Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turtle Talk soft opening now?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Turtle Talk soft opening now?

    Not that I'm really that interested, but Robb Alvey from TPR posted that it started soft opening today (or the day they visited in the past few days) but I didn't see any pics of it.

    I'm just really curious as to how it all is going to look and fit with the feel more than the attraction itself
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

    Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

  • #2
    Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

    They've had invited previews (guests were given special passes during the morning for later viewings that same day) for the past month. Then they made a couple of adjustments. And soft previews began over the weekend.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

      ^Do you know if/how successfully they've integrated it with the early 1900s theme of the New York Waterfront?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

        Ichigopara briefly posted a quick report a couple of weeks ago as she was lucky enough to be one of those preview guests and she explained a bit of how they appeared to have incorporated the characters into the turn of the century theme. All I know is that you are supposed to be going into an underwater observatory inside the SS Columbia...
        Look here:
        http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-dis...promotion.html
        Also, I was at TDS on tuesday night. There appeared to be a CM preview in progress during most hours of the afternoon and evening. You could see a LOT of folks being ushered into the Talk theater from the backside of the SS Columbia. I highly doubt those were guests seeing the backside of TDS... but I can't confirm for sure.
        This is what the entrance marquee looked like the other day when I was there....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

          ^ Thanks. Cheers to OLC for adapting the attraction to the land's theme. What are the chances Orlando management would have done the same...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

            1.4% or 1 out of 10 chances for that to happen at WDW.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

              They presented the backstory to Turtle Talk at DisneySEA at the D23 expo during the Pixar panel. It was GREAT!

              They even showed us conjured up photos of the SS Colombia in dry dock, showing the huge underwater observation window installed in the stern of the ship facing backwards. The interior pictures of the theater is designed to reflect the position of the window at the stern of the ship. You can see the ribs of the ship's structure along the walls of the theater. Some other "photos" showed Crush talking to the people back in the "era" when the ship was sailing (early 20th century). They were hillarious!

              I wasn't sure how they were going to make Turtle Talk fit into the American Waterfront and the SS Columbia, but now after seeing what they came up with, I think it for the most part works.

              The Pixar/Imagineers also told a story about the testing of the attraction with the Japanese Guests. Crush told a little boy that he was green because he ate a lot of seaweed. He asked the little boy what he ate, and the little boy told him "seaweed"! Lol!

              I'll be checking out Turtle Talk in a couple months. I am curious to see how the show is received by the Japanese Guests. I'll post my thoughts then.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                Too bad there's no way for non-Japanese speaking guests to enjoy this. I understand quite a bit of Chinese come to the Tokyo Disney Resort--they probably won't understand it, either. Usually when I'm with a group that consists of both Chinese and Japanese, they all speak in English so they can understand each other!
                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                  Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                  Too bad there's no way for non-Japanese speaking guests to enjoy this.
                  Actually there is. You can stop by Guest Relations and ask for a set of "Attraction story cards". They are well done and explain in few words the storylines of the attractions. I would assume that these will also be available for Talk with Crush soon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                    TDS was pretty packed around Waterfront Park around 5pm today (Sep 19th). However, the soft opening for Turtle Talk was a walk-on at that time. I've already found the attraction to be less than perfect. Hehehe. Check this picture out:

                    JoeInJpn
                    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                      Ouch. WDI. . .hello! Spell check! (Took me a minute to find it.)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                        Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
                        TDS was pretty packed around Waterfront Park around 5pm today (Sep 19th). However, the soft opening for Turtle Talk was a walk-on at that time. I've already found the attraction to be less than perfect.
                        Besides visual mistakes.. the show as a whole is crap. The fact that many people have not found this "attraction" tells me that the japanese guests know better than spending money to sit in front of a TV screen in stationary seats in a theater. You can do the same (and get much better HD quality picture) when you go to any electronic maga store in Tokyo and sit in front of any huge theater size TV set on the sales floor.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                          ^Well, not with the interactivity and lovable characters that this show presents...
                          Do do do do do do dodododododo!

                          -My Electrical Parade Impersonation

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                            Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
                            They presented the backstory to Turtle Talk at DisneySEA at the D23 expo during the Pixar panel. It was GREAT!

                            They even showed us conjured up photos of the SS Colombia in dry dock, showing the huge underwater observation window installed in the stern of the ship facing backwards. The interior pictures of the theater is designed to reflect the position of the window at the stern of the ship. You can see the ribs of the ship's structure along the walls of the theater. Some other "photos" showed Crush talking to the people back in the "era" when the ship was sailing (early 20th century). They were hillarious!

                            I wasn't sure how they were going to make Turtle Talk fit into the American Waterfront and the SS Columbia, but now after seeing what they came up with, I think it for the most part works.

                            The Pixar/Imagineers also told a story about the testing of the attraction with the Japanese Guests. Crush told a little boy that he was green because he ate a lot of seaweed. He asked the little boy what he ate, and the little boy told him "seaweed"! Lol!

                            I'll be checking out Turtle Talk in a couple months. I am curious to see how the show is received by the Japanese Guests. I'll post my thoughts then.
                            I was also at that presentation and the photos of the theater's interior looked very well done. I also thought it was really clever how they had all the old-time photos showing the ship during construction. Kudos to WDI for paying attention to the details (minus their lack of a spell-check device ).
                            "Keep Moving Forward."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                              Don't miss the full photographic report on TDS Turtle talk with Crush on this thread!

                              http://micechat.com/forums/disney-mo...post1055577655
                              http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                                OLC outdid themselves once again.

                                Here is a Morning Show featuring the new attraction from the park in HD:
                                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKOsEbxTs0]YouTube - ????? 090925 ???????? ?????[/ame]

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                                  Thanks for posting- I think I've enjoyed seeing all the other stuff on the video, rather than Turtle Talk- I can't wait to try out some of the food, which looks like pumpkin & collecting the Duffy mug & plate.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                                    I did make it to the entrance tonight. They some previews going but not for anyone. Some people had tickets, and some were Disney CMs who were in management.. wearing suits and nametags.. I have to say that at least the indoor queue looks cute. I like the poster outside the entrance... and bought some of the grand opening merchandise which is already on sale at TDS and Bon Voyage.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Turtle Talk soft opening now?

                                      I didn't see this posted yet, but has lots of good pics of the attraction, and I have to say, excellent job (as always with OLC) on the theming:

                                      Disney and more: D&M Exclusive Report : Tokyo Disney Sea's " Turtle Talk " Pictures by Yumiko Murata


                                      So my reservations for placing the attraction there were unfounded, and after thinking about this some more, this does bring the families with little children to another part of the park besides Mermaid Lagoon, which is good.
                                      My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

                                      Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X