year dreams" campaign tacky is my opinion on it, and that comment was not meant for you to get all defensive about.

they can let the quality of their parks speak for themselves, and so should you.
                            If I did that, then ignorance about TDR and OLC's standards would continue to be rampant among US fans. I am here to remind people that Disney can and should do better and for that, I won't apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                              I got one on ebay a few months back for $25... complete with original tags!
                              Tees, hats, lightup toys, towels, cellphone straps, pendants, bobbleheads, pens, paper based items..(postcards, stationary).. etc etc

Comment

You know, I remember seeing the Fuzzballs in the stores at the time of Captain EO, and they didn't seem very well made--this one in the photos is adorable! I totally want one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X