X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Dramatic" photos...

Hi all!
    Just got back from TDR. Was able to go into TDL briefly to check out what's happening and visit the newly opened and relocated Camera Center in World Bazaar. Also got a sneak peek at TDL's Halloween decors for this year...
    But...
    The main event of course was.. TDS' 4th anniversary and the debut of "Dramatic DisneySea 2005" featuring two new shows...the very colorful mail show "Wishes", where Minnie encounters Muses from the Land, the Sea and the Sky in a very lovely and colorful show that incorporate brand new costuming and even a dancing water fountain and cascading waterfall on the back of the stage, with lots of live singing in english, and a dash of Disney fun with some familiar Disney friends. The other show, which is a smaller affair is "Minnie's Wishing Ring" at the Liod Stage in Mediterranean Harbor. Here Minnie uses the magical powers of a ring to bring a wish of happiness come true. This is a small greeting style show which plays twice in the morning hours.
    TDS of course is decorated in banners and posters heralding Dramatic DisneySea, and is offering special menus and merchandise to entice everyone to spend, spend, spend... Many items are geared towards the young female crowd and feature purses, jewelry and the likes.
    While Dramatic DisneySea 2005 is decidedly a female-oriented event, the fact was I was not disappointed by the new offering. Many guests may be a bit disappointed about the lack of a parade this year since last year's event did feature a very colorful procession thru the park. While I miss the parade, I am glad they did not redo the same stuff as last year's since I enjoy the diversity of the entertainment at TDS, and that makes this year's Dramatic DisneySea event feel totally anew! So KUDOS to the entertainmet crew and producers on this one.

Check out the photos from my visit here:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=31890870&f=

Questions, comments are always welcomed and encouraged.

Re: My "Dramatic" photos...

It looks great. Did you try any new menu items if there are any? The Aladdin ones were great. Also, which stage is the "Wishes" show presented at?
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I just wanted to say I loved the pics.....but, in photo #101 this lady is holding a giant bag that I have to have!!! It has the little mermaid on it and is so cute! )

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan
        It looks great. Did you try any new menu items if there are any? The Aladdin ones were great. Also, which stage is the "Wishes" show presented at?
        "Wishes" is presented on the temporary stage built at Waterfront Park in the American Waterfront area of TDS, right in front of TOT. And no... I didn't have the time to try the special event menu. But soon enough as I go back to TDR this week for Disney's Halloween 2005 debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Churro
          I just wanted to say I loved the pics.....but, in photo #101 this lady is holding a giant bag that I have to have!!! It has the little mermaid on it and is so cute! )
          LOL!!! That is the newest jumbo shopping bag on sale at the park. The side with Ariel is the TDS side and features not just Ariel but other characters from TDS' ports. The other side of the bag is TDL's. These bags are quite popular since TDR changes their designs like twice a year sometimes. The other bag featuring Dramatic DisneySea is quite pretty as well. They sell for around 800 yen; they are hard plastic and can be zipped closed at the top.
          You really want one??

Comment

I thought they were adorable! Yes! lol

Comment

Thanks TDLfan! I don't get to go very often so it's great that we have someone as a Tokyo Disney Resort reporter! Domo arigato gozaimashta!

Comment

As usual, GREAT pictures.

Comment

Wow! What beautiful photos.Nice job TDL fan! I can't believe how fresh the park looks.And the crowds are incredible too.
                  Last edited by Alchimedes; 09-11-2005, 10:17 AM. Reason: typo
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

TDL and TDS *always* look ...fresh. As in well maintained and freshly painted. It's what the other resorts need to emulate, especially WDW and DLP.

Comment

OOps... I write this ALL the time, so I thought I've done it already.... me, bad...
                      I just re-read this and noticed....

TDLFAN: Yet again (and I'm sure many more times to come), thank you very much
                      for the awesome job in taking a set of really comprehensive pics to depict a show!

One thing to note is the very effective use of color. The muted
                      colors in the stage and the costumes, followed by vivid contrasting colors,
                      really make the whole show much more "dramatic".
                      Last edited by nish221; 09-13-2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

First and foremost I thought these are going to be "dramatic" pictures of YOU TDLFAN. ) As always you take great pictures of the event. Those costumes are very colorful and bright. In my opinion you really get you moneys worth. I just wish that they can have shows like this in the states. I'm tired of shows base on movies, don't get me wrong I love all the Disney movies but I wish they can produce something that is original. I love the fact that you also posted pics of the plushes that they have there! I'm crazy for them! Kudos to you TDLFAN!!! :ap:

Comment

Wait till you see the photos and plushes from TDL's Halloween!

Comment

For your enjoyment.... I have ADDED 20 some pictures from this event taken in the early eve and during a night time performance of "Wish". Here you will also see a quick glance of Disney Head Imagineer MARTY SKLAR taking a stroll thru TDS on Sept 15th, 2005.
                            The new batch of photos start here:
                            http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...870&p=72801850

Comment

Working...
                            X