This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Dec-Jan TDR trip!

Well, in a completely spontaneous move, I look like I'm going to be in Tokyo from December 22 through to January 3, or thereabouts.

No doubt the parks will be crowded, and this will be my first trip there. Trial by fire, I guess!

Would it be advisable to get tickets in advance? What is the deal with the multi-day passes - is there a "park hopper" option, or is it strictly one park, per ticket, per day?

Hope this all works out, and thanks for any friendly advice.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Re: Dec-Jan TDR trip!

Loomis!!! You are going to TDR!!! Yay!!!

Quick answers to your questions..

1) YES, the parks will be extremely crowded on those days and it is advisable to buy dated tickets in advance asap. Those days will see the end of both parks' respective Xmas events and then there will be the Countdown party nights and those are extremely crowded and popular nights, and special tickets may be needed for some of those nights. At least that was the case last year.
    2) the deal with the mulitday passports.... the 1-day and 2-day tickets do not allow park hopping. You have to buy a 3 or 4-day passport and you will be allowed to park hop ONLY on the 3rd and 4th day. Also remember... you have to visit on consecutive days, which is another catch. You must also choose what you want to do with the first 2 days of the pass... meaning, tell the CM at the time of purchase if you want to do TDL one day and TDS the other, or either park for two days before parkhopping the 3rd and 4th days... Sometime "after 3pm" and "After 6pm" passes are available but I am not sure if they will be available on those days... Check the TDR site for specific info.

Comment

You have to visit on consecutive days? You can't take a day off?

Comment

Thanks for the help, TDLFAN. I knew you'd have some useful advice!

I'll definitely be in Tokyo for Xmas/NY (just booked my flight), and I'll be staying with a mate (which saves me lots of money on accomodation, yay!)

I'll look into buying those dated tickets as you suggest, although I'll have to tee up with my friend when he is able to go if he wants to come with.

Have to bring an extra big suitcase for all the Hello Kitty merchandise my girlfriend will no doubt be putting an order in for...
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
          I'll look into buying those dated tickets as you suggest, although I'll have to tee up with my friend when he is able to go if he wants to come with.
          Want some more good advise? LOOSE THE FRIEND and visit alone. Having someone come along on a busy day, especially for a fan of your caliber, would be disastrous. There is way too much to do with so little time and with such huge crowds. You need to move fast and furiously to do as much as possible. Would your friend be up for that task? I mean.. getting there by 7am and queueing to enter the park with several thousand guests and then staying until 10pm when the park close.... and STILL you will NOT be able to see 3 quarters of the park's available entertainment. This is no HKDL I am affraid...

Have to bring an extra big suitcase for all the Hello Kitty merchandise my girlfriend will no doubt be putting an order in for...
          There is no hello Kitty stuff on sale at TDR. You can find Kitty stuff at your average mall or go to Sanrio Puroland 45 mins to the west of Tokyo in Tama.

Comment

Originally posted by easy View Post
            You have to visit on consecutive days? You can't take a day off?
            No you can't. It has to be consecutive days. In a row. One after the other. Back to back. Yes siree.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Want some more good advise? LOOSE THE FRIEND and visit alone.
              It had occurred to me. Though he is one of the few people I know who would actually love crazy rides.

There is no hello Kitty stuff on sale at TDR. You can find Kitty stuff at your average mall or go to Sanrio Puroland 45 mins to the west of Tokyo in Tama.
              Oh, I'm aware of this. I just know I'll have to bring some Hello Kitty stuff from somewhere in Tokyo or I'll lose more than the friend!

Thanks again!

Comment

Crazy rides at TDR? I think you are mistaking TDR for Sanrio Puroland...

Comment

it is advisable to buy dated tickets in advance asap. Those days will see the end of both parks' respective Xmas events and then there will be the Countdown party nights and those are extremely crowded and popular nights, and special tickets may be needed for some of those nights. At least that was the case last year.
                  How does one go about buying these dated tickets as you suggest?

Cheers
                  Loomis

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                    How does one go about buying these dated tickets as you suggest?

Cheers
                    Loomis
                    Go to any Disney Store in Japan, as they have a ticket station for TDR. I believe there is an online option but I do not know the specifics of it, or if it's only for japanese-resident use, or guests purchasing a vacation package including hotels.
                    You should know that even if tickets are sold you for any particular day, you can still get in the park. How? Windows open one hour before the park. Be there EARLY, and buy your ticket as soon as the ticket windows open, then wait in line to enter the park. As far as I know.. they only have a predetermined number of advanced-sale tickets available per day. They will NOT pre-sell tickets to capacity. Tickets will be sold at the window early in the morning, even if the day of your visit was sold out in advanced.

Comment

Go to any Disney Store in Japan, as they have a ticket station for TDR. I believe there is an online option but I do not know the specifics of it, or if it's only for japanese-resident use, or guests purchasing a vacation package including hotels.
                      You should know that even if tickets are sold you for any particular day, you can still get in the park. How? Windows open one hour before the park. Be there EARLY, and buy your ticket as soon as the ticket windows open, then wait in line to enter the park. As far as I know.. they only have a predetermined number of advanced-sale tickets available per day. They will NOT pre-sell tickets to capacity. Tickets will be sold at the window early in the morning, even if the day of your visit was sold out in advanced.
                      Super-fast and a super-font of information! Can't thank you enough, TDLFAN!

Maybe I'll actually start updating the Source now that my first session of my Masters is over!

Comment

Have a good time and I highly suggest getting tickets in advance

-DisneySeaFan

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySea_Fan View Post
                          Have a good time and I highly suggest getting tickets in advance

-DisneySeaFan
                          Taking both your and TDLFAN's advice, we've now got tickets for the 28th and 29th for Land and Sea. My excitement grows.

This will be my first trip to Japan, and to be honest Disney is almost a side-trip, but my good friend was convinced enough to take a 25th anniversary tour of the park. His consolation is that he, as a LA-born lad, remembers Space Mountain fondly.

Thanks again guys. Not long to go now!

Comment

Bring warm clothing! It can be very cold at the Tokyo Disney Resort since it's right on the ocean/bay and the wind can be brutal.
                            Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I just got back, and found out about the not-well-advertised single rider lines. It depends on the attraction, and how it's set up, but some of the disneysea rides offer that option (I don't think any at Disneyland do, but I didn't check as lines were bad there yesterday, thanks to some freezing cold rainy weather).

So if lines are really long and you guys want to save some time, or only one of you wants to go, ask a cast member at the queue, and they should be able to tell you if there is a single rider line. I didn't check at every ride, but 20,000 Leagues has one (walked straight on past a 60 minute line), Raging Spirits has one (the roller coaster, bypassed 90 minute line and waited about 10-15 minutes for a spot on the coaster behind other single riders), and Indiana Jones (but this one is tricky, because you have go through the stand-by line until about the last 30-35 minutes of queue time, if the full queue is being used, which it may well be; the line reached 3 hours one point right after the fp's ran out that day, and the single rider option wouldn't have been a much better option; I went right after the candlelight harbor show, however, and cut the 50 minutes wait to about 20.)

There aren't any others that I know of, but it can't hurt to check, and I didn't check at tower of terror b/c I rushed there, or Journey to the Center of the Earth (grabbed a fp second thing after the tot that morning). But lines build insanely fast, and fp's end up late in the night quickly, so it's a good idea to ride one of the more popular rides you want first thing and grab a fast pass for another one afterwards.

Oh yeah, and food lines for even walkup stands with one option can easily be up to 30 minutes from about 9:45 until 3:00. Then the lines just disappear (except nobody wanted ice cream or drinks). So I suggest eating something quick around 9:30 if you want it, and then waiting until after 3 to be able to eat without using a large chunk of time.

Have fun! Good luck!

Comment

If you go to TDS (wich one would have to be crazy to miss) could you see what is going on next to the Stormrider attraction? Is the wall on the walkway next to the ride building in Port Discovery still there?

Comment

Make sure you get the real tickets and not prebook tickets so that you wont have to exchange them for real ones at the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by princessannanicole View Post
                                    I just got back, and found out about the not-well-advertised single rider lines. It depends on the attraction, and how it's set up, but some of the disneysea rides offer that option (I don't think any at Disneyland do, but I didn't check as lines were bad there yesterday, thanks to some freezing cold rainy weather).
                                    No single rider lines at TDL yet. And in regards to TDS, the single lines are only administered on certain days and may not be available all of the time, reason why they do not advertise them as often, if at all.

Oh yeah, and food lines for even walkup stands with one option can easily be up to 30 minutes from about 9:45 until 3:00. Then the lines just disappear (except nobody wanted ice cream or drinks). So I suggest eating something quick around 9:30 if you want it, and then waiting until after 3 to be able to eat without using a large chunk of time.

Have fun! Good luck!
                                    Sounds like your typical day at TDR.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                                      Make sure you get the real tickets and not prebook tickets so that you wont have to exchange them for real ones at the parks.
                                      This is yet another reason I advise anyone going there to show up at the entrance very early... like 75 mins before opening time. If you have vouchers to exchange, do so when the ticket windows open one hour before park's opening time. Then you can get in a regular line an wait until the park open. part of the fun is seeing how the line grows bigger behind you as opening time approaches. Trust me, you will not be able to see the end of the line behind you. Hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                                      X