Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

    Apprizing the press of the 2008 record of 27.2 TDR vistors was likely the most joyous announcement that the Oriental Land Company has ever made. This represents a 7% increase over 2007.

    Congratulations OLC and TDR! You've earned it as a result of your quality investments, and leadership in today's theme park industry. :thumbup:



    Oriental Land reports record visitors to Tokyo Disney parks in FY 2008

    Wed. April 01, 2009; Posted: 11:46 AM

    Are you looking to increase you ETF knowledge?
    TOKYO, Apr 01, 2009 (Kyodo News International - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services Oriental Land Co. said Wednesday the number of visitors to its Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea entertainment resorts came to a new record of 27,221,000 in fiscal 2008 that ended Tuesday, up 7.1 percent from the previous year.


    Tokyo Disneyland attracted visitors with special events to mark its 25th anniversary, the theme park operator said.
    Oriental Land is projecting that the number of visitors in fiscal 2009 will decline to 25-26 million amid the economic slowdown.

    To see more of Kyodo News International, go to http://www.kyodonews.com
    Copyright (c) 2009, Kyodo News International, Tokyo Distributed by
    McClatchy-Tribune Information Services. For reprints, email
    tmsreprints@permissionsgroup.com, call 800-374-7985 or 847-635-6550, send a fax
    to 847-635-6968, or write to The Permissions Group Inc., 1247 Milwaukee Ave.,
    Suite 303, Glenview, IL 60025, USA.

    For full details for OLCLF click here.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-03-2009, 04:04 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

    The people of Japan knows what quality is all about and that is very easy to see when one visits the parks in Tokyo.
    Show this to the money hungry sharks in USA and the gov suits at Hong Kong Disneyland!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

      When you have something the quality of Disney Sea people will come from all corners of the world to see it!!
      "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

        Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
        The people of Japan knows what quality is all about and that is very easy to see when one visits the parks in Tokyo.
        Show this to the money hungry sharks in USA and the gov suits at Hong Kong Disneyland!
        I believe Jay Rasulo and his staff are the sharks you are aluding to. If only Iger would send them back to the rock they crawled out from under.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

          Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
          The people of Japan knows what quality is all about and that is very easy to see when one visits the parks in Tokyo.
          Show this to the money hungry sharks in USA and the gov suits at Hong Kong Disneyland!
          Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
          When you have something the quality of Disney Sea people will come from all corners of the world to see it!!
          Disney Sea/Tokyo Disneyland and their quality attractions keep growing better and better!
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

            Good for them, thats alot of people!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

              Gee, you think this Walt guy might have hit on something with his demands for quality, innovation and imagination? I'm happy these qualities continue to exist at Tokyo Disney Resort and I'm even happier that the public is rewarding OLC for their commitment to real "Disney".

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                I think all those millions of guests actually visited last weekend.

                But KUDOS to OLC. If any Disney resort deserves the huge crowds it gets, it's definitely Tokyo.

                I wonder if Iger will still claim the MK is the most visited park on Earth this past year?

                Also remember.. this is what happens when management takes the time to celebrate their resort's special anniversaries... which is something WDW has not done in the past decade. Celebrating their anniversary did wonders for DLP as well... but hey, in Orlando.. "they are tourists, what do they know?" Suckers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                  Agreed with all of the posts here, good for OLC and maybe, just maybe it will send a hint to the Disney execs about how to really run a Disney resort the proper way.
                  My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

                  Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                    Will this kind of stellar performance (even with the predicted decrease in 2009) lead to greater expansion from OLC?

                    We know Philharmagic is going into TDL and Midway Mania is rumored for TDS, but when OLC is forced to regularly close the park to guests due to capacity, doesn't that warrant heavy expansion in the current parks, or even a third park?

                    I know DisneySea doesn't get the massive crowds thad TDL does, but what happens on the days when the latter reaches max capacity? Does overflow fill up DisneySea or do those turned away simply go home? Maybe the addition of a new Port of Call (see the dirt getting pushed around in the lower left below)would balance attendance at both parks.
                    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                      Sadly, if management in the U.S. saw those crowds they'd be bitterly whinning about all the extra crowd control and custodial hours they'd have to spend. And the maintenance costs to run an attraction at full capacity...the horror of it all. Smaller crowds equal smaller costs. You can make it up by charging those who bother showing up eight dollars for a hot dog.

                      The current management's dream theme park would be a credit card swipe machine in an empty field that print-outs a reciept saying "Have A Magical Day!". And in the U.S., they'd probably be plenty of people who'd still think that's "Disney".


                      P.S. - I do agree that the crowds at Tokyo Disneyland indicate the park(s) need more capacity...or at least a one day park-hopper ticket.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                        Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                        Will this kind of stellar performance (even with the predicted decrease in 2009) lead to greater expansion from OLC?

                        We know Philharmagic is going into TDL and Midway Mania is rumored for TDS, but when OLC is forced to regularly close the park to guests due to capacity, doesn't that warrant heavy expansion in the current parks, or even a third park?

                        I know DisneySea doesn't get the massive crowds thad TDL does, but what happens on the days when the latter reaches max capacity? Does overflow fill up DisneySea or do those turned away simply go home? Maybe the addition of a new Port of Call (see the dirt getting pushed around in the lower left below)would balance attendance at both parks.
                        I think a third theme park is in the cards. Due to the lack of expansion room next to TDL and TDS, theme park three would likely be in an area that is as close as possible. Transportation would be required to get there ..possibly monorails or trains. It would be a fun ride to a wonderful new gate.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                          Didn't they fill in Tokyo Bay in order to build the first two parks... they could simpy do another infill south of DisneySea.

                          I still think Disney Sea could use some more attractions before OLC embarks on 3rd park... and I see at least three immediate expansion "pads": behind the aqueduct in Med Harbor; the cast parking lot east of the Broadway Theater; and the greenfield south of Lost River.
                          http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                            Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                            Didn't they fill in Tokyo Bay in order to build the first two parks... they could simpy do another infill south of DisneySea.

                            I still think Disney Sea could use some more attractions before OLC embarks on 3rd park... and I see at least three immediate expansion "pads": behind the aqueduct in Med Harbor; the cast parking lot east of the Broadway Theater; and the greenfield south of Lost River.
                            Agree with you all the way around, Randy Savage. You're not the radio commentater are you?
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: All Time Record Attendance At TDR! 27.2 Million Visitors In '08

                              I wonder if Iger will still claim the MK is the most visited park on Earth this past year?
                              When did Bob Iger ever make this claim?
                              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X