This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Parks in the Rain / Temporary Closures

Going to TDL and TDS next week! Yippee! It's my second trip, but my first trip to any Disney park for Halloween. We are very excited. But, looking at the weather forecast -- it looks like rain.

Can any of you comment on TDR park experiences in the rain? Do the parades still run? Do some of the rides close? Will the fireworks explode? Will the crowds be lighter?

Also, the temporary closure schedule posted at the below web site seems to never be updated: Tokyo Disney Resort: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities
    I check it every day in hopes that somehow Small World will be open next week as it's my daughters favorite ride.

Thanks to all who post here -- but a special note of thanks to DuffyDad and TDL Fan -- your posts have helped my trip planning immensely (and provided lots of entertainment).

Re: Parks in the Rain / Temporary Closures

Originally posted by TDL TDS HKDL Fan View Post
    Going to TDL and TDS next week! Yippee! It's my second trip, but my first trip to any Disney park for Halloween. We are very excited. But, looking at the weather forecast -- it looks like rain.

Can any of you comment on TDR park experiences in the rain?
    It's usually not a big deal.

Do the parades still run?
    Probably, at least in an alternate version for rain with transparent raincoats.

Do some of the rides close?
    Probably not.

Will the fireworks explode?
    Hm...this one...maybe not. As TDLFAN was saying recently, they seem most cautious about this.

Will the crowds be lighter?
    Usually I'd say, "maybe a little," but since it's Halloween, I'm not sure. There are mad crowds all the time these days, but weekdays are MUCH better than weekends.

Also, the temporary closure schedule posted at the below web site seems to never be updated: Tokyo Disney Resort: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities
    I check it every day in hopes that somehow Small World will be open next week as it's my daughters favorite ride.
    That section is always current. Small World will be closed from 9/24 until 11/16. That's a really long time, but I guess it takes a while to do the Small World Holiday overlay. It is extensive, but it's surprising that it won't even be reopened in time for the start of Christmas events (on 11/7 or 8 if memory serves?). Sorry to confirm bad news.:blush: There's always Sindbad if you're going to TDS, and you can buy your little one a Duffy to make it up to her!

Thanks to all who post here -- but a special note of thanks to DuffyDad and TDL Fan -- your posts have helped my trip planning immensely (and provided lots of entertainment).
    Aw, thanks. That made my morning!^^

Comment

last year on my Halloween visit to TDL we had a day with rain.... the day parade happened in a much shorter version. not all the floats were in the parade, it didn't stop along the route & all the characters were wearing bright coloured rain coats. just after it rushed through the park, the rain absolutely poured down! despite our umbrellas & ponchos, we got saturated. and the park looked empty (but actually every ride suddenly had a line & every shop and restaurant was full!!)

but we still had a great day & lots of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by black cat View Post
        last year on my Halloween visit to TDL we had a day with rain.... the day parade happened in a much shorter version. not all the floats were in the parade, it didn't stop along the route & all the characters were wearing bright coloured rain coats. just after it rushed through the park, the rain absolutely poured down! despite our umbrellas & ponchos, we got saturated. and the park looked empty (but actually every ride suddenly had a line & every shop and restaurant was full!!)

but we still had a great day & lots of fun.
        Someone in the know will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this only happens when it really rains. When it's just a drizzle, or light to moderate rain, I think they wear the clear raincoats... But the parade/show may be a truncated version, even in very windy conditions with no rain sometimes.

Comment

I hate going to any Disney park in the rain. Not just TDR.. but all. Hate it when it rains.

Comment

Do some of the rides close?
            My experience at TDS has been that a light rain does not close any of the rides, but it ceratinly shortens the lines for outdoor rides. Aquatopia and Raging Spirits became walk-on attractions.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X