• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • easy
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2007

[Fun] Can we talk food at TDR?

I know I want to hit Queen of Hearts in TDL for the theming... and I definitely wanna try a Gyoza Dog that I've heard so much about.. and some flavored popcorn..

But what else do you recommend at the Tokyo Disney Resort as far as both parks and Ikspiari without breaking the bank?
  • Malin
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Re: Can we talk food at TDR?

Cape Cod Cook - Off over at Tokyo Disney Sea has a nice character show ( Donald's Boat Builders ) The food is mainly Burgers and Fries, although quality is rather good. Other places at TDS that I recomend are New York Deli for sandwiches and Zambini brothers which offer good pizza. By the way food portions are smaller compare to western standards, so you may like to try the Sailing Day Buffet, which is all you can eat.

Regarding TDL, Queen of Hearts it very good, and I also enjoyed Grandma Sara's Kitchen in Critter Country.

I have never tried Table Service, but most people don't really rate it to highly for what you pay. Ikspiari is also supposed to have quite a few good Restaurants, according to locals.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

• kcnole
      • Mar 2006

Are those Chinese food cart items (Sorry don't remember the name) that people will wait in line for an hour for really as good as I've heard or is just one of those Japanese idiosyncrasies?

Comment

• luckyone
        TDR and Japan fan
        • Sep 2008

well i had alot of table service and let me tell u it was excellent i loved it, the queen of hearts its amazing, i liked their shrimp and i must tell u about every food its delicious there i didnt complain on anything.
        Trips:
        DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
        WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
        DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
        TDL: July 2008, July 2010
        HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Comment

• Fukai
          Resident of the Caldera
          • Jul 2008

The Nautilus Galley, downstairs in Mysterious Island, serves great Gyoza (pork dumplings--we think of them as Japanese food; the Japanese think of them as Chinese food), and also Turkey legs. There's rarely a line even on busy days.

Also in Mysterious Island, the Vulcania restaurant does good Chinese food.

I would avoid Zambini Brothers--not very good. Much better quality is Ristorante di Canaletto for Italian.

There's also a pretty decent Italian restaurant on the 4th floor of Ikspiari. (As well as Imahan, a good Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki restaurant.)

Unlike some others, I very much like the Blue Bayou in Adventureland. And, like Malin, I like the Cape Cod Cookoff and enjoy watching the Donald's Boat Builders shows.

If you like Mexican or South American, there are two restaurants serving that style cuisine in the Lost River Delta area of DisneySea. In fact, I can't think of another theme park beside Epcot that offers so many different types of cuisine.

Whatever you do, don't order a hot dog and expect it to taste like a hot dog. It only looks like a hot dog.
          Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

• TDR_Fan
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2006

I really enjoyed the Yucatan Sausage Rolls. They are way tastier than the Gyoza Buns in my opinion.
            Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

• TDLFAN
              Banned User
              • Feb 2005

Zambini Bros at TDS is great for quick service italian fare. All sit down places at TDR are for the most part great but expect smaller portions than what you expect in the USA. But at TDS especially, the theming in those places is extraordinary.

Comment

• kustomboy
                MiceChatter
                • Mar 2007

My wife loves the mexican food at TDS!!! I'll put in another vote for Cape Cod Cookoff only if to watch both parts of the Donald Boatbuilder's Show.

Comment

• lonegungirl
                  MiceChatter
                  • Mar 2008

Without breaking the bank...I liked Hokusai, which was not as expensive as I would have expected, for Japanese food in TDL. I also really like House brand curry, so I enjoyed the Country Bear restaurant--but you'd want to know in advance that you like Japanese curry, since that's almost all they have there. We thought the noodles in China Voyager in Adventureland were very respectable as well.

I was a little disappointed in Ikspiari for food, as there seemed to be relatively little Japanese food that wasn't (for me) sort of expensive. There was a place called the Noodle Bar in sort of a food court type of area that had pretty good udon for around $6, and a lot of people in our group ate multiple times at the Kamaaina Burger and thought that the portions were more in line with American portions.

I thought the mystery gyoza buns were ok, but I don't think I'd wait forever in line for them again. Then again, I'm not a huge bao person, anyway.

Comment

• DreamSweetsLove
                    Loves Mickey!
                    • Oct 2006

Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

• easy
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2007

Thanks so much for your suggestions. You named a lot! Not sure if I can eat that much.. or can I? Haha.. Will definitely give some of these a try.

The fun part is going to be figuring out how to order. )

Comment

• Malin
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by easy View Post
                        Thanks so much for your suggestions. You named a lot! Not sure if I can eat that much.. or can I? Haha.. Will definitely give some of these a try.

The fun part is going to be figuring out how to order. )
                        My advice is to forget all our recomendations and discover the wide variety of food for yourself. The choice is endless and its easily my favourite Disney Resort to eat at.

Ordering food at the Resort is easy, all you need to do is call out in English what you wish to order, and the CastMembers will know straight away, and if he/she doesn't than you will be given a menu which you can point out what you wish to have, don't forget all signage is in both English and Japanese. It really is a very simple process.
                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

• jackie0109
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Nov 2008

Food in Tokyo Disney are great. I love Chinese dishes there.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                            Banned User
                            • Feb 2005

China Voyayer in Adventureland is one of the best places and it is a conuter service location, and well themed.

Comment

• easy
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2007

I can't believe I missed this.. If you look, we actually posted at the same time. Thanks for the popcorn suggestion!

I want to try all these places but if I did, I would miss most of the attractions and shows and TDLFan will have my head.

But again thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let you know how I did.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                Banned User
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by easy View Post
                                I want to try all these places but if I did, I would miss most of the attractions and shows and TDLFan will have my head.
                                I am not having your head for nothing. I may criticize you for skipping things that add value to your entertainment at TDR, but that's about it. Truth is.. it's quite difficult to balance eating and enjoyment at TDR. There is so so much to do of both, that you really need to give yourself 4-days max to do it all at a comfortable pace.

Comment

• lonegungirl
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ichigopara View Post
                                  As for popcorn try as many as possible! Here is a cheaper way to do it that the locals use. If you get the popcorn bucket you can get refills for 500 yen right? Well forget that! Save 200 yen by asking for a regular box refill instead.
                                  But do they only fill it half-way or something? Because I can inhale a good part of the bucket just walking away from the stand.

Mmmm...strawberry popcorn...

Comment

• DreamSweetsLove
                                    Loves Mickey!
                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by lonegungirl View Post
                                    But do they only fill it half-way or something? Because I can inhale a good part of the bucket just walking away from the stand.

Mmmm...strawberry popcorn...
                                    Yup, it is the regular box size serving so not a completely full bucket. If you want to try many flavors thoughout the day or save a little money it is a good way to go. Then after you find you favorite flavors you can fill the entire bucket!
                                    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                                    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

• DisneySea_Fan
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Nov 2008

Last time I went to TDL the gyoza sausage bun line was longer than most of the rides. I think its dyed down now though...

Anyway the Natalus Restaraunt is very good. The entrance is a bit hidden, its located near 20,000 Legues under the sea entrance.

Also I liked the indian restaraunt in arabian villlage. (dont remember the name) If you like curry thats a good spot to try.

-DisneySeaFan

Comment

• Moving Sidewalk
                                        Lost in Wonderland
                                        • Feb 2005

I love the Coconut Popcorn. Get it in the Lost River Delta area at TDS. Or Honey Popcorn in TDL. And if you're going to try several different types, just get the "regular box" at each place for 300 yen, so you don't get stuck with a flavor you don't like.

I actually like Zambini Brothers in TDS. They have some good pasta dishes there, and it's fast (order at the cashier, pick it up at the counter, and there's plenty of seating). Ristorante di Canaletto is better, but there's often a wait to get in.

And those Gyoza dogs... My cousin loves them, but I really don't care for them. But it's famous, so you have to try it anyways. Get it over with or you'll wonder what it tasted like for the rest of your life. There are also Cheesecake chimichangas in the Lost River Delta area of TDS, but I didn't think they were anything special. It just sounded so interesting though, so I had to try it.

Speaking of odd snacks, there's Cappucino Popcorn (TDS-Med Harbor by the Ruins/Aqueduct), Curry Popcorn (TDL), and Honey-Lemon Churros (TDL Tomorrowland).

Basically, if you see something interesting, try it! It'll be an adventure.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X