X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 30th and 31st of December

Hi.

My wife and I are planning to go to Disney Land and Disney Sea, probably on the 30th and 31st of December 2008.

Will these days be unbearably busy? I know it'll be busy, but these two days are business days, so I'm kind of hoping they wouldn't be too bad.

Also, I know there is a countdown event on the 31st, but I assume that's after the normal opening hours have closed? We'll probably get a 2-day pass, going to Disnay Land on the 30th and Disney Sea on the 31st.

Any advice very much appreciated!

Re: 30th and 31st of December

The 30th may be extremely busy.. but on the 31st, not so. reason for that is because both TDL and TDS close at 6pm sharp to prepare for the Countdown parties from 8pm. That is a hard ticket event, and very popular so do not be surprised if you see a million guests arriving at TDR for that in the late afternoon hours of the 30th and 31st. Keep in mind.. the first few days of the new year are also a holiday in Japan and the parks will be very crowded.

Comment

Thanks TDLFAN, that's good to know. I assume my 2-day pass will let me stay at Disney Land until closing time at 10pm on the 30th, if I'm desperate to get onto a ride I'm hoping I'll be able to later in the day. I've been a few times before (but first time for my wife) and I found it's often nice to take it easy instead of sprinting around everywhere trying to get on all the rides. Can't wait!

Comment

Actually, I feel you will not get to do much by taking "it easy". You must get to the park early and do the Fastpass game all day long to maximize doing things and avoid the ultra long wait times some of the rides tend to have. Keep in mind that the queues will close early for some rides. Example: if Hunny hunt has posted a 90 minutes wait time for stand by, they will close the queue around 8:30pm. So do not wait until too late to ride some attractions or you will not get the chance to ride at all.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't actually know about the fastpass; wasn't there when I was at Disney Sea about 6 years ago. So I assume the best thing to do is rush to the nearest fastpass ride, get a fast pass, then after that ride run to the next one and so on?

Comment

Well, my advise is to get there early and run "ONLY" to get the first Fastpass of the day.. I would advise the one for HUnny Hunt. Then get the nest pass when the system allows you to. Look on your fastpass for the time you will be allowed to get the next one. If you try the system before you are allowed to get the next fastpass, you will be denied one, so do not waste your time running to get the next one. You have to wait until the time for the next Fastpass comes up.

Comment

Coolness. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Speaking of coolness... bring a nice winter coat. It will be cold weather.

Comment

Yeah, I actually live an hour away from Tokyo and it's already freezing here. Christmas will be cold!

Comment

Yes, I know.. I was there yesterday. Today, I am in Hong Kong and it was lovely sunny weather with temps in the low 70sF.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Keep in mind.. the first few days of the new year are also a holiday in Japan and the parks will be very crowded.
                      Yeah, New Year's is Japan's biggest holiday. It's like a 3 day celebration.

Comment

....that last for a week for some. Just like Golden week in may.

Comment

Working...
                        X