This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News TDL New Attraction

Finally, they get Mickey's Philharmagic.
    http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20081105_02e.pdf

Re: TDL New Attraction

Very sad to see MMR go.

Comment

What a shame. :-(
      Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
      https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

While it's nice to see the amazing Mickey's PhilharMagic, I am sad I'll never be able to see the Mickey Mouse Revue.

Comment

In one sense it's a shame, in another sense it's a perfect decision. Mickey's Philharmagic is a great attraction: an example of everything WDI can do that's right. People love it. It will be packed every show at Tokyo Disneyland.

The Mickey Mouse review is a badly dated show. That's not to say that I don't enjoy it--I do, but it is dated nevertheless. No matter how busy Tokyo Disneyland is, the theater is never more than half full and there's never a wait. The park is so busy, the company needs attractions that draw only small crowds to draw bigger crowds. With Monster's Inc. and Philharmagic opening, you'll see the lines for some of the other top rides creep down a bit to more reasonable waits. I hope.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I too will be sad to see MMR go. While in the minority it seems, I'm not a big fan MP--just don't find it all that interesting. But did love all the animatronics of the MMR. Luckily, I will be there just in time to get to enjoy it one more time before it closes.

Comment

I am not suprised to see this happening, the venue that holds the Mickey Mouse Revue is perfect for Mickey's Philharmagic. The original show is incredibly outdated and I have been pushing for Philharmagic to replace it for sometime now. I am sure this attraction has a loyal fanbase but sometimes change is good, and in this case it certainly is, as Mickey's Philharmagic is a much better attraction.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

awwww it is VERY sad to see it go
                Trips:
                DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
                WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
                DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
                TDL: July 2008, July 2010
                HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Comment

Phillar Magic coming to TDL

Phillar Magic is coming to TDL in 2011

It will replace Mickey Mouse Revue which will be closing May 25,2009

The total capital invested is 6 billion yen.
                  "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

Re: Phillar Magic coming to TDL

Thanks for sharing this information jackskeleton1015, but we already have a thread on this here http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-dis...ttraction.html

Can a Mod please merge the two threads together, thanks.
                    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

I still have to go to Tokyo to see Mickey Mouse Revue again!

NO! I WON'T ALLOW IT! I'm putting my foot down! It's can't leave Tokyo until I see it in person again!

Or... just ship MMR back to WDW. I prefer it to PhillharMagic.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

MMR is BETTER! AA's over stupid movies any day!

Comment

This is very sad indeed as for me, the MMR is one unique piece of the classic MK experience that is still alive from my early days at WDW.

Originally posted by Fukai
                          The Mickey Mouse review is a badly dated show. That's not to say that I don't enjoy it--I do, but it is dated nevertheless.
                          ..and still, I find seeing the AA figures on stage, especially at the finale, to be much more impressive than a 3D movie. Also, I do not find MMR to be any more dated than the Country Bear Jamboree... which is still going strong at 2 parks, and in the case of WDW, just got a sound system upgrade and other quick fixes.
                          The only aspect of the MMR that should have been replaced long ago was the pre-show movie, which screamed 1970, the the main show elements could have been updated overtime and the show could have remained fresh. But no...

Originally posted by Malin
                          I am not suprised to see this happening, the venue that holds the Mickey Mouse Revue is perfect for Mickey's Philharmagic.
                          I guess it only makes sense to me because the current location of MP at the MK is also the original location of the MMR at the MK back in 1971. So frankly? There was no other spot for MP at TDL.

Originally posted by Luke Manning
                          I am sad I'll never be able to see the Mickey Mouse Revue.
                          A shame indeed since this show was heavy on princesses tunes and AAs, which seems to be a part of your facination with Disney.

Originally posted by Aimster
                          NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
                          YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Well, I guess you have until May 2009 to go or else.

Comment

I was really hoping that they would just upgrade the show with new AAs and music, this is really disappointing. RIP MMR...and Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour still sits empty...

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

NO! I WON'T ALLOW IT! I'm putting my foot down! It's can't leave Tokyo until I see it in person again!

Or... just ship MMR back to WDW. I prefer it to PhillharMagic.
                              Go next year, Aimster.
                              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Predictable change.

So now...

Bring MMR back to MK!

Ship Philharmagic to DHS!
                                Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                  Well, I guess you have until May 2009 to go or else.
                                  Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                                  Go next year, Aimster.
                                  Either of you going to pay my way? I'm still unemployed. And don't tell me to find a job because I've been looking like you wouldn't believe and have gotten absolutely no bites. It SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                    ..and still, I find seeing the AA figures on stage, especially at the finale, to be much more impressive than a 3D movie. The only aspect of the MMR that should have been replaced long ago was the pre-show movie, which screamed 1970, the the main show elements could have been updated overtime and the show could have remained fresh. But no...
                                    I'm with you--I love AA. Movies, even 3-D ones are rapidly becoming kind of commonplace. I'm grateful I finally got to see it last April, since it was closed for refurbishment both the one time I was at WDW when it was there, and the first time I went to TDL. I even liked the pre-show, all 70's and not-in-English as it was. It gave it sense of history.

Comment

I'll miss MMR. It was one of my favorite things in TDL because (besides being a big AA fan) it was one of a kind.

Although I dream of it being updated to a 21st century show, i would imagine Philharmagic would still bring in bigger crowds.

Comment

I'd rather they add a new venue for Philharmagic than replace an older one for MMR. I realize it doesn't pull in many crowds.

Good thing I saw it a few days ago twice since just about everything else in the park had between 60-180 minute wait times & MMR was a walk in.

The Mickey Mouse review is the one attraction that I really don't even remember ever seeing in WDW when I was younger, and was really happy to see it survive in TDR- but I guess one more piece of disney history is gone.

I hope Country Bears doesn't go next!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X