Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride worth waiting for Journey to the Center of the Earth or Indy?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ride worth waiting for Journey to the Center of the Earth or Indy?

If you were at Tokyo Disneysea and saw 2 lines that were long for Journey to the center of the earth and Indiana Jones. What ride would you rather go on?

Re: Ride worth waiting for Journey to the Center of the Earth or Indy?

Journey to the Center of the Earth. No question. Indy is a clone of the Anaheim ride (though not as good in my opinion).

Journey to the Center of the Earth is unique in the world of Disney rides and it's great great great.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I happen to like Indy just as much as DL's because it does have a few new surprises along the way, and a nicer look to it overall IMO.. But I would also choose JTTCOTE for being totally unique to this park and not found anywhere else.. But I must ask.. why skip either one? Even on busy days, assuming you do not need to ride TOT.. you can run to 20K, get a FP there, then ride JOTTOTE on stand by, then head to Indy and ride on stand-by.. and by the time you are done with that, your FP for 20K will be up for use. You may even be able to get a FP for TOT after that as well!

Comment

journey to the center... its kinda first to me..
        just do what you think...

Comment

*sigh* i can't believe it's going to be a year since i went to TDS.

i would go for Journey, that ride is so exciting, i rode it three times when i was there, the wait was never more than 20 minutes. it's one of those attractions that i would have loved to get out and walk around inside the show room b/c everything is so enticing (of course not when the ride is operating).

i actually like TDS's version of Indy better than DL's. the ride itself, the queue is really cool but DL's feels like you're really heading deep down a temple (even though that's the only way they could get you to the ride). i think the vortex is very appealing, and the lighting is better when you see the crystal skull, the light emitting from its eyes is so intense and makes it that much more believable. mara just has little strobes and smoke which to me was honestly never effective. also, the statue that blows a ring of smoke is so cool compare to the often busted rat projection.

journey! : )

Comment

Journey to the Center of the Earth--one simple but LARGE reason---the Lava Monster AA is in the top 5 if not the best AA created for a Disney attraction.--imo

Comment

I'd go for Journey. Never like Indie. No offense.

Comment

Comment

Definitely Journey. Indy is great, but Journey is unique and so much fun. We rode Journey 7 times when we were there! But, I don't see why you can't do both. We were able to do just about everything at TDS...many rides multiple times.
                  WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
                  Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
                  Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
                  Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
                  Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
                  Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
                  Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
                  Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
                  Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
                  Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                  Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
                  Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                  Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
                  2015 - Disneyland
                  2019 - Tokyo Disney

Comment

I'd do both, but if i had to chose, Definatly Journey. It's just so unique and amazing. I can't get enough of this ride.

Comment

After seeing JOTC on youtube, I was blowed away.

Comment

the lava monster reminds me of the Balrog

Comment

I'd do Journey as well due to its uniqueness & killer themeing and detail. Indy does have a few better scenes than Disneyland, but I still think I'd prefer Disneyland even though each time I've gone on it some aspect of it isn't working properly- Tokyo is great, but driving past the Crystal skull doesn't seem as thrilling as Mara- but the effects are much better in Japan

Comment

Originally posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
                            Journey to the Center of the Earth--one simple but LARGE reason---the Lava Monster AA is in the top 5 if not the best AA created for a Disney attraction.--imo
                            Completely agree!

But the rest of the ride is awesome, too!

So, by vote (by some margin) is JTTCOTE as well!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTERPRIDE View Post
                              After seeing JOTC on youtube, I was blowed away.
                              BTW. I did that too before I rode it AND I was STILL blown away!

That youtube video doesn't do it justice!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X