Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDS' Spring Carnival 2009 (trip report and PHOTOS)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report TDS' Spring Carnival 2009 (trip report and PHOTOS)

Tokyo DisneySea Spring Carnival 2009 event opened on April 22nd and will run through June 30th, 2009. This is the time when Tokyo DisneySea is at it's most colorful state.. gardens are transformed into works of art and the huge musical dance show "Fairies Primavera" take the stage all around Mediterranean harbor twice daily.

Below is a photographic trip report of the event this year.. which features Tinkerbell and her fairy friends as special guests...

Arriving at Tokyo DisneySea, we are greeted by this lovely 3D mural featuring Tink and her fairy friends...

The art work includes 3D vines overtaking the entrance.

The tunnel entrance below the Miracosta is lined with lovely flowers and murals, featuring Tink and friends.

Topiary Minnie

Topiary Mickey

Mediterranean Harbor is decked out in flowers and banners celebrating spring...

The wedding chappel's bell tower is decorated for the event.

The gardens leading to the Roman Ruins tell the story of Pinocchio...

Geppeto, Pinocchio and puppet friend.

Jiminy Crickets.

The Blue Fairy.

Gardens around Mount Prometheus and Fortress Explorations are like a colorful carpet of lovely spring colors.

Ponte Becchio is also decorated for the carnival.

Around the gondola canals... flowers line up the banisters along the water ways...

Over in American Waterfront... gardens pay tribute to Walt Disney's Fantasia.

Back in Mediterranean Harbor.. it's time for Spring Carnival's main event, "Fairies Primavera" harbor show. The show starts with a greeting from Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.. riding on this lovely barge (with leaves a trail or smoke and shoots water from the backside). You can see tink at the top of the barge here on this picture..

Mickey, Minnie, and hundreds of performers arrive to celebrate spring and they all take over the edge of the harbor... from one end to the other. This is a huge show folks!

You can see performers as far as the eye can see and guests lined up all around the harbor's perimeter.

The Sun flower section.. Performers are divided in groups, and each group represent a different aspect of spring.. They also have the task of moving from one area of the harbor to another.. so that all guests are able to enjoy most aspect of the show. This is one of those shows that pack so much eye candy, that is it impossible to take it all in by just watching once. Many different things are happening at different areas of the harbor.. at the same time. It is advisable to see the show a few times from different areas of the lagoon's perimeter.

German Chip and Dale arrive.. Even Marie (not seen here) has a moment in this show!

Pretty

My favoriter part of the show... when the human puppets come out all over the harbor's perimeter.. Kind of reminds me of EPCOT's Tapestry of Nations.

Donald and Daisy make an apperance as well... Pluto and Goofy are also there (not seen here).

"Fairies Primavera" ends as Mt. Prometheus roars in the background. Gives me chills!!! It's so well done!!

As the performers exit thur different areas of the Harbor.. Mickey and Minnie travel around the laggon on their flowery barge (the one Mickey used for Porto Paradiso Water carnival a few years ago) and they wave the guests "goodbye" and the moment offers a final photo opportunity of the characters in their official Spring Carnival costumes.

Over my the volcano's side of the lagoon.. we continue to enjoy the spring gardens...

Lovely window at the Ponte Becchio.

Hidden deep in the jungles of Lost River Delta.. you will find Pixie Hollow. (Note: this is not a permanent addition to TDS, but a temporary meet and greet with Tink and her fairy friends during the Spring Carnival event.)

I attended the area during 'break time" from the fairies.. but this is the official backdrop for their photo op moment.

Arriving at Arabian Coast... I have always liked the Jasmine fountain made of tiles.

These wall has a most peculiar shape to it...

Jasmine's Gardens are found in Arabian Coast's courtyard.

Back in Mediterranean harbor.. lovely flower carts display unique works of disney character art.

Nemo?

As we leave Tokyo DisneySea.. we once again are treated to the lovely "tunnel of flowers" as we walk underneath the Miracosta and towards the Aquasphere and the park's exit.

One last look at the lovely Spring Carnival sign above Tokyo DisneySea's main entrance, featuring Tink and a lenticular "carnival" sign that changes colors depending on the angle you see it.

...And that folks is this year's TOKYO DISNEYSEA'S SPRING CARNIVAL 2009 EVENT. Hope you enjoyed the tour.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-09-2009, 02:02 PM.

Re: TDS' Spring Carnival 2009 (trip report and PHOTOS)

I wish all Disney park's were as beautiful as this

Comment

^ you bet!

Those are amazing shots! Now I am jelous...I should start saving and go for a visit.
      losey...

Comment

Wow, how wonderful! Even without the Spring Carnival, that is ONE BEAUTIFUL PARK.

I have a question though: is the Fantasia Garden, Jasmine's Garden, Pixie Hollow Meet & Greet permanent attractions, or only part of the Spring Carnival?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          I have a question though: is the Fantasia Garden, Jasmine's Garden, Pixie Hollow Meet & Greet permanent attractions, or only part of the Spring Carnival?
          Those are special features/gardens for the Spring Carnival event ONLY. Everything you saw on the pictures above will be taken down at the end of June once the Spring Carnival event comes to an end.

Comment

Amazing!! Thanks so much for posting this.

Comment

This is the great thing about TDR- they have these events each year & keep them fresh by changing the decor, theme, shows, parades, etc & do it every few months besides to keep people coming back. I'm always amazed by the fact that they change the shows so much from year to year, or season to season-where both Disneyland & Disneyworld run their shows and parades into the ground before changing them. I do like the fact that Disneyland is trying Nightastic this summer and hope I can get out there to see it.

Great shots once again- I never get tired of looking at the photos from TDR & each seasons event, merchandise and decor.

Comment

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Wonderful pictures! I look so forward to seeing it all--live--in just a couple of weeks.
                  I almost posted that we would be there in 13 days--but then I realized we are actually having fun in Tokyo first--before we head over to the resort.

Either way--the pictures certainly have me super jazzed about going!
                  WDW-July 2010
                  **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
                  Disneyland Paris-2002
                  WDW-1999, 2000
                  DisneyCruise-2000

Comment

Overwhelmingly beautiful! How fortunate you are to be able to see it and thank you so much for sharing it with us. Also, thanks for the merch pics in your other thread!
                    I want my cake back!
                    sigpic

Comment

OMG! This when I must go out there! How gorgeous! Thanks for posting
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I hope to make my way to TDS within the next few years...and am conflicted whether to go earlier in April when crowds are lighter or during Spring Carnival which looks so nice.
                        Down with the Hat

Comment

Wow, great photos as usual! It really looks like TDS has taken both the Flower & Garden festival, and the Food & Wine festival from EPCOT and classed them up and fleshed them out a bit. The little decorative details at TDS are amazing for a short event. I also agree that even though they may repeat an event year after year, at least they make the effort to change it around so it's not identical to the previous versions.

The flowers and gardens are so pretty too!
                          Meow

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                            Thanks for the pics. I hope to make my way to TDS within the next few years...and am conflicted whether to go earlier in April when crowds are lighter or during Spring Carnival which looks so nice.
                            Go the first week that Spring Carnival starts - we did and the crowds were very, very light at both parks. Our longest wait at TDL over the span of 2 days was 35 minutes, and our longest wait at TDS over 2 days was 20 minutes. Most waits were less than 15 minutes, even for the popular rides.
                            WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
                            Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
                            Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
                            Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
                            Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
                            Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
                            Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
                            Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
                            Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
                            Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                            Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop
                            Sep. 2013 - WDW Caribbean Beach
                            Jan. 2014 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside

Oct. 2014 - Disney Cruise
                            2015 - Disneyland
                            2019 - Tokyo Disney

Comment

I have a question.

Are all the flowers/plants for the Spring Carnival real? The little Mickey Flower trees at the cart look amazing---are those real flowers? Or are most of the flowers out on display in carts/entryways silk?

I know I will find out first hand in a couple of weeks...but I was just curious.
                              WDW-July 2010
                              **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
                              Disneyland Paris-2002
                              WDW-1999, 2000
                              DisneyCruise-2000

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X