This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Happy 8th Anniversary Birthday to DisneySea

Tomorrow (Sep4) is an 8th Year Anniversary of Tokyo DisneySea, Wow.

How about logo and merchandise of 8th DisneySea, Anybody have their picture or are they released for sell ready?
    By the way, i will go to TDS this Nov2-3, Then, are there these merchandise on sell that time?

Re: Happy 8th Anniversary Birthday to DisneySea

8th anniversary Merchandise photos can be seen in the official TDS site... This year's theme is Ariel.. as in Mermaid Lagoon?
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...8th/index.html

Whether the merchandise will still be available in november depends on how popular the theme is.. and this year being "Little Mermaid".. it may sell rather fast, but I would guess that some items will still be available in november, but that has not been the case in some of the previous years...and sometimes, it has been. You never know..
    Also,
    Talk with Crush attraction merchandise will also be available.. towards the end of sept, near the grand opening on oct 1st.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-03-2009, 02:08 AM. Reason: add link.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the merchandise, TDLFAN. I like the scuba Mickey. It's nice that they do a new design each year. TDR seems to be the only resort to do so...although HKDL is too, right? The US parks, and DLP don't bother celebrating "minor" birthdays with merchandise.
      Meow

Comment

I agree, its nice they do a different design each year.

I like the scubamickey design, its very cute. Its specail to me because we had Scuba Mickey at our wedding(our reception was at The Living Seas Salon in Epcot) Its nice to see they have merchandice of Scuba Mickey out. You don't see that much and its very fitting at TDS.
        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I think it's a great idea as well that they change the theme each year & TDLFAN is right about them not being around too long- I've been visiting in November each year since 2004 & haven't had trouble getting at least something from the Anniversary, but that all changed 2 years ago- I missed out on the year they had Pinocchio & last year couldn't find a single thing based on Indiana Mickey and was really bummed.

I finally saw one Indiana Mickey on ebay several months back & was outbid on it.

I love the Little Mermaid as well & am visiting in a few weeks, so maybe this year I'll have a better chance.

Comment

Happy 8th bday to possibly the finest theme park that will ever be built

Ariel theming? Meh its not the worst I've seen. Disneyland/sea Japan seems to have lots more merch than the other parks.

Comment

Yours truly will be at the Park tonight doing my annual tradition of having a drink at the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge (to pay salute to the Park) and at the Bella Vista Lounge (to pay salute to the MiraCosta) in their 8th Anniversaries. Anyone want to join?
              JoeInJpn
              Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
              For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
              Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

YES!! I want to join you Joe, but I just got home from EPCOT Center... so I can't make it, but I will be there in the morning on 9/11 (shivers!)...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
                  Yours truly will be at the Park tonight doing my annual tradition of having a drink at the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge (to pay salute to the Park) and at the Bella Vista Lounge (to pay salute to the MiraCosta) in their 8th Anniversaries. Anyone want to join?
                  I'd love to, but I work nights. Enjoy, and say "hi" to Duffy for me. I'm sure you all know that it's his 5-year Anniversary at TDS, too, this November.

Comment

The watch is nice, but $300? Ouch.
                    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Hey 'FAN - Hard to believe it's been 8 years already. DisneySea has performed a lot of great entertainment, aged well and expanded gracefully in that time. It really does make Tokyo my favorite of the Disney Resorts overall. I'm sure the DisneyLand Hotel now nicely finishes things off as a complete package (fixing those last loose site-lines) One thing I love about TDS is the way it can appear to be part of Tokyo Bay.

BTW - I really did enjoy Hong Kong's Disneyland; what is there is pretty nice and the landscape is very lush (and city of HK itself is worth the plane ride anyday)....but size matters. When you factor in details like no trolly down Main St., and a bulky castle wall, well....it just feels half baked to me. I'm happy they are getting a big expansion....but not moved to get back to see any of it.....LIKE I WAS WITH TOKYO'S SPECTACULAR 'DISNEYSEA'! As I will again (for cool 'goods' alone).

Cheers.
                      sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
                      - - Walt Disney

Comment

Our first visit to TDS was during the 5th anniversary. I loved the signage, merchandise, etc. for that.

Happy 8th Anniversary, DisneySea! Hopefully one day we'll make it back to pay our respects.

Comment

God, it's been 8 years already? Time flies!!

And wow, I remember when it was still the 5th Anniversary and totally falling in love with the "Sea of Dreams" anniversary theme song. I'd totally love to see that song brought back to the theme park! =P

Comment

happy late bday to disney sea
                            AND to me LOL i was also brn 4th september
                            Trips:
                            DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
                            WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
                            DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
                            TDL: July 2008, July 2010
                            HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Comment

Happy Birthday TDS! You were the shining new star during Disney's darkest days!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X