Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

    Hi all,
    Well, it's official!!! Good news!! The TDR Line has been retrofitted with new turnstyles capable of accepting IC cards, PASMO and Suica!! So rejoice because now you can breeze thru those turnstyles with your pre-paid electronic cards like a local guest!!! I used my Pasmo card tonight on the TDR Line and worked like a charm!

    Thumbs up for this much needed improvement to the monorail system.

  • #2
    Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

    That's good info to know! We will have a Suica while we're there. Although I was sort of looking forward to getting the passes with the characters on them - good for the scrapbook. But, I'm sure I'll find more than enough other stuff for the scrapbook!
    WDW Annual Passholders

    Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
    2015 - Disneyland
    2019 - Tokyo Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

      Finnaly, I think we will have Suica as well so thats good news.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

        Just a pet peeve of mine. The proper name is "Disney Resort Line" not "TDR Line". Just like the proper acronym for the resort is TDR and not TDLR.

        C'mon TDLFAN, I know you know better. :P

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

          Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          Hi all,
          Well, it's official!!! Good news!! The TDR Line has been retrofitted with new turnstyles capable of accepting IC cards, PASMO and Suica!! So rejoice because now you can breeze thru those turnstyles with your pre-paid electronic cards like a local guest!!! I used my Pasmo card tonight on the TDR Line and worked like a charm!

          Thumbs up for this much needed improvement to the monorail system.
          JUST in time for our trip in late May-early June to Tokyo and the TDR!!!
          Makes me very happy (not that buying separate tickets were going to be that much of a hassle--but still...all on one card...sweeeet ).
          WDW-July 2010
          **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

          Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
          Disneyland Paris-2002
          WDW-1999, 2000
          DisneyCruise-2000

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

            Originally posted by LeeLeeLuvsDisney View Post
            That's good info to know! We will have a Suica while we're there. Although I was sort of looking forward to getting the passes with the characters on them - good for the scrapbook. But, I'm sure I'll find more than enough other stuff for the scrapbook!
            Leelee, you can still purchase the character tickets and use them.. so opt not to use the Suica then.
            Originally posted by Roger55
            C'mon TDLFAN, I know you know better. :P
            Actually no, I did not know better and I appreciate the correction. Now I know better!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Leelee, you can still purchase the character tickets and use them.. so opt not to use the Suica then.
              Oh, yes, I realize that. We may possibly do that, but we're all about being as efficient as possible while we're there. If we can save a couple of minutes by not buying the passes and using the Suica instead, then that's more time in the parks.
              WDW Annual Passholders

              Our Trips:
              Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
              Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
              Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
              Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
              Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
              Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
              Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
              Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
              Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
              Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
              Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
              Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

              Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
              2015 - Disneyland
              2019 - Tokyo Disney

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                It only takes 20 seconds to buy the tickets in the machine. I doubt it will add more time at the parks by skipping that process.

                One more thing.. every Disney Resort Line station features a different style of souvenir ticket.. and there are 4 stations in all... do what youmust
                Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-02-2009, 12:07 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  It only takes 20 seconds to buy the tickets in the machine. I doubt it will add more time at the parks by skipping that process.

                  One more thing.. every Disney Resort Line station features a different style of souvenir ticket.. and there are 4 stations in all... do what youmust
                  This is good to know. I will keep this in mind on our trip.
                  WDW-July 2010
                  **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

                  Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
                  Disneyland Paris-2002
                  WDW-1999, 2000
                  DisneyCruise-2000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    It only takes 20 seconds to buy the tickets in the machine. I doubt it will add more time at the parks by skipping that process.

                    One more thing.. every Disney Resort Line station features a different style of souvenir ticket.. and there are 4 stations in all... do what youmust
                    I must spend lots and lots of yen on Tokyo Disney souvenirs!!!!!!!! We are bringing two extra empty suitcases for everything. Heheheh!
                    WDW Annual Passholders

                    Our Trips:
                    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
                    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
                    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
                    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
                    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
                    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
                    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
                    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
                    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
                    Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                    Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

                    Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
                    2015 - Disneyland
                    2019 - Tokyo Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                      Only 2 empty bags? I hope they are HUGE, or else, you won't have enough room.
                      One word of caution.. tee shirts at TDR are not like the ones you are used to seeing in the MK. Things that actually have the TDR name on them are very rare to find. Japanese guests are into trends and more generic designs... so that you are not disappointed. Also, clothing sizes are in japanese sizes, meaning.. if you are bigger than 34" in the waist.. most everything they sell at TDR will not fit you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Only 2 empty bags? I hope they are HUGE, or else, you won't have enough room.
                        One word of caution.. tee shirts at TDR are not like the ones you are used to seeing in the MK. Things that actually have the TDR name on them are very rare to find. Japanese guests are into trends and more generic designs... so that you are not disappointed. Also, clothing sizes are in japanese sizes, meaning.. if you are bigger than 34" in the waist.. most everything they sell at TDR will not fit you.
                        Thanks for the tips. Yes, only 2 bags - we'll make do!
                        WDW Annual Passholders

                        Our Trips:
                        Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
                        Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
                        Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
                        Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
                        Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
                        Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
                        Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
                        Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
                        Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                        Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
                        Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                        Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

                        Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
                        2015 - Disneyland
                        2019 - Tokyo Disney

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                          This last trip, I noticed they had a lot more Tokyo Disneyland/Sea/Resort names on the t-shirts than I had seen in the past. I picked them up as soon as I saw them for that reason a lone.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                            You must be a very skinny person then.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TDR Line long overdue enhancement!!!

                              That's great news for the day visitor. What about people staying on-site that are better served with a 1-4 day Resort Line pass? What would be uber-cool would be the ability to buy a 1-4 day pass and have it loaded onto your Suica or PASMO card, rather than having to use a separate ticket.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X